- Born: 4 Jul 1790, Newark NJ
- Marriage: Mary Camp on 3 Mar 1813 in Newark NJ
- Died: 5 Sep 1853, Newark NJ
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He was a partner from 1810 to 1841 with John Taylor in Newark NJ as TAYLOR & BALDWIN 12
- He worked from 1841 to 1853 as a silversmith and jeweler in Newark NJ as BALDWIN & Co. at 399 Broad Street. The firm also included his sons Horace and Wickcliffe, to whom the shop passed at his death. 12
- He was a partner from 1845 to 1850 with James Madison Durand in Newark NJ as BALDWIN & DURAND, watchcase manufacturers and engravers, listed in Pierson's 1850 City Directory at 6 Franklin Street. 12
- Reports of the First Exhibition of the Worcester County Mechanics Association, Sep 1848, Worcester MA. JEWELRY & FANCY GOODS, LAMPS, GIRANDOLES, &c.
E. F. Dixie, Charles Rice, Wm. D. Fenno, Committee.
651. A Case of Jewelry, contributed by Messrs. Dunbar & Bangs of Worcester, containing a splendid assortment of Jewelry, &c., such as Pins, Rings, Bracelets, Chains, Watches, (the cases of which only were considered, being of American manufacture,) Silver Combs, Cups, Spoons, Forks, Butter &l Fruit Knives, Napkin Rings, Card Cases, Gold Thimbles, Spectacles, Eye Glasses, Pencil Cases, &&c., presenting a truly splendid variety of excellent workmanship, and of every form and style. The watch cases were from the manufactory of Baldwin & Durand, Newark, N. J., and were splendidly finished. One in particular was noticed, heavily embossed and chased, surpassing anything ever before seen by your Committee. We beg here to remark that two of your Committee have for many years been, and still are, in the same line of business.
- Pitcher, c 1850
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Newark NJ, listed as a jeweler.
Isaac married Mary Camp on 3 Mar 1813 in Newark NJ. (Mary Camp was born in 1793 and died in 1846.)