Events in his life were:
- He was a partner from circa 1840 to 1845 with David Melville in New York City NY as DAVID MELVILLE & Co. with a shop at 56 Maiden Lane.
- Advertised in the A. E. Wright's Commercial Directory, 1840,
- He was a partner from circa 1845 to 1855 with John Greene Slack in New York City NY as SLACK & BROTHER.
- Letter to MATHEWSON & ALLEN
New York, July 24th 1848Gent
Enclosed we send you our note for 300 dols which we shall have to have Disct We was in hopes not to have troubled you this month but find it impossible to get allong [sic] without by getting the enclosed note Disct you will much oblidge
Slack & Brother
• He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Brooklyn NY, listed as a jeweler.
• He worked from circa 1855 to 1880 as a jeweler in New York City NY
Listed, with his mother, in the 1859 city directory at 190 Chatham Street.
• He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Brooklyn NY, listed as a jeweler.
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005