The hamlet of Perryville is in the north central portion of the town of Fenner in Madison county, New York. It is located at the intersection of Perryville Road (County Route 23) with Quarry, Ray, and Seibenbaum Roads. The community is actually in the towns of Fenner, Sullivan, and Lincoln. It was originally known as New Chuckery, then Dykeman's Mills. Following Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry's victory on Lake Erie during the War of 1812, it was given its present name in his honor. The railroad station for the hamlet was known as Blakeslee Station, since there was another existing station on the line called Perry, in Wyoming County. The Perryville post office is reputed to have been established about 1816 but the earliest official date given in Postal Service archives is February 28, 1820. The post office was located at various times in the Towns of Fenner, and Sullivan, and was discontinued on May 20, 1995.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids