William Daniel Fenno
- Born: 16 Dec 1797, Worcester MA
- Marriage: Frances Rounds
- Died: 30 Jul 1870, Worcester MA
Silversmith and jeweler
Events in his life were:
- He worked from circa 1817 to 1825 as a silversmith, jeweler, and general merchant in Worcester MA
He was working from shop at 104 Main Street by 1820, having taken it over from the firm of EARLE & CHASE. In 1822, he succeeded to the business of his old master, Otis Corbett. 3
- Advertised in the Massachusetts Spy (Worcester MA), 1822-1824, offering an ". . . assortment of fancy goods, silver spoons, ear rings, thimbles, gold watch chains, etc." 3
- He was a partner from 1825 to 1849 with Joseph Boyden in Worcester MA as BOYDEN & FENNO. 3
- Watch paper for BOYDEN & FENNO
American Antiquarian Society
- Reports of the First Exhibition of the Worcester County Mechanics Association, Sep 1848, Worcester MA. JEWELRY & FANCY GOODS, LAMPS, GIRANDOLES, &c.
E. F. Dixie, Charles Rice, Wm. D. Fenno, Committee.
651. A Case of Jewelry, contributed by Messrs. Dunbar & Bangs of Worcester, containing a splendid assortment of Jewelry, &c., such as Pins, Rings, Bracelets, Chains, Watches, (the cases of which only were considered, being of American manufacture,) Silver Combs, Cups, Spoons, Forks, Butter &l Fruit Knives, Napkin Rings, Card Cases, Gold Thimbles, Spectacles, Eye Glasses, Pencil Cases, &&c., presenting a truly splendid variety of excellent workmanship, and of every form and style. The watch cases were from the manufactory of Baldwin & Durand, Newark, N. J., and were splendidly finished. One in particular was noticed, heavily embossed and chased, surpassing anything ever before seen by your Committee. We beg here to remark that two of your Committee have for many years been, and still are, in the same line of business.
- He was a partner from circa 1849 to 1870 with Charles William Fenno in Worcester MA as W. D. FENNO & SON. Listed in the New England Business Directory, 1865 and Mercantile Agency Directory, 1867 as dealers in watches, clocks, and spectacles.
- He appeared on the 1850 census taken at Worcester MA, listed a jeweler.
- Advertised in the The Worcester Almanac, Directory, and Business Advertiser (Worcester MA), 1856, for WILLIAM D. FENNO & SON.
- Advertised in the The Heart of the Commonwealth, or, Worcester As It Is (Worcester MA), 1856, for WILLIAM D. FENNO & SON.
- He appeared on the 1870 census taken at Worcester MA, listed a dealer in watches and jewelry.
William married Frances Rounds. (Frances Rounds was born in 1800 in Providence RI.)