John Sullivan Abbott
- Born: 20 Jan 1817, Montpelier VT
- Died: bef 1880, Conneaut OH
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- He worked from 1838 to 1853 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Montpelier VT 8
- Advertised in the Vermont Patriot & State Gazette (Montpelier VT), 7 Jan 1839, offering a large assortment of silverware manufactured by his hand and warrented of first quality. 8
- Advertised in the Vermont Patriot & State Gazette (Montpelier VT), 25 Nov 1839, calling attention to his work as a watchmaker and jeweler from his shop on State Street, opposite the bank and promising "all silver work, such as spoons, etc are manufactured by himself and warranted of the best quality." 8
- Advertised in the Vermont Watchman & State Journal (Montpelier VT), 1841-1842, offering silver and jewelry made to order or to any pattern from his shop 3 doors east of Branch Bridge. 8
- Advertised in the Vermont Watchman & State Journal (Montpelier VT), 1843, requesting all persons with unsettled accounts to call on him, as he had sold his entire stock to his father. 8
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Montpelier VT, listed as a jeweler.
- Advertised in the Vermont Patriot (Montpelier VT), 17 Mar 1853, announcing that J. S. Abbott would take charge of the watch work in the shop of Samuel Abbott at his new location in E. P. Walton's building on State Street. 8
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Bethel ME, listed as a watchmaker.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Conneaut OH, listed as a jeweler.
- Advertised in the Conneaut Business Directory (Conneaut OH), 1874,
Watchmaker and Jeweller, and Dealer in all kinds of Clocks, Watches, and Jewelry, Silverplated Ware, &c.; all kinds of repairing and engraving neatly and promptly done, at reasonable rates.