Golden Wedding Observance Is Held In County Two Days
Open house and a dinner were held last week Saturday and Sunday in honor of the golden wedding anniversary of Mr.
and Mrs. Henry Zimmermann, Route 3, Sheboygan Falls.
Fifty relatives and friends comprised the group entertained at the couple's home on Saturday evening. The
following day, open house took place during the afternoon and relatives and friends in Attendance included those
from Cleveland and Fond du Lac.
Decorations for the tables were an anniversary cake trimmed in gold and a tree to which gold coins were attached.
Bouquets of flowers, plants and a purse of money were other gifts to the celebrants.
The birth of Mrs. Zimmermann, nee Freidaricka Schuldt, occurred in Town Sheboygan Falls on Feb. 9, 1881. Her
parents were Mr. and Mrs. Joahim Schuldt. Her husband was born July 15, 1877, on the homestead, the son of the
late Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig Zimmermann, Town Wilson.
Marriage vows were exchanged on Dec. 26, 1903, at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Sheboygan Falls, in a ceremony
performed by the Rev. George Wildemuth. Mr. and Mrs. William Adam, Sheboygan, who were attendants at the wedding
50 years ago, were present for the golden event. Another attendant was William Bahlow. Farming was the occupation
of Mr. Zimmermann until 1945, when his son, Herbert, took charge of the farm.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Zimmermann are members of Trinity Lutheran Church Town Wilson. Mr. Zimmermann was on the School
Board for 20 years and served as an elder, trustee and custodian. His hobby is gardening and his wife enjoys
crocheting and knitting.
Two sons of the celebrants are Herbert and Erwin, both of Town Wilson, who were present for the golden event.
There also are two grandchildren.
Copyright 1997 - 2007 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights reserved