Descendants of Vinton Walls
Grandfather of Judith Walls Inman
Generation No. 1
1. VINTON1 WALLS was born in Ohio, and died in Marion, Grant Co, Indiana. He married JENNIE CEE. She died Aft. 1935 in Indiana.
Notes for VINTON WALLS:
Buried in Bond Cemetery in Converse, Indiana
The name Jesse in this family look like they might possibly be connected to Brittain Wall, born Aug 15, 1798 in Randolph Co., NC. who married Martha "Patsy" POWELL in 1820 and moved to Indiana, settling in Grant Co., IN by 1837-1840. He was one of the first white settlers of the county. His brother was Jesse Wall, who stayed behind in Randolph Co., NC, but whose children also went to Indiana. Another brother, Wiley Wall, was my direct descendant. Tim Walls
Walls family researcher in Grant Co., Indiana
Children of VINTON WALLS and JENNIE CEE are:
2. i. DANIEL WITHAM2 WALLS, b. February 05, 1908, Marion, Indiana; d. December 16, 1980, Marion, Indiana.
ii. JESSIE WALLS.
3. iii. CHARLES WALLS.
iv. LEE WALLS.
4. v. ED WALLS.
5. vi. JOE WALLS.
vii. HARRY WALLS.
Generation No. 2
2. DANIEL WITHAM2 WALLS (VINTON1) was born February 05, 1908 in Marion, Indiana, and died December 16, 1980 in Marion, Indiana. He married RUTHABELLE SHOEMAKER June 1928 in Marion, Indiana, daughter of ELISHA SHOEMAKER and ISABELLE TILDEN. She was born July 25, 1910 in Marion, Indiana, and died March 09, 1998 in Danville, Indiana and living with her daughter, Judith, in Indianapolis for several years.
Notes for RUTHABELLE SHOEMAKER:
Ruthabelle's mother died when she was three years old probably of cancer. She was the youngest child. The next oldest child was Ray who was nine. Her dad placed her in a series of foster of homes because he could not care for her a little girl without a mother
She lived with 13 foster families. She moved often, she guessed because her father was afraid she would get attached. The foster families were in Marion Indiana.
She lived with her sister Edna when she was 15 until she married Daniel Wall.
Ruthabelle told her daughter that her mother's family, the Tildens, were farmers from Ireland. Her father received a dowry from the farm.
3. CHARLES2 WALLS (VINTON1)brother of DANIEL WALLS.
Charles married JESSIE (unknown last name).
4. ED2 WALLS (VINTON1)brother of DANIEL WALLS.
Submitted by Rita Anne Shrontz Carpenter
My mother is Rita Carmen Walls Shrontz, her father is Ed Walls, brother to Daniel Walls. Ed Walls' wife's name is Crystal Mary Hoff Walls.
5. JOE2 WALLS (VINTON1) brother of DANIEL WALLS.
Joe married ELIZABETH (unknown last name).
Descendants of Vinton Walls
1 Vinton Walls
. +Jennie Cee d: Aft. 1935
2 Daniel Witham Walls b: February 05, 1908 d: December 16, 1980
.... +Ruthabelle Shoemaker b: July 25, 1910 d: March 09, 1998
2 Jessie Walls
2 Charles Walls
... 2 Lee Walls
2 Ed Walls
2 Joe Walls
... 2 Harry Walls
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids