HOUSER, HAÜSER, HAEUSER, HAUSSER, HAEUSSER, HEYSER, HEISER
Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana
There is a Houserville in Pennsylvania, located in Centre County, perhaps near State College.
I have found very little on my HOUSER family of Pennsylvania. There were other HOUSER's in Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana when my KELKER's were living in the second half of the 1800's and are buried nearby in Lindenwood Cemetery. At least one was a railroader like the KELKER's so I wonder if they are relatives of Mary HOUSER KELKER but have not found the connection.
My third great-grandmother Mary HOUSER 1802 Pennsylvania to Mahoning County to Delphos, Allen County, Ohio to 1883 Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana and David KELKER 1801 Lebanon County, Pennsylvania to Goshen, Mahoning County to Delphos, Allen County, Ohio to 1872 Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana.
View Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County in a larger map
Click + or - to Zoom In or Out, Click on the colored pin to see the details of the location
Click and drag the hand to move the map, or click the link above to see all my ancestor locations.
4th great-grandparents Peter HOUSER and Barbara BRECHT comes from the Kelker book. Peter is found in 18th century Lancaster - now Lebanon County, Pennsylvania tax records in Schaefferstown. A likely relative Daniel Braught was in Dauphin and Lebanon County, Pennsylvania records. Need to search Heidelberg Congregation, 1765-1864, Schaefferstown, Lebanon County, PA records for Barbara Brecht Hauser.
Two different parents are found for Peter HOUSER. Mathias or Ludwig?
- Mathias as father by Barbara HORN who has two different gedcoms.
- Ludwig is given by Tom Pittner and unknown gedcom. Peter's first born son was Ludwig, but apparently did not have a son Matthias.
- Found in Genealogical Record of The Family of Koelliker of Herrliburg, District Meilen, Canton Zurich, Switzerland, 1849, by Hess, Rev. John Jacob and Kelker, Rudolph F., Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 1883, republished by Higginson Book Co., and available in the Genealogy Center at ACPL
- HAUSER Family Ancestry.com Message Board
- HAUSER Family GenForum Message Board
- HAUSER Family Rootsweb Message Board
- HOUSER Family Ancestry.com Message Board
- HOUSER Family GenForum Message Board
- HOUSER Family Rootsweb Message Board
- My March 7, 2009 Peter HOUSER - Barbara BRECHT query
- HAUSER Central on the Wayback Machine
All genealogy research contain errors, so let me know if your research contradicts mine. My research of Indiana and Ohio families comes from conversations with relatives, copied scrapbooks, library research, online records, courthouse visits, and multiple visits to final resting places on family farms and cemeteries. Families in other states rely mostly on the research of others. Links to other web sites often change then won't work, so if you find broken links, have additional information on any families, corrections, photos, or anything to add to the history of our families, please leave a Comment in my Guest book, join my Follis Families on Facebook page, or send an Email. Read Dick Eastman's discussion of Unverified Data.