- Born: 19 Nov 1783, Norwalk CT
- Marriage (1): Esther Patterson on 2 Apr 1805 in New York City NY
- Marriage (2): Emeline Hoyt on 20 Nov 1843 in Norwalk CT
- Marriage (3): Elizabeth Raymond on 9 Sep 1857 in Norwalk CT
- Died: 22 May 1869, Norwalk CT
Silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed on 15 May 1798 to Asa Whitney in New York City NY
Given the examples found that antidates his master's death, it appears that he inherited or purchased his master's surname mark punches and used them as his own in the beginning of his working career.
- He worked from 1805 to 1842 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in New York City NY
The New York City Directory lists his shop at 20 Chambers Street in 1805; 290 Water Street in 1806; 338 Water Street (same as his brother, Asa Whitney) in 1807; William Street in 1808; and 381 Pearl Street in 1809 where he continued till he was succeeded in 1842 by his son, Edward Tompkins Whitney.
- Watch paper, c 1809
- He was a partner from 1827 to 1840 with Seymour Hoyt in New York City NY as WHITNEY & HOYT, listed in Longworth's 1839 City Directory at 266 Pearl Street. 18
- Watch paper for WHITNEY & HOYT, c 1835
- He worked after 1842 as a silversmith, jeweler, and watchmaker in Norwalk CT
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Norwalk CT, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1860 census taken at Norwalk CT, listed as a watchmaker.
Ebenezer married Esther Patterson on 2 Apr 1805 in New York City NY. (Esther Patterson was born on 15 Jun 1786 in Red Bank Monmouth NJ and died on 2 Feb 1843 in New York City NY.)
Ebenezer next married Emeline Hoyt, daughter of Benjamin Hoyt and Elizabeth Reed, on 20 Nov 1843 in Norwalk CT. (Emeline Hoyt was born on 2 Jun 1805 in New York City NY and died on 9 Jan 1854 in Norwalk CT.)
Ebenezer next married Elizabeth Raymond on 9 Sep 1857 in Norwalk CT. (Elizabeth Raymond was born on 13 Sep 1806 in Norwalk CT.)