This page lists Pomeranian towns and villages in which people with the surname of Schrank (or variations Schranck, Schranke, Schrancke, Shrank, Szrank) are known to have lived. The data comes from various sources and people - an indication of the source is given with each entry.
The occurance of the name Schrank seems to be predominate in Kreis Belgard-Schivelbein and in the neighbouring Kreise of Neustettin and Dramburg. A detailed map shows the location of the individual towns and villages with respect to one another. Placenames in:
For any suggested additions or corrections please send me an email.
|Randow||Pölitz, Rosenau / Rosengarten|
|Greifenhagen||Retzowsfelde, Bienenwerder, Dobberphul, Neu-Zarnow|
|Pyritz||Groß Möllen, Schönwerder, Neu Falkenberg|
|Stargard in Pommern||Stargard in Pommern|
|Regenwalde||Wangerin, Rienow, Bonin|
|Schivelbein||Schlenzig, Boltenhagen, Schivelbein, Neu-Schivelbein, Kussenow, Schlönwitz, Panzerin, Polchlep, Repzin, Venzlaffshagen, Völzkow, Labenz, Ritzig|
|Belgard||Vietzow, Rarfin, Ziezeneff, Bad Polzin, Jagertow, Weidehoff, Altland, Klein Poplow, Brutzen, Hagenhorst, Horden|
|Dramburg||Dramburg, Dalow, Birkholz, Grünberg, Falkenburg, Dietersdorf, Rosenhof, Klein Sabin & Virchow, Friedrichshorst, Groß Schönberg, Gersdorf, Rosenhöh, Zetzin, Klebow, Alt Wuhrow|
|Neustettin||Klotzen, Patzig, Alt Koprieben, Koprieben, Klöpperfier, Pöhlen, Zicker, Klaushagen, Bulgrin, Neu Liepenfier, Alt Liepenfier, Zemmin, Neu Wuhrow, Reppow, Pielburg, Neustettin, Lottin, Soltnitz|
Key to symbols:
|Underlined||commonly used name|
(1) Lina and Otto Schrank listed in the 1937 Stettin Adreßbuch as owner of "Kolonialwarenhandlung" and shopkeeper, Boelckestraße 12, with lodgings at No. 11
(2) Otto Schönemann, 1937 at Wilhelm-Busch-Weg 79, Stettiner Adreßbuch 1937.
(3) In the 'Einwohner-Verzeichnis Kolberg 1865' the name SCHRANK is not mentioned. Most probably both teachers named SCHRANK were from the same family and moved to Kolberg because of their occupation.
(4) The building at Haberlingplatz 15 belonged to a transport contractor (Fuhrhalter) called Franz NEITZEL (Addr.: Luisenstr. 4). Other residents:
(5) The building at Seestraße 10 belonged to someone called VOSS. Other residents:
(7) These births do not appear in the Lutheran church books for Schivelbein that have recently been rediscovered by Dieter Schimmelpfennig. It is therefore likely that these individuals were born elsewhere, possibly in Kreis Schivelbein rather than the town of Schivelbein.)
(8) It is not certain which Falkenburg or Falkenberg is meant here. There was one Falkenberg in each of the Kreise Naugard, Pyritz and Schivelbein, one Falkenburg each in the Kreise Dramburg and Köslin and then a Neu Falkenburg in Kr. Dramburg and Neu Falkenberg in Kr. Pyritz. As the third child in this family is said to have been born in Dramburg, I assumed that Falkenburg, Kr Dramburg was the most likely one.
(9) There was no Kampendorf in Pomerania. Possibly Kempendorf, Kr. Saatzig was meant.
(10) The place of origin was given as 'Klein Kiepenfier'. As I was unable to locate such a place, I decided this must have been Neu Liepenfier.