Miss Lenora Katte Becomes Bride Here of Carl Siegel
Miss Lenora Katte, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Katte, 1938 S. Fourteenth
street, was united in marriage to Carl Edwin Siegel, son of Mr. and Mrs.
Ulrich Siegel, 1901 N. Twentieth street at an impressive nuptial ceremony
performed in the St. Peter's Claver church Saturday morning by the Rev.
Francis Pichery. The altars were attractively decorated with large baskets
of vari-colored garden flowers and tall tapering candles.
Edgar Katte, brother of the bride and Alfred Behring as ushers lead the
bridal procession to the altar. Following them were the two bridesmaids,
Miss Marie Martiny of this city and Miss Sylvia Klingeisen of Whitelaw,
intimate friends of the bride. Miss Margaret Katte, sister of the bride, was
the maid of honor and the little Misses Luetta Katte and Cecile Soritz were
flower girls. Master Francis Pungercar as ring bearer carried the rings on a
heart-shaped lace pillow.
The bride who was given in marriage by her father, was met at the altar by
the bridegroom and his brother, Ervin Siegl who attended as bestman. Her
gown was of ivory white crepe with tight bodice effect and tiered skirt of
scalloped uneven hem line. Her long tulle veil of coronet style hung entrain
and was caught with orange blossoms. Tea roses and baby breath predominated
in her shower bouquet.
After the nuptial services, a dinner and reception for the members of the
bridal party and relatives and friends was held at the Leo hall. Covers were
laid for one hundred guests at dinner and in the evening dancing was enjoyed
to music provided by one of the local orchestras.
The bride and groom left on a wedding trip, keeping their destination
unknown. After September 5, they will be at home in their newly furnished
flat at 1904 Calumet drive. The bridegroom is associated with the Siegl
Bros. Dairy of this city.
Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved