The Cannon Cemetery is located in Locust Grove on the right of State
Route #41 across from State Route #73. No markers are left to show the location.
Mrs. Robert Wallace reported that there were field stones and markers at one time
stacked against the buildings. A large older home with a rock wall in front could
have once belonged to the Cannon family. The farm was once owned by Guy Wallace,
father of Maxine Kratzer and Robert Wallace.
In Evans and Stivers History of Adams County on page 415 it states that Curtis Cannon kept a tavern in Locust Grove. His son Urban W. Cannon built a hotel and planted a grove of locusts opposite the D. S. Eylar Hotel. In 1835 he laid out a town around the site of his hotel and named it Locust Grove. A post office was built bearing the same name.
In the Inventory of Estates, Volume IV, page 280, Curtis Cannon late of Franklin Township deceased estate appraised 19 April 1831 and inventory presented.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids