Miss Beatrice Burgdorff was the bride, and Francis A. Ploetz, the bridegroom, on Saturday, August 12, when they were wed prior to a 9 a.m. nuptial mass, celebrated by the Rev. George Knackert in St. Dominic's church.
The bride, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edgar J. Burgdorff, 1534 N. Sixteenth street, chose her sister, Mrs. Stephan Kapitan, as her matron of honor and had Miss Rose Burkart, as the bridesmaid. She was given in marriage by her father. James Lutz acted as best man and Stephan Kapitan, the bride's brother-in-law, was in a groomsman role. Ushers were Herbert and Robert Ploetz, brothers of the bridegroom.
During the ceremony, Jack Bohnsack, Robert Burkart, Ellsworth Damrow and Glen Usadel sang "Ava Maria', and "On This Day O Beautiful Mother".
Breakfast was served at the home of the bridegroom's father, Paul A. Ploetz, 2121 Cleveland avenue; members of the bridal party had dinner at the Grand hotel and supper for immediate families was at the Burgdorff home. That evening, 200 relatives and friends attended the reception at Kiwanis Field house. Persons from outside the county were Mr. and Mrs. Robert Ploetz, Stephan, Michael and Peter, Cincinatti, Ohio; Mr. and Mrs. William Kellner, Davenport, Ia.
After the newlyweds return from a honeymoon trip, the destination of which they did not disclose, they will reside at 1409 Mehrtens avenue. Both young persons are 1948 graduates of North High school. The former Miss Burgdorff is a personal shopper at the H.C. Prange Co., and her husband attends the Sheboygan Business college.
Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved