Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Sheboygan County, Wisconsin Genealogy & History
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~sheboygan/

This page is part of the site located at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~sheboygan/ There is no charge or fee to access this site or any information on it. If you have arrived here from somewhere else, such as a pay site, and are in a frame, you can click the above url to access this page directly.


This Marriage was contributed by: Jerry Head


Sheboygan (Wis) Press, Wed, May 22, 1957, p21
(With photo of bride)

Miller-Behlow Wedding Is Held Saturday Afternoon

In 3 o'clock rites Saturday afternoon at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, Town Wilson, Miss Marion Miller and Arlin E. Behlow pledged nuptial vows before the Rev. Waldemar Stoehr.

Palms and two arrangements of lavender gladioli and pompons were used in the floral setting for the ceremony which joined the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Marlin Miller, R. 1, Oostburg, and the son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Behlow Sr., R. 1, Sheboygan Falls.

Nuptial music was furnished by Miss Shirley Schukow who sang a solo, "The Lord's Prayer," and joined Miss Jean Schukow to present the duet, "The Lord Is My Shepherd." Mrs. Anthony Gartmann was organist for the service. Presented in marriage by her father, the bride appeared in a gown designed with a lace bodice and featuring large panels of embroidered nylon tulle at front and back of the skirt which ended in a cathedral train. Tiers of the tulle, edged in rosepoint lace, were seen at the sides. Shirred puff sleeves and two rows of rosepoint lace at the boat neckline were other bodice details. A halo of Chantilly lace and pleated tulle ruffles trimmed with sequins and pearls was worn and held the veil of bridal illusion. A white Bible, to which a white orchid with lavender lip stephanotis and tiny bluebirds were attached, was carried by the bride.

Mrs. Richard Hoffmann, cousin of the bride, was matron of honor, and her dress was fashioned of white starched lace over lilac taffeta with a full skirt and cummerbund of lilac taffeta caught in a bow at the back. The frock featured a scoop neckline, and the headpiece worn with the ensemble was a flower-trimmed creation of lilac which held the circular veil.

Bridesmaids were Miss Mary Kruschke, Miss LaVerne Giese, cousin of the bridegroom, and Judy Sterling, another cousin of the bridegroom, in a junior role. All wore dresses identical to that of the honor attendant, and carried natural reed arm baskets holding deep lilac daisy pompons with yellow centers, lacy greens and contrasting bows.

Richard Hoffmann served as best man, assisted by Jerry Loersch and Thomas Hertensteiner as groomsmen. Richard Miller, brother of the bride, was a junior groomsman with Merlin Behlow, brother of the bridegroom, and Kenneth Moenning, cousin of the bride , as ushers.

Dinner was served later at the Town House for 43 guests, followed by a reception at Town Wilson Hall for 500 well-wishers.

Washington, D.C. and other places of interest in the East are on the itinerary for the wedding trip, and after May 30, the couple will be at home at 1640A S. 12th St.

The bride is a graduate of Oostburg High School in 1955, and is employed by Rammer Insurance agency. Her husband, a Sheboygan Falls High School alumnus, works at Kohler Co.

Guests came for the nuptials from Milwaukee, Chicago, Random Lake, Newton, Oostburg, Sheboygan, Sheboygan Falls, Plymouth and Town of Wilson.


Return to the Marriage Page

Return to the Sheboygan Page

If you have any question, e-mail Debie

Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved