Mary Ann McLean1
F, #2807, (22 Mar 1858 - 17 Sep 1919)
Mary Ann McLean|b. 22 Mar 1858\nd. 17 Sep 1919|p2807.htm|Dennis E. McLean|b. bet. 1 Jan 1833 & 7 Jun 1833\nd. 7 Jun 1872|p2800.htm|Mary Garvey|b. bet. 1 Jan 1834 & 30 Jul 1834\nd. 30 Jul 1914|p2801.htm|||||||||||||
- Birth: 22 Mar 1858, Neenah, Winnebago Co, WI.3,4,5
- Marriage: bet. 15 Apr 1891 & 15 Apr 1892 (est. date), William R. Wylie.
- Death: 17 Sep 1919, 3240 Irving Avenue South, Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, MN, Margaret D. McLean was identified as the informant on the death certificate.6,7
- Burial: 19 Sep 1919, Lakewood Cem (24), Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, MN,
- Primary link: McLean-Fisk.
- Census: 1860 Probable Daughter in the household of Dennis E. McLean, Neenah, Winnebago Co, WI.9
- Census: 1870 Probable Daughter in the household of Dennis E. McLean, Village of Neenah, Winchester P.O., Winnebago Co, WI.10
- Census: 1875 State Census, Winnebago Co, WI
In household of Mary McLean (Garvey), probably her daughter.11
- Census: 1880, Census, Not found in MI, MN, or WI.
- Census: 1885 State Census, Not found in WI.
- Residence: bet. 1889 & 1919, Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, MN.12
- BaptismMary Wylie Sponsor at the baptism of Joseph Orlo Wylie McLean 4 Mar 1897 St. Patrick, Green Bay, Brown Co, WI.13
- Census: 1900, Census, Not found at 3240 Irving Avenue South, Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, MN,
(House not built until 1902).14
- Census: 1910 Wife in the household of William R. Wylie, 3240 Irving Avenue South, Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, MN, Comment: Details are questionable and may have been provided by someone else; Helen Wylie.
- Marriage: 14 May 1910, Attended the wedding of
Maurice Elbert Scroggins and Ethel Fanny McLean
Home of J. H. McLean, Duluth, St. Louis Co, MN.15,16
- Obituary: 30 Jul 1914, Surviving Daughter in an obituary of "Mary Garvey", Escanaba Morning News, Escanaba, Delta Co, MI.17
- Obituary: aft. 30 Jul 1914, Surviving Daughter in an obituary of "Mary Garvey", [Unknown newspaper], Neenah, Winnebago Co, WI.18
- Marriage: 21 Jul 1917, Attended the wedding of
Wilbur Fisk McLean and Marjorie MacCandless Morrow
Duluth, St. Louis Co, MN.19
- Related: Related: Mary Ann McLean was the brother of John Howard McLean
(". . . at the home of Mr. and Mrs. John Howard McLean . . .Colonel and Mrs. W. R. Wylie,
of Minneapolis, the latter being a sister of Mr. McLean. . .").16
- Related: Aunt of Neva Read.
- Married Name: Mary Ann Wylie (McLean).
- [S1367] Mary Ann McLean, Death Cert. of Mary Ann McLean, Name of mother: Mary Garvey.
- [S5] Birth and name information from census and other records:
Possibly 22 Mar 1857 instead of 1858
1860: c1857, age 3, WI
1870: c1857, age 13, WI
1910: bet 15 Apr 1865 and 15 Apr 1866, age 44, WI, FA: Scotland, Mo: Scotland (1 child, 1 living)
Death certificate says "Mar. 22, 1858" but the final "8" looks as if it may have been changed from "7" to "8"
Her brother James was baptized 10 Oct 1858, making the Mar 1858 date questionable.
- [S91] 1910 Federal Census, National Archives T624, Roll 704, ED 153, Sheet 4B
Ancestry Images Online: MNT624_704-0306.sid
- [S1367] Mary Ann McLean, Death Cert. of Mary Ann McLean, Birthplace: Neenah, WI.
- [S938] Minnesota Historical Society. Minnesota Death Certificates, URL: http://people.mnhs.org/dci/Search.cfm, WYLIE, MARY MELEAN
Date of Birth: n/a
Place of Birth: n/a
Mother Maiden Name: n/a
Date of Death: 09/17/1919
County of Death: HENNEPIN.
- [S1367] Mary Ann McLean, Death Cert. of Mary Ann McLean.
