Source: "Portrait and Biographical Record - Published 1894 by Excelsior Publishing Co., Chicago" Pages 646 - 647
The Ackermann Institute in an institution for the cure of those afflicted with the alcohol and opium habits, and was founded in January, 1893. The formulas of medicine and treatment are the inventions of Dr. J. O. Ackermann, and were purchased by the company that founded and still operates the institution. The officers are: Joseph G. End, President; Adolph Pfister, Cashier of the Bank of Sheboygan, Treasurer and Secretary; Dr. William St. Sure, attending physician. Some thirty patients have been discharged as cured, none of whom have resumed their former habits of intemperance. The institution has proved a grand success and is destined to accomplish a great good. The system of treatment seems to lead all others in thoroughness and permanency of results, and its principals guarantee a cure or no pay.
Copyright 1997 - 2009 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights Reserved
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids