LAVEY - WALS WEDDING
A quiet but very pretty wedding took place at St. Mary's Catholic church at
Cascade Tuesday, June 14th, 1910 at 9 o'clock when Miss Anna, daughter of
Mr. and Mrs. James Lavey and Wm. Wals were united in marriage. The ceremony
was performed by Rev. Father Fisher. The bridal party was ushered in by
Mrs. A. Croghan playing softly the wedding march. The bride was attended by
Miss Margurette Sullivan and Miss Lillian Darling of Antigo while the groom
was attended by Mr. Robert Wals and Mr. Geo. Lavey.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of white taffeta silk and wore
a dainty white picture hat and carried an exquisite bouquet of bridal roses,
while the maid of honor Miss Margurette Sullivan wore a very pretty blue
silk dress with hat to match and carried white carnations. Miss Darling was
gowned in white embroidery. The church was beautifully decorated with
flowers and ferns by kind friends.
The ceremony was followed by a reception at the home of the bride's parents
and about seventy-five guests sat down to a fine wedding dinner. The house
was decorated with smilax and pretty flowers. The bride being one of the
most accomplished music teachers off the county brought her in contact with
the public daily. Her kindness and admirable characteristics made her a
favorite with every one. The groom is a prosperous farmer and is well liked
for his gentlemanly ways. Both have hosts of friends who wish them
unalloyed happiness and prosperity through life.
Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved