Source: "Portrait and Biographical Record - Published 1894 by Excelsior Publishing Co., Chicago" Pages 445 - 446
George C. Huson, of the firm of Huson Bros. & Timm, of Plymouth, dealers in flour, feed, farming implements, seeds,
lime and tile, is an early settler of Sheboygan County. This firm is composed of George C. and Gilbert L. Huson, and
Henry Timm, and was organized in February, 1892. Huson Bros, had been previously engaged in the agricultural
implement business, beginning in that line in 1883.
George C. Huson, the subject of this biography, is a native of the State of New York, born September 6, 1854, in
Lorraine, Jefferson County. His parents, Willard W. and Parnee (Lyman) Huson, were natives of the Empire State, and
emigrated to Sheboygan County, Wis., in 1856. On coming to this county, they located on a farm in the town of
Lyndon, near the Onion River, where they passed the remainder of their lives.
Mr. Huson was reared on a farm and received a common-school education. In 1875 he began in the world for himself, in
the sewing-machine business, following that line for some two years. At the expiration of that time he went on the
road as a traveling salesman. After three years experience in that direction, he engaged in the hardware business in
Plymouth, in company with John Meyer, under the firm name of Meyer & Huson. Two years later Mr. Huson sold out and
engaged in the agricultural implement business in the same city. Three years later his brother, Gilbert L., joined
him, and subsequently the present firm was formed, as previously stated.
On the 15th of January, 1878, occurred the marriage of Mr. Huson and Miss Alice Hotchkiss. Mrs. Huson was born in
Plymouth, and is a daughter of R. H. Hotchkiss, of whom a sketch will be found elsewhere in this volume. Mr. and
Mrs. Huson hold membership with the Episcopal Church.
In politics, Mr. Huson is a Republican, and served as Justice of the Peace and Police Justice for some six or eight
years. He belongs to a number of social and civic orders, as follows: Fidelity Lodge No. 19, K. P., of Fond du Lac;
Lodge No. 57, B. P. O. E.; Hiawatha Council No. 520, R. A.; and Plymouth Camp No. 724, M. W. A.
Mr. Huson owns several houses and lots in the city of Plymouth, and is a man fully identified with the city, both in
a business and social way.
Copyright 1997 - 2009 by Debie Blindauer