- Born: 26 Oct 1805, Gloucester RI
- Marriage: Fallee Palmer on 25 Sep 1837 in Providence RI
- Died: 31 Dec 1891
Events in his life were:
- He was a partner in 1834 with Smith Owen and Alexander Hunter in Providence RI as HUNTER, OWEN & Co. The firm, which only lasted a few months, had rooms in the attic of Jabez Gorham's factory.
- He was a partner from 1834 to 1885 with Smith Owen in Providence RI as G. & S. OWEN, listed in the 1850 city directory at 11 Steeple Street. They were joined by James Pardon Snow(1872) and Charles E. Westcott (1875), the former running the firm's New York City offices and the latter the Providence works.
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Providence RI, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Providence RI, listed as a jeweler.
George married Fallee Palmer, daughter of Gideon Palmer and Elizabeth Simmons, on 25 Sep 1837 in Providence RI. (Fallee Palmer was born on 15 Oct 1816 in Providence RI and died on 15 Jul 1911.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005