- Born: 23 Mar 1749, Exeter NH
- Marriage: Mary Ann Knox on 20 Mar 1777 in Boston MA
- Died: 16 Nov 1801, Boston MA
Events in his life were:
- Apprenticed from circa 1763 to 1770 to Daniel Parker in Boston MA 9
He probably stayed on several years as a journeyman.
- He worked from circa 1775 to 1800 as a silversmith in Boston MA
Listed in city directory for 1800 at No 1 Fifth Street. 3
- Teaspoon, c 1775
Boston Museum of Fine Arts 10
l: 5 1/8"
wt: 8½ dwt
Engraved with crest of bird on branch over MS for Mary Storer.
- Sauce boat, c 1775
Moore Collection at Providence College 23
h: 4 7/8"
wt: 14 oz
One of a pair engraved T E C / August 24th 1762 for Thomas and Elizabeth (Scammon) Cutts.
- Tankard, c 1780-1790
Yale University 9
h: 9 1/8"
Based on the proportions, mouldings, and cast elements, this may be the tankard Emery order from Paul Revere in August 1787.
- Advertised in the Massachusetts Centinel (Boston MA), 1789, that he carried on "the goldsmith business in all its branches" at 5 Union Street, which would have been next door to Joseph Loring. 3
- Porringer, 1789
Huntington Library 24
Engraved W over D • H for David and Hannah (Watts) West.
Stephen married Mary Ann Knox on 20 Mar 1777 in Boston MA. (Mary Ann Knox was born on 3 Oct 1755 in Boston MA and died in Dec 1801.)
Home | Surnames | Name List
© Wm Erik Voss 2005