Newly Wedded Couple Plans To Make Its Home In Illinois
Marengo, Ill., will be the home of Mr. and Mrs. Frank G. Beyer, who were
married Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at Our Savior's Lutheran church here. The
bride is the former Miss Hazel Gartman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter
Gartman, 1716 S. Seventh street, and the bridegroom is the son of Mrs. Anna
Beyer, 1504 S. Thirteenth street.
The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. W.W. Laesch, for which the
church altar was banked with asters, dahlias, ferns and two lighted
candelabra. William Tetting presided at the organ and played the Lohengrin
wedding march. Miss Gertrude Zeinemann sang "The Lord's Prayer".
The bride appeared in a gown of white moire taffeta, made with leg-o-mutton
sleeves, sweetheart neckline and a long train. A satin crown, trimmed with
seed pearls, held her fingertip veil and she carried an all white shower
bouquet of chrysanthemums and pompons. She was given in marriage by her father.
Pale orchid taffeta gowns with brocaded velvet trim were worn by the three
attendants. Mrs. Curtis Wedepohl was the matron of honor and Miss Ruth
Beyer, sister of the bridegroom, and Mrs. William Grunow were bridesmaids.
They carried colonial bouquets of roses and pompons. The maid of honor wore
a crown of flowers in her hair, while the bridesmaids wore ribbons.
Best man to the bridegroom was William Grunow. Norman Gartman, brother of
the bride, and Glenn Kilton, were groomsmen. Ushers were Marvin Fritsch and
After the service a reception was held at the Knights of Pythias hall for 100
guests. A wedding dinner was served Friday evening at the home of the
Mr. Beyer and his bride are now on a short wedding trip. Both are Central
High school graduates. The bride had been employed at the H.C. Prange
company. The bridegroom is an employe of the Arnold Engineering company at
Copyright 1997 - 2006 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved