Mercy VAUGHAN and Isaac FALLIS
Shenandoah County, Virginia to Greene County, Ohio
View Fallis Pioneer Cemetery, Greene County, Ohio in a larger map
Street Level View shows Cemetery is on Isaac Fallis Farm right side on Little Sugar Creek - notice the name Possum Run Trail on the left side
Click + or - to Zoom In or Out, Click on the colored pin to see the details of the location
Click and drag the hand to move the map, or click the link above to see all my ancestor locations.
Isaac FALLIS son of Thomas and Elizabeth FALLIS born 1779 in Shenandoah County, Virginia, married Mercy VAUGHAN October 10, 1797 in Shenandoah County, Virginia. Mercy was a sister of John VAUGHAN married to Isaac's sister Phebe FALLIS. Mercy born in 1774 died in 1834 and Isaac died in 1858 are buried in the FALLIS Pioneer Cemetery on their farm three miles north of Bellbrook, Sugar Creek Township, Greene County, Ohio with second wife Rebecca BREWSTER.
Children of Isaac and Mercy
- Elizabeth FALLIS born about 1798 in Shenandoah County, Virginia married Jacob MARTIN February 21, 1815 in Greene County, Ohio then moved to Madison County, Indiana with other family members. I have found very little on this family and would like to find more.
- William FALLIS born in 1800 in Shenandoah County, Virginia married Rachel LEWIS October 18, 1818 in Greene County, Ohio by Minister Jonathon Flood, died in 1885 Cass County, Indiana buried in Spring Creek Christian Cemetery. Rachel born in 1802 in Dutchman's Creek, Rowan County, North Carolina was a daughter of Joel LEWIS and Rachel (Nancy) STAPLETON died in 1878 in Cass County, Indiana buried in Spring Creek Christian Cemetery. Mary Swenson and others compiled a lot of useful information by way of the James Stapleton Lewis family histories now online - a careful study of this material may yield some new clues and information on the Follis Families. Genealogy by Jan seems to add more Lewis Family information every time I visit. Another is AdamsFamilyGenWeb. In Stafford County, Virginia Kenmore Plantation is the home of George Washington's sister Betty married to Fielding Lewis - have to wonder if his Lewis' are related to Rachel Lewis William Fallis and Joel Lewis Mercy Fallis?
- Jacob FALLIS born before 1800, probably in Kentucky, married Hannah KINGERY December 22, 1818 in Greene County, Ohio. My line with a small paper trail.
- Isaac FOLLIS Jr. born about 1805 probably in Kentucky, perhaps a twin to sister Mercy, married his first cousin Nancy VAUGHAN August 23, 1820 in Greene County, Ohio. Second wife Elizabeth BARRETT married January 8, 1830 Greene County, Ohio. Elizabeth born about 1810 was the daughter of James Winston Barrett and Nancy Menton. In the 1850 Federal census in Madison County, Indiana Isaac had a third wife Phebe J. (VAUGHAN ?) and a daughter named Phebe J. FOLLIS. He may have also married an fourth wife Elizabeth Compton. Isaac appears to have died in Madison County, Indiana. I need help verifying these marriages and death location. His son Jacob seems to continue multiple marriages shown by daughter Harriet Fallis Swango with some of his Swango 2nd great-grandchildren living in Fort Wayne, Indiana, by way of Shelbyville, Shelby County, and Rochester, Fulton County, Indiana. If anyone has researched this family I would like to find more about which wives are correct and who are the correct children and descendants.
- Mercy Louise FALLIS born in 1805 probably in Lincoln County, Kentucky married brother-in-law Joel LEWIS Jr. October 12, 1825 in Bellbrook, Greene County, Ohio by Minister Jacob Mulford. She died in 1874 in Randolph County, Indiana and is buried in Reitnour Cemetery. Joel born in 1806 Crab Orchard, Lincoln County, Kentucky son of Joel LEWIS and Rachel Nancy STAPLETON. Joel died in 1872 Randolph County, Indiana and is buried in Reitnour Cemetery. Lewis Family of Rowan, North Carolina and Cassia County, Idaho and Joel Lewis Sr.
- Sarah FALLIS born around 1810 probably in Kentucky married her first cousin John VAUGHAN Jr., April 27, 1832 in Greene County, Ohio by Minister Jacob Mulford. John born in 1796 in Shenandoah Valley, Virginia died in 1864 in Randolph County, Indiana and is buried in New Reitnour Cemetery.
- Mary FOLLIS born in 1810 probably in Kentucky married Jacob Mulford WEBB April 21, 1831 by Minister Jacob Mulford, died in 1876 in Frankton, Madison County, Indiana buried in Prewett Cemetery. Jacob born in 1810 in Montgomery County, Ohio, died in 1908 near Frankton, Madison County, Indiana buried in Prewett Cemetery. What is Jacob's connection with the minister for whom he was named - Jacob Mulford?
- Rebecca FOLLIS born in 1812 in Greene County, Ohio married brother-in-law Theodore WEBB February 2, 1836 in Greene County, Ohio by Minister Jacob Mulford, died in 1875 near Frankton, Madison County, Indiana buried in Prewett Cemetery. Theodore born in 1807 in Ohio, died in 1866 in Frankton, Madison County, Indiana buried in Prewett Cemetery.
Isaac's second wife was Rebecca BREWSTER married May 17, 1838 in Montgomery County, Ohio. Rebecca died in 1863 and was buried in the FALLIS Pioneer Cemetery on their farm. I have found very little on this family and would like to find more.
Children of Isaac FALLIS and second wife Rebecca BREWSTER:
- Martha Jane FALLIS born around 1841 in Greene County, Ohio.
- Ruth Ann FALLIS born in 1844 in Greene County, Ohio married William Jefferson SMITH May 22, 1862 Greene County, Ohio, died in 1895 Greene County, Ohio.
- Charlotte FALLIS born around 1845 in Greene County, Ohio married a PERRY or PARRY.
- Every Name Index to History of Greene County, Ohio by George F. Robinson
- FamilyHistory 101 Greene County, Ohio
- Greene County Chapter Ohio Genealogical Society
- Greene County Ohio GenWeb
- Greene County Ohio Public Library - History and Genealogy
- Miami Valley Genealogy Index
More FALLIS FOLLIS pages: