George Augustus Eno
- Born: 16 Dec 1829, Middletown CT
- Died: 22 Oct 1898, Trenton NJ
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked from circa 1850 to 1854 as a silver worker in Hartford CT
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Hartford CT, listed as a burnisher.
- He worked from circa 1854 to 1860 as a silversmith in Philadelphia PA as G. ENO & Co.
- He was a partner from circa 1860 to 1870 with George Bechtel in Philadelphia PA as BECHTEL & ENO, silverware manufacturers. Listed in the 1863 and 1864 editions of McElroy's City Directory as manufacturers of gold and silver at 535 Arch Street and in the 1867 edition at 716 Arch Street.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Philadelphia PA, listed as a silverplater.
- He was issued design patent number 2596 on 19 Mar 1867
G. A. ENO, OF PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA.
DESIGN FOR A SPOON HANDLE.
To All Whom It May Concern:
Be it known that I, G. A. ENO, of Philadelphia, county of Philadelphia, State of Pennsylvania, have invented or produced a new and original Design for a Handle of a Spoon or other similar article; and I do hereby declare that the accompanying drawing, and the following explanation thereof, form a full, clear, and exact description of the said design.
In the accompanying drawing, the figure represents the handle of a spoon, ladle, fork, or other similar article. At the outer end of the handle A is a ball, a, which is fluted, as shown in the drawing, and at the side of this ball is an ornamental projection, b.
I claim the design for the handle of a spoon or other similar article, substantially as shown in and by the accompanying drawing.
In testimony whereof I have signed my name to this specification in the presence of two subscribing witnesses.
G. A. ENO.
W. J. R. Delany.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Philadelphia PA, listed as a silverware manufacturer.