F, #34562, (aft. 1930 - 2008)
- Reference: [34562:] !Add obit data
- Birth*: Aft. 1930.
- (Parents, daughter of Wesley C. Scroggins & Tiney (--?--)).2
- Death*: 24 Nov 2008, "At her residence on Morningside Lane".3
- Death of father: 8 Jun 1967, Wesley C. Scroggins, Medina, Gibson Co, TN, 38355.4,5
- Death of mother: 1968, Tiney (--?--).6
- Obituary (Surviving Sister): Of Nola Scroggins Luckey, 18 Sep 2003, Jackson Sun, Jackson, Madison Co, TN, Add more incl husband.7
- Obituary (Surviving Sister): Of Nola Mae Scroggins, 19 Sep 2003, Commercial Appeal, Memphis, Shelby Co, TN.8
- Obituary*: Of Lillie Scroggins, 25 Nov 2008.3
- Married Name: Lillie Cates.
- Last Edited: 1 Dec 2008
- [S1005] Philip MacCord (Philip MacCord), Database: ":2144966."
- [S1773] Daily Herald
, Mrs. Lillie Mae Cates, 25 Nov 2008.
Daily Herald, The (Columbia, TN) - November 25, 2008
Deceased Name: Mrs. Lillie Mae Cates
Mrs. Lillie Mai Scroggins Cates, 72, former long-time resident of Foster Lane, died Monday, November 24, 2008 at her residence on Morningside Lane.
A Private Family Service for Mrs. Cates will be held in the summer of 2009. Heritage Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
A native of Maury County, she was the daughter of the late Wesley C. and Tiny Pearl Mosley Scroggins. She is the widow of the late Henry H. Cates. She was a homemaker and avid gardener. Mrs. Cates collected ceramic antique dolls, enjoyed quilting, woodworking, canning and listening to music. She was of the Baptist faith. Mrs. Cates loved her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Cates is survived by two daughters, Melissa (Mike) Martin of Columbia, TN and Ann (Dean) Hook of Ethridge, TN; granddaughters, Amanda Anderson of Columbia, TN, Christina McKee of Columbia, TN, Janet (Scottie) Hull of Summertown, TN, and Trina (Allen) Cozart of Columbia, TN; a sister, Ruth Scroggins Maness of Medina, TN; a brother, Dennis (Jean) Scroggins of Columbia, TN; six great grand-daughters and four great grandsons. She was preceded in death by three sisters and four brothers.
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.heritage-fhcs.com.
Daily Herald, The (Columbia, TN)
Date: November 25, 2008
Record Number: /cdh/raw/articles/2008/11/25/obituaries/06cates.txt
Copyright 2008 The Daily Herald, Stephens Media, LLC, d/b/a The Daily Herald, All Rights Reserved.
- [S45] Social Security Death Index (Rootsweb.com), URL: http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/,.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Wesley C Scroggins, 13 Jun 2010 [19 Oct 2015].
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Tinny ScrogginsTinny Scroggins
(Evidently a mistake in engraving. Should be 1918.)
Rose Hill Cemetery
Plot: block H
Record added: Oct 23 2006
By: ~Mary Bob ~-.
- [S1845] Jackson Sun
, Nola Scroggins Luckey, 18 Sep 2003.
Jackson Sun, The (TN) - September 18, 2003
Deceased Name: Nola Scroggins Luckey
Funeral services for Nola Scroggins Luckey, age 91, will be held Saturday, September 20, 2003 at 11:00 a.m. from the chapel of Replogle-Lawrence Funeral Home with the Rev. Clarence Kitchen officiating. Burial will follow in Davidson Cemetery on Barnes Rd. in Madison County.
Mrs. Luckey died Wednesday, September 17, 2003 at NHC Healthcare in Milan, TN.
She was born in Perry County, daughter of the late Wesley C. Scroggins and Emma Bell Smith Scroggins, educated there in the county schools, and later moved to Madison County to make her home. She was retired from the Milan Arsenal. She was a member of Friendship Baptist Church.
Survivors include one daughter, Mrs. Mary Long of Medina and one son, C.D. Luckey and wife, Vickie of Medina; one brother, Robert H. Scroggins of Jackson; two sisters, Mrs. Ruth Maness of Medina and Mrs. Lillie Cates of Centerville, TN; seven grandchildren, fifteen great grandchildren and seven great great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John D. Luckey in 1971; a daughter, Bettie B. Luckey in 1929; a son, Gerald D. Luckey on 1948 and a grandson, Gary D. Luckey in 1983.
Visitation will be Friday evening, September 19, 2003 from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at the funeral home.
Replogle-Lawrence Funeral Home Medina, Tennessee 731-783-3026
Jackson Sun, The (TN)
Date: September 18, 2003
Record Number: 20030918591217
Copyright (c) The Jackson Sun. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Gannett Co., Inc. by NewsBank, inc.
- [S1668] Commercial Appeal
, Medina - Nola Scroggins Luckey, 19 Sep 2003