- [S50] Lakewood Cemetery
MARY MCL. WYLIE
Death Date 09/17/1919
Place of Death NA
Disposition Date 09/19/1919
Site Id 281-24-4.
- [S1466] 1860 Federal Census, National Archives, M-653, Roll 1437, Page 379, (unknown enumeration date)
Head: Dennis E. McLean
Ancestry Images Online: WIM653_1437-0080.sid
* Dennis McLain, 26, m, Ireland
* Mary " , 28, f, Ireland
* Bidilia " , 4, f, Wisconsin
* Mary Ann " , 3, f, Wisconsin
* James " , 1, m, Wisconsin.
- [S1467] 1870 Federal Census, National Archives, M-593, Roll 1745, Page 107(L), (unknown enumeration date)
Head: Dennis E. McLean
Ancestry Images Online: WIM593_1745-0215.sid
* McLean, Dennis, 39, m, w, Ireland
* " , Mary, 37, f, w, Ireland
* " , Delia, 14, f, w, Wisconsin
* " , Mary A, 13, f, w, Wisconsin
* " , James H, 12, m, w, Wisconsin
*-" , John, 10, m, w, Wisconsin
* " , Jeremiah, 7, m, w, Wisconsin
* " , Edward, 5, m, w, Wisconsin.
- [S95] Duncan. McLean, "E-mail, D. McLean to J. Scroggins," e-mail message to John M. Scroggins (K604), Various, From: "Duncan McLean" <e-mail address>
To: "John M. Scroggins" <e-mail address>
Subject: FW: 1855 WI census UPDATE
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002
. . .
I didn t look at the 1865 census.
1875 WI census (still Winnebago Co., Neenah) has Mrs.
Mary McLean as head of family with 4 males & 4 females.
I presume: Mary + all children resided there in 1875.
Between 1875 & 1880 (Fed. Census), Delia, Mary Ann, & James moved out.
1885 WI census has no trace of McLean that I could find.
- [S1367] Mary Ann McLean, Death Cert. of Mary Ann McLean, Length of residence in city or town where death occurred, 30 years.
- [S2118] Carol Ann McLean Kunkel, "See CD for details," e-mail message to John M. Scroggins (K604), Various, Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 132740 -0500
Subject Hello again!
* * *
My dad, James Hannan McLean (Hannan was my dad’s mom’s maiden name Florence Hannan McLean Haskins)
My dad’s father’s name as I found on his Baptismal certificate was as follows
Joseph Orlo Wylie McLean
Baptized March 4, 1897 in St. Patrick (church)?, Green Bay, WI by M.J. O’Brien
Social Security # 361-01-3125
Orlo was son of
And Elizabeth Jansen (think this spelling is correct)
Orlo’s ‘sponsors’ of the Baptismal were
* * *.
- [S50] Hennepin County Property Information Search
- [S36] Interview, Maurice E. Scroggins, various, ca. 1967, "Wedding announced in Wabasha, Minn. Standard, 5-19-1910, p. 1. Wedding happened 8:30 Sat., May 14, 1910, in Duluth at home of J. H.McLean. Rev. John Walter Powell officiated. J. H. McLean's sister was. W. R. Wylie of Minneapolis."
- [S50] Wedding Announcement http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~scrogginsdata/…
- [S1374] Obituary: "Pioneer is Summoned" (Mary Garvey), Escanaba Morning Press, Escanaba, MI, 30 Jul 1914 E-mail: From: "Duncan McLean" <e-mail address>; To: "John M. Scroggins" <e-mail address>; Subject: MaryMcLeanObit & other; Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:26:19 -0600. ". . . (Attachment) Mary McLean obituary from the Thursday, July 30, 1914 Escanaba Morning Press. . ."
- [S1373] Obituary: Obituary of Mrs. Mary McLean (Mary Garvey), Neenah Times, Neenah, WI, ca. 30 Jul 1914, Image.
- [S98] List of invitations to wedding of Wilbur McLean and Marjorie Morrow, Typed list, ca. Jul 1917 Duncan. McLean.
- [S2055] Corrine Sandberg, "See CD for details," e-mail message to John M. Scroggins (K604), Various, More on the Wylie's, 2 Mar 2009 Helen has a birth certificate Cert ID# DC-23422. Wylie, Helen Ruth, date of birth, 02 May 1906, Mother Maiden Name McLean, and County of Birth, Hennepin (Minnesota). The Cert# is out of order and the "DC" must mean an adjusted birth record. I don't believe she used the "Ruth".