F, #36543, (bet. 1891 & 1900 - 21 Sep 1954)
Bess Cotterill|b. bet. 1891 & 1900\nd. 21 Sep 1954|p36543.htm|David Cotterill|b. 29 May 1862 or 29 Oct 1862\nd. 1 Oct 1907|p36577.htm|Sarah Angeline White|b. ca. 1877\nd. 9 Apr 1945|p2824.htm|||||||||||||
- Birth: bet. 1891 & 1900 (est. date), MI.3,4
- Death: 21 Sep 1954.5
- Burial: Lakeview Cem, Escanaba, Delta Co, M.6
- Primary link: McLean-Fisk.
- Census: 1900 Daughter in the household of David Cottrill, 274 North Lawndale Ave, Chicago, Cook Co, IL,
- Census: 13 Jan 1920, Bess E. Cotterill, 2830 Temple, Pct. 369, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, CA,
- Occupation: 1930, Musician, Orchestra.3
- Census: 1930 Stepdaughter (Sarah McLean [--?--], Florence M. Cotterill & Alice Cotterill) in the household of Jerry McLean, 619 East F Street, Ward 4, Iron Mountain, Dickinson Co, MI.9
- Obituary (fix): 19 Nov 1930, S-StepDaughter in an obituary of Jeremiah McLean, "Jerry McLean", Escanaba Daily Press, Escanaba, MI.10,11
- Obituary (fix): 5 May 1933, Surviving Relative in an obituary of John Howard McLean, Green Bay Gazette, Green Bay, WI.
- Residence: 10 May 1933, Iron Mountain, Dickinson Co, MI.12
- Name Variation: Elizabeth Cotterill.6
- Name Variation: Bessie Cottrill.
- Name Variation: Bess E. Cotterill.8
- Name Variation: Besse Cotterill.
- [S1376] Obituary: "Duluth Mining Leader Dead After Stoke on Coast (John Howard McLean), Unidentified newspaper, prob. Duluth, MN, 5 May 1933.
- [S93] 1930 Federal Census, National Archives T626, unknown cd1.
- [S5] Birth and name information from census and other records:1900: "Sept. 1891," Age 8, MI, Fa: WI, Mo: WI
1920: Age 25 (Jan 1894-Dec 1894), MI, Fa: MI, Mo: WI (Bess E. Cotterill)
1930: Age 30 (Apr 1899-Mar 1900), MI, Fa: WI, Mo: WI (Elizabeth Cotterill).
- [S50] Cemetery listing
- [S50] Cemetery listing, Delta County Genealogical Society, Escanaba City Cemeteries
- [S2162] 1900 Federal Census, National Archives, T-623, Roll 2361, ED 398, Sheet 6A, (6 Jun 1900)
Ancestry Images Online: ILT623_261-0173
Dwelling, 70, Family, 91, Head: David Cottrill.
- [S2163] 1920 Federal Census, National Archives, T-625, Roll 106, ED 148, Sheet 13B&14A, (13 Jan 1920)
Ancestry Images Online: CAT625_106-0152 & CAT625_106-0153
Dwelling, 342, Family, 358, Head: Bess E. Cotterill.
- [S2164] 1930 Federal Census, National Archives, T-626, Roll 983, ED 22-10, Sheet 4B, (4 Apr 1930)
Ancestry Images Online: MIT626_983-0160
Dwelling, 83, Family, 84, Head: Jerry McLean.
- [S95] Duncan. McLean, "E-mail, D. McLean to J. Scroggins," e-mail message to John M. Scroggins (K604), Various, Date: 7 Jan 2003 From: "Duncan McLean"
To: "John M. Scroggins"
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003
. . Jerry McLean obituary from the Escanaba Daily Press dated Wednesday, November 19, 1930. I think you already have any information on the web.
- [S1372] Obituary: "Retired Engineer, Jerry McLean, Is Called by Death" (Jeremiah McLean), Escanaba Daily Press, Escanaba, MI, 19 Nov 1930 E-mail: From: Duncan McLean" <e-mail address>; To: "John M. Scroggins" <e-mail address>; Subject: update&attachments; Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003. ". . . Jerry McLean obituary from the Escanaba Daily Press dated Wednesday, November 19, 1930."
- [S1375] Obituary: Obituary of John H. McLean (John Howard McLean), Green Bay Gazette, Green Bay, WI, 5 May 1933.