Sheboygan Press - Wednesday - November 26, 1941 - p. 14
Mark H. Wegner Claims Gladys Koeppe As Bride
Greens of spruce, cedar and pine were banked at the altar of the Bethlehem Lutheran church for the candlelight
double-ring wedding service on Saturday evening at 6 o'clock in which Mark H. Wegner claimed as his bride, Miss
Gladys Koeppe. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Koeppe, 1202 N. Sixteenth street, and the
bridegroom's parents are the Rev. and Mrs. H.H. Wegner, 1125 Georgia avenue.
The bridegroom's father performed the ceremony and the Rev. Albert Huber, pastor of Bethany Lutheran church of
Kohler, gave the address. As the bridal party approached the altar, they passed through a white gate.
The bride, who was presented in marriage by her father, was gowned in ivory ??? fashioned into a gown with a shirred
basque waist, and a full skirt and full sweeping train. The sweetheart neckline was finished with a collar of cut
work and there were tiny buttons down the entire front of the waist. She received a strand of pearls from Mr.
Wegner. A coronet of ivory tinted seed pearls held her long roll-edged veil of English illusion and her blusher.
Ophelia roses showered from her ivory taffeta muff which was centered with a detachable corsage of orchids.
Serving as her cousin's maid of honor was Miss Clarice Hayner, and the bridesmaids were Miss Marcelia Wegner, sister
of the bridegroom, and Miss Beatrice Hayner, another cousin of the bride. They were all attired similarly in gowns
of champagne blue chiffon dresses worn over taffeta. They were fashioned with bouffant skirts and full bishop
sleeves. Ornamental gold and pink beading trimmed the Peter Pan collars, front waists and midriffs.
The maid of honor wore a pink velvet tiara in her hair fashioned with pale pink ostrich plumes and long velvet
streamers. Her blue taffeta muff had briarcliff roses on it. Blue headdresses like the maid of honors were worn by
the bridesmaids and on their blue taffeta muffs cocomo carnations had been arranged.
Robert Hoenher of Detroit, Mich., attended the bridegroom as best man, and the groomsmen were Robert Jost of this
city, and William Koeppe, Jr., of Sheboygan Falls.
For the service Miss Dorothy Koeppe, sister of the bride, sang `O Perfect Love' and the girls' choir of the Kohler
Bethany Lutheran church of which the bride was the directress, sang `Where Thou Dost Go.'
There was a wedding reception at the Grand Hotel at 8 o'clock for 170 guests.
After Dec. 1 the couple will be at home at 3423 N. Second street, in Milwaukee.
The bride was graduated from Sheboygan High school and had been employed in the inspection department of the
Vollrath company. Mr. Wegner was graduated from Concordia college in Milwaukee and Concordia seminary in St. Louis,
Mo. He is a candidate of theology. At present he is employed in Milwaukee.
Copyright 1997 - 2008 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved