In early Ohio around 1810 when my John TIMMONS family was in southern Ohio, a Methodist Minister the Reverend Stephen TIMMONS was actively preaching in the area. Quite likely related, the better documented Stephen TIMMONS family has yet to connect with my John TIMMONS.
- My great-grandfather Thomas Jefferson FOLLIS' funeral was at a Methodist Church. His mother Catherine EIKENBERRY was Church of the Brethren so I assume his wife Matilda TIMMONS was Methodist.
- The George ESSIG family in Whitley County, Indiana is buried in the Oak Grove Methodist Cemetery. His parents are buried in a Lutheran Cemetery his brother John is in a Church of the Brethren Cemetery.
- 200 Years United Methodism
- John Wesley
- Methodist Church of Great Britain
- Methodist Church History
- Methodist Rootsweb Mailing List
- United Methodist History
In 1968 the Methodist Church united with the United Brethren Evangelical to become the United Methodist Church.
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." John Wesley (Methodist minister)
Genealogy research is never complete, more documents are coming online all the time so what wasn't found today, might appear another day. If you find research that adds to, or contradicts mine, please leave a Comment in my Guest book, join my Follis Families on Facebook page, or send me an Email.