Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Fritsch Are Golden Event Celebrants
The three-phase observances of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Fritsch's golden anniversary of marriage began with a dinner
for a family group, held Saturday at Hoffmann's Riverdale Restaurant, and continued with a reception for 150
guests at Town Wilson Hall in the evening. The open house with which the event was climaxed took place Sunday
afternoon, between the hours of 1 and 4 o'clock, and was held at the homestead farm in Town Wilson, where the
At the dinner, the Rev. Erich Keller led in prayer and spoke appropriately to the 27 guests, among whom were the
only living attendants at the original ceremony, Mrs. Reinhold Hinze, Sheboygan, sister of the bride of 50 years
ago, and Mrs. Arthur Gartman, Town Wilson, cousin of Mr. Fritsch.
Golden candelabra and an ornamental wedding cake, surrounded by 50 lighted candles, illuminated the long cafeteria
table. Other decorations also were in the golden theme.
Numerous plants, flowers, gifts and cards were received by the couple from relatives, friends and neighbors. The
floral presents were used to give a colorful setting to the stage at the hall. Set between the array, at a focal
point in the center, was a large picture of the couple taken at the wedding five decades ago.
A wedding cake and coin centerpiece from grandchildren and a corsage and boutonniere from the great grandchild,
David Lee Gartman, were received by the celebrants.
Music during the reception was provided by a quartet, comprised of Arthur, Edgar, Herbert and Max Kraemer Jr., who
sang three selections, `Silver threads Among the Gold,' `Du, Du Liegst mir im Herzen' and `On Our Golden
Wedding Day.' Miss Alyce Kraemer accompanied them on the piano.
Persons from beyond Sheboygan County at the celebration were Mr. and Mrs. Frank Beyer, Marengo, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs.
Henry Van Der Kinter, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. T.C. Docka, Appleton; Mr. and Mrs. William Froehlich, St. Cloud, and
Mr. and Mrs. Harvey Jankow and family, Newton.
Town Wilson was the birthplace of both Mr. and Mrs. Fritsch, the former's date having been May 24, 1882, his
parents, Mr. and Mrs. Fredrick Fritsch. His wife, who was Emma Gartman, was born March 16, 1886. Her parents were
Mr. and Mrs. Herman Gartman Sr. Marriage of the couple was performed by the late Rev. H. Schmidt, Nov. 12, 1904 in
the parsonage of Trinity Lutheran Church, Town Wilson.
During the early years of his life, Mr. Fritsch was a farmer by vocation and for a 25-year period was employed at
the Vollrath Co. After his retirement, he and his wife returned to the homestead farm to live with their only son
and daughter-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Erwin Fritsch.
Mrs. Fritsch is a charter member of Trinity Ladies' Aid of Town Wilson and both she and her husband belong to that
Five grandchildren in the family circle are Mrs. Lloyd (Lorraine) Gartman, Town Wilson; Harvey Fritsch, Sheboygan;
Cpl. Erwin W. Fritsch, who is stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., and was present at the celebration, LeRoy and
Jerome, at home.
Copyright 1997 - 2008 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids