Miss Arlyn Anderson Weds Cpl. Harvey Fritsch Here
Miss Arlyn Mae Anderson became the bride of Cpl. Harvey A. Fritsch on
Saturday afternoon. St. Paul's Lutheran Church was the scene of the two
o'clock ceremony read by the Rev. Em. Malkow.
The bride, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Chester P. Anderson, 1004 Logan Ave., was
given in marriage by her father to the son of Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Fritsch,
Route 3, Sheboygan.
Lace and net were fabrics of the bridal gown, which featured a small lace
collar, a sheer yoke and fitted lace bodice over satin. Long, fitted sleeves
and a full bouffant skirt with a lace inset at the bottom, which terminated
in a large fan-shaped train were other details of the gown. The bride's lace
appliqued veil in fingertip length was of imported illusion and cascaded from
a cloche of lace with net and pearl trim. She held a bouquet of white
carnations, centered with a removable orchid.
Gowns worn by the bridal aids were strapless and were made of lace over
taffeta. A ruffle of net on the skirt held the net which completed the
frock. Each attendant had a tiny lace jacket, lace mitts and a flowered
headpiece of lace. Miss Gladys Justinger, cousin of the bride, was her maid
of honor and was in yellow garb. Pink carnations comprised her bouquet. As
bridesmaids, Miss Alyce Kraemer, cousin of the bridegroom, and Mrs. Howard
Boeldt donned blue dresses and held bouquets of deep pink carnations. For
her role as flower girl, Darla Justinger, cousin of the bride, was dressed in
a white frock and carried a bouquet of light and dark pink flowers. The ring
bearer was Gary Anderson, brother of the bride.
Attendants for the bridegroom were Leroy Fritsch, his brother, as best man,
and the groomsmen, Wayne Anderson, brother of the bride, and Howard Boeldt.
Duties of ushers were assumed by Jerome Fritsch, brother of the bridegroom,
and Harley Anderson, similarly related to the bride.
During the ceremony, "The 23rd Psalm" and "The Lord's Prayer" were sung by
Elroy Begalke. The organist was Paul Brand.
The wedding supper for approximately 80 guests took place in the church
basement and in the evening, a reception was held at Mallmann's Hall, Highway
28. Music for dancing was provided by Kenny Olm and his orchestra.
On Monday, the bridal pair left for North Carolina, where the bridegroom is
stationed with the U.S. Marine Corps at Camp Lejeune. After Oct. 5, when he
is discharged from service, the couple will reside in Sheboygan.
North High School is the alma mater of the bride, a 1950 graduate. She is
employed at Hand Knit Hosiery Co. Her husband received his diploma from
Oostburg High School three years previously.
Guests at the wedding came from Florida, Kentucky, Milwaukee and Shawano.
Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved