Source: "Portrait and Biographical Record - Published 1894 by Excelsior Publishing Co., Chicago" Page 691
This industry is one of the oldest of its kind, as well as one of the most important, in Sheboygan County. It was
organized in May, 1875, with a capital stock of $50,000, of which about $40,000 were paid up. At that time it gave
employment to some seventy-five hands. In 1888, the capital was increased to $300,000, since which time from four
hundred and fifty to five hundred hands have been employed. The grounds cover about fifteen acres. The factory
proper consists of the main building, 50x350 feet, having three "L's," 50x100 feet. This entire structure is made
of brick and is three stories high, except the finishing and shipping department, which is four stories in height.
A three-story brick-veneered warehouse, 40x150 feet, has also been erected. The goods manufactured at this plant
have an extensive sale and a wide reputation. The present officers of the company are, T. M. Blackstock, President;
C. B. Jones, Secretary; E. C. Francis, Treasurer.
Copyright 1997 - 2009 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights Reserved
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids