Descendants of Robert Davis
The 3rd great grandfather of Glenna Lou Haslip
Generation No. 1
1. ROBERT1 DAVIS (DAVISA) was born Abt. 1799 in Tennessee, and died 1867 in Ozark, County, Missouri. He married SARAH MARY.
Notes for ROBERT DAVIS:
The Davis Cemetery was deeded to Robert W. Davis in 1860. Robert Davis died in 1867 and his land, in that same area, was deeded to his several heirs. Possibly his was the first burial in what was to become a family cemetery. There is no marker to indicate his grave, nor his son William.
It is believed the ancestors of the Davis' in the Davis Cemetery came from Pennsylvania to Maryland then to South Carolina. It is even possible they were among the 300 families removed from Wales to Pennsylvania between 1682 and 1700 which represented 2,000 individuals many bearing the name Davis, Cooper, James or Moore.
Davis is the oldest Welsh family names. In the first U.S. Census, taken in 1790, it was the fourth most common name, ranking after Smith, Brown, and Johnson.
Children of ROBERT DAVIS and SARAH MARY are:
2. i. FRANCES MARION2 DAVIS, b. Aft. 1830, Noble, Ozark County, Missouri.
ii. NELSON DAVIS, b. Aft. 1825.
3. iii. WILLIAM DAVIS, b. 1826, Tennessee; d. 1875, Noble, Ozark County, Missouri.
iv. ELIZABETH DAVIS, b. Aft. 1826.
v. JOHN DAVIS, b. Aft. 1827.
vi. POLLY A. DAVIS, b. Aft. 1828.
vii. ANDREW J. DAVIS, b. Aft. 1829.
viii. REBECCA DAVIS, b. Aft. 1831.
ix. MARY DAVIS, b. Aft. 1832.
Generation No. 2
2. FRANCES MARION2 DAVIS (ROBERT1, DAVISA) was born Aft. 1830 in Noble, Ozark County, Missouri.
Child of FRANCES MARION DAVIS is:
4. i. JAMES HOUSTON3 DAVIS, b. 1872; d. 1964, Christian Co, Missouri.
3. WILLIAM2 DAVIS (ROBERT1, DAVISA) was born 1826 in Tennessee, and died 1875 in Noble, Ozark County, Missouri. He married MARY PILAND 1850.
Notes for WILLIAM DAVIS:
Served as private in Co I 46th Mo Inf during the Civil War
Children of WILLIAM DAVIS and MARY PILAND are:
i. SARAH JANE3 DAVIS, b. 1853.
ii. JON THOMAS DAVIS, b. October 09, 1854.
iii. JAMES ROBERT DAVIS, b. October 08, 1856.
iv. NANCY ANN DAVIS, b. December 08, 1858.
v. MARY PENINA DAVIS, b. 1861.
vi. JOSEPH S. DAVIS, b. June 08, 1864.
Generation No. 3
4. JAMES HOUSTON3 DAVIS (FRANCES MARION2, ROBERT1, DAVISA) was born 1872, and died 1964 in Christian Co, Missouri (Source: Highlandville Cemetery (provided by Wayne Pryeer. He married MARY ELLEN COLEMAN February 22, 1894 in Highlandville, Mo. (Source: Wayne Pryer She was born 1879, and died 1958 (Source: Highlandville Cemetery (provided by Wayne Pryeer ).
Children of JAMES DAVIS and MARY COLEMAN are:
5. i. EDWARD4 DAVIS, b. Bet. 1895 - 1897, Highlandville, Missouri.
ii. ALLIE DAVIS, b. 1898.
iii. WILLIAM DAVIS, b. August 11, 1900; d. September 03, 1963 (Source: Highlandville Cemetery (provided by Wayne Pryeer >); m. FLORA; b. January 06, 1915 (Source: Wayne Pryer ).
iv. JACOB DAVIS, b. 1903.
v. LINCOLN DAVIS, b. 1905; d. 1957; m. OPAL C.; b. 1909.
Generation No. 4
5. EDWARD4 DAVIS (JAMES HOUSTON3, FRANCES MARION2, ROBERT1, DAVISA) was born Bet. 1895 - 1897 in Highlandville, Missouri. He married FLORENCE MCREYNOLDS, daughter of JAMES MCREYNOLDS and MATILDA GIDEON. She was born May 1898 in Highlandville, Missouri.
Notes for FLORENCE MCREYNOLDS:
Her mother passed away when Florence McReynolds, was around 4 years old. Her mother, Matilda Gideon was 31.
Children of EDWARD DAVIS and FLORENCE MCREYNOLDS are:
6. i. MARY LOUISE5 DAVIS, b. February 25, 1924, Highlandville, Missouri.
ii. WILFRED DAVIS.
iii. HOMER DAVIS.
iv. LILY DAVIS.
v. BILLY DAVIS.
vi. J. H. DAVIS.
vii. GENNELL DAVIS.
viii. HAROLD DAVIS, b. August 15, 1942.
Generation No. 5
6. MARY LOUISE5 DAVIS (EDWARD4, JAMES HOUSTON3, FRANCES MARION2, ROBERT1, DAVISA) was born February 25, 1924 in Highlandville, Missouri. She married CARL GLEN HASLIP October 18, 1941, son of SAMUEL HASLIP and LETUSSISHA BILYEU. He was born September 19, 1925 in Ozark, Missouri.
Notes for CARL GLEN HASLIP: Refer to Haslip Family History.
Haslip Family History
Bilyeu Family History