Sheboygan Press - Monday - June 29, 1936 - p.10
At the home of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Zimmerman, 419 Niagara avenue, Saturday afternoon, at 4 o'clock, their daughter,
Miss Dorothy, exchanged marriage vows with Lester Burtard, son of Mrs. Louisa Burtard, 1918 N. Twelfth street. The
Rev. Karl Schulz of Trinity Lutheran church read the ceremony in a lovely setting of assorted flowers and ferns.
The bride was gowned in ivory Chantilly lace, designed in Princess style with long sleeves, which were fitted at the
wrists, and a Queen Anne collar. The gown, which was developed into a train, was complemented with a long tulle
veil. Edged in shadow lace, the veil fell from an off-the-face hat trimmed with small pearl beads. In her arms,
the bride held a bouquet of yellow roses, feverfew, and white sweet-peas.
Wearing a pink mousseline de soie dress, fashioned with a blue sash was Mrs. Arthur Dexheimer, who attended the
bride as matron of honor. Mrs. Dexheimer wore a band of sweetheart roses in her hair and carried a bouquet of pink
roses and white larkspur. The bride's brother, Leslie Zimmerman, attended the bridegroom as best man.
A wedding supper was served at the Grant Hotel for the immediate relatives and a reception followed at the
Ninety-Nine hall. Out-of-town guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Arno Burtard and son, Donald, of Two
Mr. Burtard and his bride have left on a motor trip through northern Wisconsin and after July 6, they will be at
home at 1918 N. Twelfth street. For going away, the bride chose a brown suit with a rose beige lace blouse and
The bridegroom is employed at the Madewell Chair company. Previous to her marriage, the bride was a clerk at the
S.S. Kresge company.
Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids