169. Moses Sacket, 1743-___?, of Westfield Mass., son of (35) David [p. 46 has Daniel] and Mary Weller Sacket, was married in 1770 to Eunice Cadwell.
Sacket, b. June 23, 1771, d. Mar. 20, 1851; m. William Noble.
500. Martin Sacket, b. Dec. 23, 1776, d. June 12, 1862; m. Mariam Bancroft.
501. Olive Sacket, m. Rowland Buell.
502. John Sacket, b. in year 1781, d. Aug. 6, 1839; m. Rachel Morse.
503. Heman Sacket, b. in year 1784, d. in year 1851; m. Experience Searle.
504. Frances Sacket.
505. Erastus Sacket.
506. Israel Sacket, m. Lucy Doane.
507. Roxana Sacket, m. (2d) Nathan Henry Stiles.
170. Ensign Israel Sacket, 1746-1786, of Westfield, Mass., son of (35) Daniel and Mary Weller Sacket, was married in 1782 to (193) Eunice Sacket, daughter of (42) Eliakim Sacket and his wife Bethesda Fowler. His military service in War of Revolution, as given in volume of Massachusetts State Records, published in 1905 reads as follows:
Sacket, Israel, Westfield, Corporal in Westfield Co. of Minute Men commanded by Lieut. John Shepard, which marched to the Alarm of April 19, 1775, service 1 week, 1 day, reported enlisted into the Army Apr. 28, 1775. Also, Sacket, Israel, Westfield, Sergeant Capt. Warham Parks Co., Col. Timothy Danielson's Regt., muster roll dated Aug., 1775, engaged Apr. 28, 1775, service 3 mos. 10 days, also Company return dated Roxbury (probably Oct. 27, 1775). Also order for bounty coat or its equivalent in money dated camp at Roxbury Dec. 23, 1775. Also Lieut. Col. Nathan Tyler's Regt. list of Officers of a regiment ordered to be detached to serve at Rhode Island until Jan. 1, 1780, agreeable to resolve of June 8, 1778, Commissioned Aug. 4, 1779. Also Lieut. Joshua L. Woodridges Co., Col. Nathan Tyler's Regt., Engaged July 25, 1779, service 5 mos. 6 days at Rhode Island, roll sworn to Newport. Also service Co. and Regt. payable for Dec. 1779, sworn at Newport, allowed 1 mo. 5 days services at Rhode Island, including travel (110 miles) home. [Headstone: Israel Sacket, Eunice Sacket]
508. Cynthia Sacket.
171. Gad Sacket, 1748-___?, of Westfield, Mass., son of (35) Daniel and Mary Weller Sacket, was married in 1773 to Lucy Williams. He enlisted May 4, 1775, in Capt. Warham Parks Co., of Col. Timothy Danielson's Regiment; served as a Corporal in War of Revolution a term of three months and four days. The Mass. State Records show that he was also mustered at a subsequent date.
172. Lieut. Abner Sacket, 1757-___?, of Westfield, Mass., son of (35) Daniel and Mary Weller Sacket, was married in 1771 to Rhoda Kellogg. He was a soldier of the Revolution, and as shown by Massachusetts State Records, enlisted Apr. 28, 1775, in Capt. Warham Parks' Co. of Col. Timothy Danielson's Regt., and is credited with a term of service lasting 3 months and 10 days in said company. He is also credited with responding to the alarm of Apr. 19, 1775, and serving for eight day previous to his enlistment as above stated, in Westfield Company of Minute Men, commanded by Lieut. John Shepard. Mention is also made of his service for an unstated period as First Lieut. of Capt. Daniel Sacket's Company of the 3d Regiment of Hampshire County Militia.
Sacket, b. in year 1772, d. in year 1828; m. Olive Watkins.
515. Clarissa Sacket.
516. Nancy Sacket, b. Sept. 10, 1775, d. Mar. 7, 1796; . Heman Noble.
517. Dolly Sacket.
518. Anna Sacket.
519. Rolin Sacket, b. in year 1878 (sic).
520. Filer Sacket.
521. Edward Sacket, m. Sally Eldridge.
174. Benjamin Sacket, ____-___?, of Sheffield, Mass., Litchfield, Conn., and New Lebanon, N. Y., son of (37) Benjamin and Thank-
ful King Sacket, was married, about 1761, to Miss Deborah Buell, daughter of Ebenezer Buell.
A parchment deed, dated May 30, 1780, conveying 59 acres of land in the town of Goshen, Litchfield County, Conn., was, in 1905, in possession of Mr. Marvin Sackett, of Lebanon, N. Y. The grantor is Ebenezer Buell and the grantee Buell Sacket. The consideration clause reads, "given in consideration of the natural love and affection which I have and do bear unto Buell Sacket, my grandson."
William Buell, colonist, came to America prior to 1639 and settled at Windsor, Conn., where his oldest son, Samuel Buell, was born, Sept. 2, 1641, and was married, Nov. 30, 1662, to Deborah Griswold, daughter of Edward Griswold, Esq., of Killingsworth, Conn. John Buell, a son of said Samuel and his wife Deborah, was born Feb. 17, 1671, and was married, Nov. 20, 1695, to Mary Loomis, and they were the parents of Ebenezer Buell, the father-in-law of (174) Benjamin Sacket.
Children of Benjamin and Deborah Buell Sacket.
540. Deborah Sacket, b in
541. Buell Sacket, b. July 28, 1763, d. Jan 18, 1840; m. 1st, Sally E. Beach.
542. John Sacket, b. Nov. 16, 1764.
543. Benjamin Sacket, b. Jan. 17, 1766.
544. Aaron Sacket, b. Jan. 14, 1767.
545. Elijah Sacket, b. Jan. 31, 1768, d. Apr. 7, 1813; m. Dorothy Hitchcock.
546. Dorothy Sacket, b. July 29, 1770.
547. Thankful Sacket, b. Feb. 18, 1772.
548. Isaac Sacket, b. Oct. 28, 1773.
549. Calvin Sacket, b. Oct 21, 1776.
175. King Sacket, of Westfield, Mass., son of (37) Benjamin and Thankful King Sacket, was married to his cousin, (179) Lydia Sacket, 1736-___?, daughter of (39) Isaac Sacket and his wife Elisabeth Shepard. The following is his official record as soldier of the Revolution:
Sacket, King, Private Capt. John King's Co. Col. Hopkins' (Berkshire Co.) Regt. Entered service July 5, 1776, service 12 days, mileage out and home (190 miles) allowed said Sacket: Company marched by order of Brig. Gen. Fellows. Also Capt. Spoor's Co., Col. Benjamin Simond's (Berkshire
Co.) Regt.; entered service Apr. 26, 1777, discharged May 20, 1777, service 25 days at Saratoga by order of General Gates. Capt. Enoch Noble's Co., entered service Oct. 21, 1777, service 60 days; Enlisted 3 months; company marched to Manchester, Va., thence to Stillwater, by order of Gen. Lincoln. Joined Col. John Ashley's (Berkshire Co.) Regt. and marched to Boltons Kilns and there served until regularly discharged.
180. Ezekiel Sacket, 1738-___?, of Westfield, Mass., son of (39) Isaac and Elisabeth Shepard Sacket, was married in 1767 to Anna Granger.
Sacket, b. about 1770, d. in year 1854; m. Fanny Nimocks.
560. Martha Sacket, b. in year 1776, d. in year 1862.
182. Ensign David Sacket, 1743-1838, of Westfield, Mass., and later of Ohio, son of (39) Isaac and Elisabeth Shepard Sacket, was married to Lucretia Shepard. His record in the War of the Revolution reads:
Sacket, David, Westfield, Ensign Capt. Malcomb Henry's Co., Col. David Brewer's (9th) Regt. Company return dated Oct. 7, 1775. Also recommended in Committee of Safety at Cambridge June 17, 1775, that said officer be commissioned by Congress. Also Ensign Capt. Malcomb Henry's Co., David Brewer's Regt., muster roll dated Aug. 1, 1771 (sic); engaged Aug. 9, 1775; service 2 mos. 3 weeks, 6 days.
563. Betsey Sacket, m. Ebenezer
564. Lucretia Sacket.
565. Lydia Sacket, m. Warren Parke.
566. Polly Sacket, m. _______ Gibb.
567. Mark Sacket.
568. John Sacket.
569. David Sacket, m. Anne Parke.
183. Lieut. Adnah Sackett, 1745-1813, of Westfield, Mass., son of (39) Isaac and Elisabeth Shepard Sacket, was married, Oct. 13, 1767, to Jerusha Pomeroy, 1746-1789, who was the mother of his eight children. On May 4, 1790, he was married to Mercy Bush, who died April 20, 1791, aged 32. His third wife was a Mrs.
Fernard, of Southwick, Mass. He was an active participant in the War of the Revolution, and on Apr. 22, 1776, was commissioned First Lieut. of Capt. Daniel Sackett's Company of the Third Hampshire Co., Mass., Regiment, commanded by Col. John Moseley. A monument erected to his memory is yet standing in the historic but sadly neglected burial ground near Mechanic Street in Westfield, Mass. His wife, Jerusha Pomeroy, was the daughter of Lieut. Daniel Pomeroy and Rachel Mosely, of Northampton, Mass. Lieut. Daniel Pomeroy was slain at the battle of Lake George, Sept. 8, 1755. He was a brother of General Seth Pomeroy, who had an early command in the Patriot army and signalized himself by heroic service at the Battle of Bunker Hill, and on other fields of the Revolution. (See; Irving's Life of Washington.) [Headstone]
Sackett, b. May 27, 1769; m. Abel Avery.
571. John Sackett, b. Jan. 27, 1771, d. Dec. 10, 1851; m. Lucinda Mosely.
572. Charlotte Sackett, b. May 27, 1773; m. _________ Browning.
573. Isaac Sackett, b. in year 1777, d. in year 1797, unmarried. [Headstone]
574. George Sackett.
575. Israel Sackett.
576. Olive Sackett, m. Daniel Ives.
577. Lydia Sacket, m. Walter Bush.
184. Zaven Sacket, 1751-___?, of Westfield, Mass., Chester, Mass., and Meadville, Penn., son of (39) Isaac and Elisabeth Shepard Sacket, was married to Abigail Bills, of Westfield. His record of service in War of Revolution reads:
Sacket, Zaven, Westfield, Private Capt. Warham Parks' Company, Col. Timothy Donulson's(?) Regt. Muster Roll dated Aug. 1, 1775, service 3 mo. 4 days. Also Company return dated Roxbury (probably October, 1775). Also pension bounty coat or its equivalent in money.
577a. Zavin Sacket, b. Aug.
11, 1781, d. Dec. 6, 1857; m. Emily _______.
578. Isaac Sacket, b. Feb. 26, 1783, d. mar. 29, 1863; m. Mercy Mansfield. [on Page 485]
578a. James Sacket, b. in year 1786, d. Jan. 11, 1862.
579. Jabez B. Sacket, b. Dec. 14, 1788, d. Nov. 17, 1870; m. Ann Dewey.
580. Emily Sacket.
581. Ann Sacket.
582. Eliza Sacket, d. Aug. 5, 1850.
583. Rolin Sacket.
584. Joseph Sackett.
584a. Abigail Sackett, m. Charles Collins.
185. Asher Sacket, 1748-1830, of Westfield, Mass., son of (41) Israel Sacket, was married in 1772 to Sarah Kellogg. He served in the War of the Revolution in Capt. Daniel Sacket's Company of Col. John Moseley's Hampshire County Regiment. The official state records show that he enlisted Oct. 21, 1776, and marched with his regiment, under Lieut. Colonel Timothy Robinson, to reinforce the Northern Army. The muster toll, giving date of his enlistment, is dated at Westfield.
585. Lovell Sacket.
586. Peggy Sacket, m. Charles Lee.
587. Shubael Sacket, b. in year 1778, d. in year 1831.
588. Clymena Sacket.
589. Sally Sacket, b. about 1781, d. May 15, 1826; m. Herman [sic] [Heman] Noble.
590. Henry Sacket.
591. Daniel Sacket.
592. Asher Sacket, Jr., b. in 1782.
593. Jerusha Sacket.
189. Justice Sacket, 1745-1778, of Westfield, Mass., son of (42) Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married in 1771 to Naomi Weller.
598. Electa Sacket.
599. Eliakim Sacket, b. May 30, 1775, d. July 13, 1851; m. Ann Edwards.
600. Justice Sacket.
190. Stephen Sacket, 1748-1830, of Westfield, Mass., son of (42) Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married in 1776 to Eunice Ross.
