Sheboygan Press - Friday - December 5, 1941 - p. 8
Miss Bernice Bertschy And Melvin Henrickson Wedded
Yellow chrysanthemums, oak leaves and ferns decorated the Schwartzwald church for the candlelight wedding ceremony
on Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock which united in marriage Miss Bernice Bertschy and Melvin Henrickson. The Rev.
William Schultz read the double-ring service. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Bertschy, Route 1,
Cleveland, and the bridegroom's parents are Mr. and Mrs. John Anderson, 1513 N. Seventeenth street.
The bride, who was presented in marriage by her father, was atired in a white satin gown styled with leg-o'-mutton
sleeves which came to a point over her hands, and a full skirt with a ruffled edge. At the neckline of her dress
she wore a strand of pearls which was a gift from her bridegroom. Caught to a crown of seed pearls was her
fingertip veil. The bride carried a bouquet of white chrysanthemums and pompons.
The maid of honor, Miss Ruth Olm, was attired in a gabardine taffeta dress of rust with eggshell inserts in the
skirt. It was fashioned with a sweetheart neckline and a torso length jacket of matching velvet. In her arms she
held a bouquet of bronze and maroon pompons.
The bridesmaids, Mrs. Richard Bertschy and Miss Ruth Street, wore golden colored gabardine taffeta dresses and torso
jackets of matching velvet. Their flowers were bouquets of bronze chrysanthemums and pompons.
Serving as junior bridesmaids were Constance Mau and Ann Ziemke, who were both attired in aqua taffeta frocks with
matching velvet torso length jackets. The colonial bouquets which they held were fashioned of pink roses and pink
and white sweetpeas. All of the attendants received lockets from the bride.
Clarence Henrickson served as best man for the bridegroom and the groomsmen were Richard Bertschy and Elton
Supper was served to 75 guests at Lauer's at Crystal Lake at 6 o'clock.
The bride is employed at the Vollrath company and Mr. Henrickson at the General Box factory. At present the couple
is living at 1513 N. Seventeenth street and after the first of the year they will be at home at 1513 Mehrtens
Copyright 1997 - 2008 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved