- Born: 9 Mar 1766, Canterbury CT
- Marriage (1): Lois Cady Reese on 2 Sep 1798 in Attleboro MA
- Marriage (2): Elizabeth Kelly on 2 Sep 1811 in Boston MA
- Marriage (3): Priscilla Langley on 2 Jun 1815 in Boston MA
- Died: 24 Sep 1863
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked from 1795 to 1800 as a silversmith in Boston MA list in 1800 city directory with a shop at no. 1 Marlborough Street and house at no. 14 Summer Street.
- He was a partner from 1800 to 1809 with Henry Farnam in Boston MA 4
- Alternate Mark for RUFUS & HENRY FARNAM.
- Urn by R & H FARNAM, c 1805
Metropolitan Museum of Art
h: 16 7/16"
d: 5½" (of foot)
wt: 45 oz, 19 dwt
- Cup, c 1806
Engraved on opposite sides "John Barnes / 1806" and "Sarah Barnes / 1806" for John and Sarah (Howe) Barnes who married on 8 March 1786.
- Norwich CT, Sep 1807: from Joseph Carpenter's son, Charles, he and Henry Farnum bought his one-sixth part of the late silversmith's house, shop, store, and land, near the courthouse in Norwich. 3
- He worked from circa 1810 to 1830 as a silversmith and jeweler in Boston MA
Listed in the 1815 city directory at 57 Cornhill Street.
Rufus married Lois Cady Reese on 2 Sep 1798 in Attleboro MA. (Lois Cady Reese was born about 1777 in Windham CT and died on 17 Feb 1805.)
Rufus next married Elizabeth Kelly on 2 Sep 1811 in Boston MA. (Elizabeth Kelly was born about 1790 and died on 20 Jan 1814.)
Rufus next married Priscilla Langley on 2 Jun 1815 in Boston MA. (Priscilla Langley was born about 1794.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005