Joel S. Fisk1
M, #36414, (24 Oct 1810 - 27 May 1877)
Joel S. Fisk|b. 24 Oct 1810\nd. 27 May 1877|p36414.htm|Solomon Fisk|b. 20 Feb 1787\nd. 23 Mar 1859|p36420.htm|Catherine Worthington|b. 12 Mar 1793\nd. 24 Sep 1861|p36421.htm|Rev. Ichabod E. Fiske|b. 19 Oct 1747\nd. 16 Sep 1810|p36418.htm|Eleanor Roberts|b. 24 Sep 1750\nd. 16 Jul 1839|p36419.htm|||||||
"J. S. Fisk, 1867"
- Birth: 24 Oct 1810, St. Albans, Franklin Co, VT.2,4,5
- Marriage: 24 Nov 1831, Charlotte Ann Green, Plattsburgh, Clinton Co, NY,
(Parents, Joseph L. Greene & Gertrude Hogeboom).
- Death: 27 May 1877, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.6,5
- Burial: Fort Howard Cem, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.7
- Census: , Joel S. Fisk, .
- Photograph(s)-Individual: Photo(s), Joel S. Fisk.
- Primary link: McLean-Fisk.
- Residence: 1833, , OH.5
- Residence: 1835, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.5
- Occupation: ca. 1836, Appointed Postmaster of Green Bay, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.8
- Occupation: 1836, Judge of Probate, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.
- Census: 1836, J Fisk, Brown Co, WI, State census; 9.
- Residence: 1838, Navarino Twp, Brown Co, WI.
- Census: 1840, Joel S. Fisk, Brown Co, WI, Catherine Parmelia Fisk, Valentine Satterlee Fisk, Fannie C. Fisk, William Justin Fisk & Charlotte Ann Green
- Residence: 1842, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.
- Event: 1843, Erected flour mill, West side, De Pere, Brown Co, WI.11
- Occupation: 1846, Appointed Postmaster of Green Bay (again), Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.
- Occupation: 1848, Appointed Register of the Land Office at Green Bay, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.
- Census: 1850, Joel S. Fisk, Dist. 12, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI, Frances Fisk, Charlotte A. Fisk, William Fisk, Satterlee Fisk, Melancton Fisk, Catharine Fisk & Elizabeth Fisk; (3 non-relatives, not entered)
- Residence: 1855, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.
- Event: 1860, Mentioned Bought sawmill, West side, De Pere, Brown Co, WI.11
- Census: 1860, Joel S. Fisk, North Ward, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI, Charlotte Fisk, Satterlee Fisk, Kate Fisk, Elizabeth Fisk & Melancton Fisk; one servant, Margaret [no surname], not entered
- Census: 1870, Joel Fisk, Ward 1, Fort Howard, Brown Co, WI, Joel: General Commission Merchant; Real property: 50000; Personal property: 20000
Charlotte: Keeping house; Personal Property: 1000; Charlotte Fisk
- Occupation: bet. 1872 & 1873, Commission merchant, Fort Howard, Brown Co, WI.14
- Residence: bet. 1872 & 1873, Fort Howard, Brown Co, WI.14
- Obituary (fix): 12 Apr 1877, Husband in an obituary of Charlotte Ann Green, Charlotte A. Green, Green Bay Advocate, Green Bay, WI.
- Biography: aft. 1896, Mentioned in a biography of Dr. Melancton H. Fisk Biography.15
- Biography: 1913, Father in a biography of William Justin Fisk.16
- Related: Cousin of Julius S. Fisk.
- Namesake: SS Fannie Fisk was named for Fannie C. Fisk and was owned by Joel S. Fisk.
Children with Charlotte Ann Green :
- William Justin Fisk+ (25 Jun 1833 - 1 Mar 1909)17,18
- Fannie C. Fisk+ (21 Mar 1835 - 15 Sep 1875)
- Valentine Satterlee Fisk (15 Feb 1837 - 28 Dec 1872)19
- Catherine Parmelia Fisk (24 Oct 1838 - 14 May 1863)
- Elizabeth Smith Fisk+ (9 Oct 1841 - ca. Jun 1906)
- Dr. Melancton H. Fisk+ (28 May 1843 - 3 Dec 1906)
- Joel Henry Fisk (2 Oct 1845 - 11 Aug 1846)
- [S3] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film Number: 178096, Page Number: 565, Reference number: 22874
"Parents: Father: Solomon Fiske, Mother: Catherine Worthington Fiske:"
"Birth: 24 OCT 1810 Saint Albans, Queens, New York."
- [S3] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film Number: 178096 Page Number: 565 Reference number:
- [S5] Birth and name information from census and other records:
1850: c1810, age 39, VT (Joel S. Fisk).
- [S50] Biography of Melancton H. Fisk (Men of Progress, Wisconsin)
- [S3] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film Number: 178010, Page Number: 20, Reference number: 638
- [S97] Green Bay, WI Fort Howard Cem (part), Manuscript Map and Word Doc, Nov 2002 Duncan. McLean.
- [S50] Wisconsin Historical Society Digital Library and Archives
- [S53] USGenWeb, Site: http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/wi/territory/census/…Fisk J, URL: unknown cd3.
- [S84] 1840 Federal Census, National Archives M704, Roll 704, Page
* Ancestry Images Online: M704_580\WIM704_580-0234.sidMale, 0-1, 1 [Valentine]
Male, 5-10, 1 [William]
Male, 20-30, 1 [Joel]
Female, 0-5, 2 [Catherine, Fannie]
Female, 10-15, 1 [Unknown]
Female, 20-30, 1 [Charlotte]
Female, 30-40, 1.
- [S2037] Deborah Beaumont Martin, History of Brown County, Wisconsin, Google Books, URL: http://books.google.com/books?id=hz8VAAAAYAAJ, p. 306 In 1843 Joel S Fisk erected the first flour mill with a capacity of fifty barrels of flour per day. This mill is known to all as the Dunham Mill. In 1855 Elias Sorenson established the first shipyard at De Pere In the same year Square & Sabine built a sawmill on the West side which was sold to James Ritchie in 1860.
- [S85] 1850 Federal Census, National Archives M432, 1850 United States Federal Census > Wisconsin > Brown > Green Bay, Roll 234, Page 44/87.
- [S86] 1860 Federal Census, National Archives M653, 1860 United States Federal Census > Wisconsin > Brown > Green Bay North Ward, Roll 1400, Page 71.
- [S70] Ancestry.com, General search results, URL: www.ancestry.com, :
Green Bay, Wisconsin Directory, 1872-73
Name: J S Fisk
Occupation: commission merchant
Home: house Willow north of Main.
- [S50] Biography of Melancton H. Fisk (Men of Progress, Wisconsin).
- [S1261] History of Brown County, WI, 1913.
- [S3] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film 457958, Sealings for the dead, couples and children (includes some living spouses and children) 1943-1970; heir indexes, 1943-1965 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints. Salt Lake Temple.
- [S1303] Ruel Thain (Ruel Thain), Database: ":2222647". [7 Nov 2002]
- [S3] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Film Number: 442551 Reference number: 102831.