Nathaniel Montross Hyatt
- Born: 15 Feb 1812, Somers NY
- Marriage (1): Sarah Emaline Hobdy on 23 Nov 1848 in Eufaula AL
- Marriage (2): Elizabeth Belcher White on 12 Oct 1859 in Sing Sing NY
- Died: 12 Feb 1895, Eufaula AL
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked from circa 1830 to 1840 as a silversmith and jeweler in Saint Josephs FL
- He worked from 1842 to 1883 as a silversmith and jeweler in Eufaula AL as N. M. HYATT JEWELRY Co.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Eufaula AL, listed as a jeweler.
- He appeared on the 1880 census taken at Eufaula AL, listed as a retail merchant.
- Obituary printed in the Eufaula Times & News (Eufaula AL) on 12 Feb 1895
DEATH OF MR. N. M. HYATT
Mr. N. M. Hyatt breathed his last at his home on Randolph street in this city yesterday morning at 2 o'clock. Deceased was born in Westchester County, New York, Feb 15th, 1812 and moved to St. Joseph's, Florida when he was a young man and from thence to Eufaula in 1842.
He was twice married and had by his first wife four children, only one of whom, Mrs. William Petry of this city, survives him. By his second wife he also had four. Two of whom died when quite young, the others, Mrs. G. B. Burbank of Buffalo, N.Y. and Mr. Meltrose Hyatt of Montgomery together with their mother are still living.
Mr. Hyatt was one of the oldest residents of this city, having lived here continuously for 53 years. Until about twelve years ago he was actively engaged in business and only retired when his delining years and ailing health prevented him from giving that untiring energy and zeal to his pursuit that marked his success in former years. His death was thought to be the results of infirmities incumbent upon old age.
Mr. Hyatt was well favorably known throughout this section and was a gentleman who bore a most exemplary character for business diligence and integrity. As a man he was the personification of all that was true and noble as a friend he was invaluable. He was a man above reproach, a gentler nobler spirit never lived and his example and good deeds will survive him.
The funeral will take place from the family residence this evening at 2 o'clock, Rev. I. O. Adams officiating. The following gentlemen are requested to act as pall bearers: James Milton, Dr. A. W. Barnett, N. M. Bray, B. J. Hoole, J. C. McEachern, W. T. Simpson, G. A. Roberts.
Nathaniel married Sarah Emaline Hobdy on 23 Nov 1848 in Eufaula AL. (Sarah Emaline Hobdy was born on 6 Nov 1824 in Louisville Barbour AL, died on 10 Sep 1855 in Eufaula AL and was buried in Eufaula AL.)
Nathaniel next married Elizabeth Belcher White on 12 Oct 1859 in Sing Sing NY. (Elizabeth Belcher White was born on 17 Dec 1821 in Yorktown NY and died on 4 Sep 1911 in Haverstraw NY.)