|Peter Johnson made these observations below about some of the men named on the Township map.
- WD POWELL Esq. - undoubtedly William Dummer POWELL who was a big wig in Toronto. Never lived in Sidney..
- Philip EMBURY - son of Andrew EMBURY UE. He did live in
Sidney for a time before moving to Madoc Tp where a tree clobbered him
in 1845. Born c1785.
- M GRASS - likely Capt. Michael GRASS UE who lived in Kingston.
- Capt. Redford CRAWFORD - a Capt. in the 2nd Battn King's Royal Yorkers. Didn't live here
- George FAIRMAN - Likely George c1784 son of John FAIRMAN UE. Did live in Sidney. Buried at Vanderwater Cem.
- Peter SWITZER - did not live in Sidney.
- Matthias ROSE - did not live in Sidney.
- SIMMONS - most of them are children of Pte. Henry SIMMONS of Murray Tp
- David R. KETCHESON - Earliest David R (David Roblin
KETCHESON) I can find was born in 1823, a grandson of William KETCHESON
Sr. UE.With names such as David KETCHESON not born until 1823, this 1787 map was much a work in progress.
- HAWLEYS - One branch was local, but I suspect most of the ones listed
didn't live here. Lots of HAWLEYS in Ernestown Tp. esp. Jeptha HAWLEY
- Capt. George SINGLETON another officer in the King's Royal
Yorkers. Died 1789, but settled in 'Belleville' ahead of MEYERS so in
that respect more of the 'founder' of Belleville.
various SMITHS interest me, especially those near the Front of Sidney,
as John SMITH c1793 married a MEYERS granddaughter, and we have never
been sure of his parents, but so likely one of these here as John lived
in Sidney Tp.
- ASSELSTINE - They more likely lived at Ernestown Tp
- Arra ROSE - Thought I might see his name as the first town meeting
in 1790 was reportedly held at his place. Might be the Jacob ROSE
property. One of his sons was a Jacob.