191. Ezra Sacket, 1750-1834, of Westfield, Mass., son of (42) Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married, Feb. 14, 1779, to Lydia Lovering, 1751-731 (sic), of Ipswich. He was a patriot soldier and served three months, from Oct. 20, 1777, under Capt. Daniel Sacket, in Northern Department. [Headstone]
Sacket, b. Dec. 6, 1783; m. Abigail Otis.
604. Lydia Sacket, m. Joel Atwater. [Headstone: Lydia Sackett, Joel Atwater]
605. Charlotte Sacket, m. Horace Nelson. [Headstone: (1) Polley Killam, (2) Charlotte Sackett and Horace Nelson]
606. Electa Sacket, b. Aug. 5, 1788, d. Feb. 1, 1861; m. C. C. Dewey.
607. Clarissa Sacket, b. in 1790, d. in Feb. 19, 1840; m. Timothy Dewey.
608. Julia Sacket, m. Lymon Norton.
609. Olive Sacket, m. Manning Blakeley.
610. Ezra Sacket. b. Feb 22, 1782 Son of Ezra Sackett & Lydia Lovering
Pliney Sacket, 1753-___?, of Westfield and Southwick, Mass., son of
Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married in April, 1780, to
Beulah Sacket, 1714-1769, daughter of (44)
Joseph and Abigail ______ Sacket, was married, Jan. 26, 1733, to Deacon
Joseph Dewey. In the ancient burial ground at Westfield there
was standing, in 1902, a stone bearing this inscription: [Headstone:
Sackett, Joseph Dewey]
Sackett. b. Jan 20,1802
Sarah Sackett b. Jan 16, 1803
Olive Sackett #1375 b. Nov 15, 1805
Laura Sackett b.Aug 15, 1806
Squire Sackett b.Sept 5, 1808
Emeline Sackett b.Dec 19, 1810
Lorenzo Sackett b. Nov 15, 1812
Smith Chapel Sackett b. Mar 4, 1814
Dolly Ann Sackett b. Jan 4, 1816
John Orvilleres Sackett b. Feb 22, 1819 d. May 19, 1833
Caroline Elvria Sackett b. Jun 23, 1820
Corydon Ralph Sackett b. Aug 9, 1824
611. Roland Sacket.
[Headstone: Pliny Sackett, Elizabeth Kellogg]
Pliney Sacket, 1753-___?, of Westfield and Southwick, Mass., son of
Eliakim and Bethesda Fowler Sacket, was married in April, 1780, to
196. Beulah Sacket, 1714-1769, daughter of (44) Joseph and Abigail ______ Sacket, was married, Jan. 26, 1733, to Deacon Joseph Dewey. In the ancient burial ground at Westfield there was standing, in 1902, a stone bearing this inscription: [Headstone: Beulah Sackett, Joseph Dewey]
IN MEMORY OF DEACON JOSEPH
who died 25 Augst. 1799, aged 85 years, also
MRS. BULAH HIS WIFE
died 27 Oct. 1769, aged 55
618. Beulah Dewey, b. Feb.
15, 1739, d. July 18, 1739.
619. Joseph Dewey, b. Mar. 5, 1741, d. Dec. 31, 1815; m. Ruth Phelps.
620. Benjamin Dewey, b. Apr. 5, 1743, d. Oct. 7, 1812; m. Rhoda Loomis.
[Headstone: Benjamin Dewey, Rhoda Loomis] [Their son: Benjamin Dewey]
621. Gad Dewey, b. Jan 14, 1745, d. June 28, 1823; m. Dimodia Wood.
622. Eliab Dewey, b. Nov. 2, 1746, d. May 31, 1820; m. Louiza Day.
623. Beulah Dewey, b. Oct.
12, 1752, d. Jan. 12, 1753.
624. Sarah Dewey, b. Apr. 12, 1750, d. Oct. 30, 1799, unmarried.
625. Mary Dewey, b. Jan. 23, 1753, d. Jan. 2, 1812; m. Noah Loomis.
197. Jesse Sacket, 1716-___?, of Westfield, Mass., son of (44) Joseph and Abigail ______ Sacket, was married, Dec. 22, 1743, to Sarah Dewey, daughter of Jedediah Dewey.
