I am researching the following families. Please please feel free to get in touch. I'll be happy to collaborate with anyone who is also researching them (all in the 1800s to present day):
- BEACH, from East Smithfield, Bradford County, Pennsylvania (PA).
- BRIZZEE, from Oswayo, Potter County, PA
- BURLINGAME, from East Smithfield, Bradford County, PA, and Steuben and Tioga Counties, New York (NY).
- HOSMER, from Oswayo, Potter County, PA, and Steuben and Tioga Counties, NY.
- HERRNECKAR, from Germany or France, to Oneida Co., NY, then Chemung, Steuben and Monroe Counties in NY.
- MEEKER, from Bradford and Luzerne Counties, PA.
- NICHOLS, from Apalachin, Tioga County, NY.
- RAHN, from Germany to Oneida Co., NY.
- RAUTIO, from Finland, to Minnesota, then to Chemung, Tompkins, and Tioga Counties, NY.
- SHORT, from Apalachin and Owego, Tioga County, NY (especially Uriah Short, all three of them!)
- TENNANT, from Tioga and Broome Counties, NY.
- TRIPP who changed name to MCDONALD, from Broome and Tioga Counties, NY.
- WOERNLEY, from Germany to Oneida, Tioga, Chemung, and Steuben Counties in NY, and another generation from Tompkins, Cortland and Cayuga Counties in NY, and Indian River Co. in Florida.
MapsHere are maps indicating the counties mentioned above:
Want your own customized maps like this? Go to Do It Yourself Color-Coded State Maps on the Texas A&M University site.
Identifying information about living individuals will be omitted.
This is an old postcard of the Methodist church in my home town. My husband I were married there, as were many others in Tioga Center, Tioga Co., New York. The eBay auction from which I purchased this card said it dated from 1910, but I can find no date printed on it. So I'll just say it's old. Oh, and the church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, too.