Sheboygan Press - Thursday - August 28, 1941 - p. 14
Miss Henrickson Becomes Bride Of Richard Bertschy
Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock Miss Elaine Henrickson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Anderson, 1513 N. Seventeenth
street, exchanged vows with Richard Bertschy, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Bertschy, Route 1, Cleveland, in St.
John's Evangelical church in Town Herman. The Rev. William Schulz read the ceremony.
The church was decorated with a variety of gladioli and was lighted with candlelight.
For her marriage the bride was attired in a sheer white dress with a train. A pearl crown held her long veil and in
her arms she carried a white bouquet of gladioli and larkspur. She was given in marriage by her father.
Miss Bernice Bertschy, cousin of the bridegroom, attended as maid of honor and the bridesmaids were Miss Wilma and
Miss Edna Foth, cousins of the bridegroom.
Attending the bridegroom were the bride's brother, Melvin Henrickson as best man and Clarence Henrickson, another
brother of the bride, and Melvin Stark as groomsmen. Ushers were Harold Kratzat and William Siemers.
There were 100 guests at the home of the bride for supper where the decorations were flowers. A wedding dance was
held at Ed Kuylens hall in Edwards later in the evening.
The couple have gone East on a several weeks' wedding trip, planning to visit at Niagara Falls.
Copyright 1997 - 2008 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids