|William Henry Snow
William Henry Snow
- Born: 7 May 1814, Northampton MA
- Marriage: Esther Frances Denslow on 19 Sep 1837 in Hartford CT
- Died: 1 Sep 1888, Kalamazoo MI
Jeweler and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He was a partner from 1835 to 1837 with Ransom Elisha Hall in Cleveland OH as HALL & SNOW.
- Advertised in the Cleveland Herald (Cleveland OH), 6 Feb 1837, announcing "The co-partnership heretofore existing between the subscribers under the firm of Hall and Snow is this day dissolved by mutual consent. The business of the firm will be carried on by W. H. Snow and Co. who has a large selection of Watches, Jewelry, and Fancy Goods on hand."
- He worked in 1837 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Hartford CT
- He worked in 1838 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Newark OH
- He worked in 1840 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Troy NY
- He worked in 1842 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Dunkirk NY
- He worked from 1845 to 1860 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Hartford CT with a shop at 310 Main Street.
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Windsor CT, listed as a jeweler.
- He worked from 1860 to 1880 as a jeweler and watchmaker in Kalamazoo MI
Listed in the 1863 Michigan State Gazetteer and Business Directory.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Kalamazoo MI, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Kalamazoo MI, listed as a watch repairer.
William married Esther Frances Denslow on 19 Sep 1837 in Hartford CT. (Esther Frances Denslow was born on 6 Mar 1819 in West Granby CT and died on 10 Apr 1900 in Kalamazoo MI.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005