626. Sarah Sacket, b. Nov.
2, 1744, d. Feb. 21, 1746.
627. Rebecca Sacket, b. June 10, 1746; m. M. S. Clarenton.
628. Sarah Sacket, b. Apr. 17, 1750.
198. Erastus Sacket, of Pittsfield, Mass., son of (44) Joseph and Abigail ______ Sacket, was married in May, 1747, to Elisabeth Leonard, 1730-___?, daughter of Abel Leonard and his wife Elisabeth, of Springfield, Mass. His name appears in the list of patriots who, in August, 1776, marched from Pittsfield to Ticonderoga under command of Sergeant Caleb Goodrich, and remained in the field three months and a day. He is also credited with marching from Pittsfield in the latter part of June, 1777, under command of Capt. John Strong, to Fort Ann, and remaining in the field for three weeks and three days.
629. Solomon Sacket, b. Jan.
31, 1752, d. Jan. 3, 1760.
630. Hannah Sacket, b. Dec. 10, 1753, d. Feb. 3, 1754.
631. Ozina Sacket, b. Jan 18, 1759.
632. Penelope Sacket, b. Jan. 17, 1761, d. June 1, 1837; m. Asaph Dewey.
633. Solomon Sacket, b. Aug. 7, 1762.
634. Joseph Sacket, b. Dec. 3, 1764.
635. Zelotes Sacket, b. Feb. 17, 1766, d. July 3, 1769.
199. Hannah Sacket, 1726-1799, daughter of (44) Joseph and Abigail ______ Sacket, was married, May 3, 1750, to Jacob Noble, of Westfield, Mass.
636. Jacob Noble, b. Jan.
29, 1751, d. May 3, 1752.
637. Hannah Noble, b. Nov. 22, 1752; m. Samuel Peets.
638. Elisabeth Noble, b.
Nov. 24, 1754; m. Jacob Loomis.
639. Thankful Noble, b. July 17, 1756.
640. Mercy Noble, b. July 17, 1756.
641. Jacob Noble, b. Nov. 28, 1759; m. Eunice Mosely.
642. Benjamin Noble, b. May 13, 1762; m. Mary Sikes.
643. Phineas Noble, b. Sept. 7, 1767; m. Thomas Root.
Jonathan Sacket, Jr., 1727-1777, of Hebron, Conn., son of (47)
Jonathan and Ann Filer Sacket, was married, Nov. 10, 1748, to Hannah
Phelps, 17__?-1803. In 1749, his father conveyed to him land
in Hebron which became thereafter his permanent place of residence; and
there, according to records of the town officials, were born his twelve
644. Hannah Sacket, b. Sept.
644a. Anna Sacket, b. Oct. 2, 1751.*
645. William Sacket, b. Nov. 16, 1753,. d. in 1842; m. Eunice Bowen.
646. Hulda Sacket, b. in 1755; m. ________ Smith.
647. Aaron Sackett, b. in 1758. [This is believed to be an error]
648. Abigail Sacket, b. in 1758.*
649. Rebecca Sacket, b. Oct. 18, 1760.
650. Chloe Sacket, b. Mar. 15, 1762, d. Dec. 18, 1823; m. David Abel.
651. Phene Sacket, b. in 1764; m. Jonathan Nichols.
652. Filer Sacket, b. Apr. 10, 1766, d. Apr. 8, 1834; m. Deborah Waterman.
653. Jesse Sacket, b. 1769.
654. Almon [Almeron] Sacket, died unmarried. [According to some, this is an error.]
Capt. Justus Sacket, 1730-1815, of Kent (now Warren), Conn., son of
Jonathan and Ann Filer Sacket, was married, in 1757, to Lydia Newcomb,
1738-1808, daughter of Benjamin Newcomb and his wife Hannah
Clark. Capt. Sacket was born in East Greenwich (now Hebron),
Conn., but in 1750 removed to and became a permanent resident of Kent.
He there took an active part in religious, political and military affairs
and gained and held the confidence and respect of his townsmen. His
name appears in the list of founders of the first church established in
Kent, and in 1753 he was appointed by the General Assembly of Connecticut
*Hannah, Anna and Abigail Sacket were married - one to Joseph Thayer, one to a Mr. [Joel] Finney, and one to a Mr. Brush.
collect a tax levied against the property of East Greenwich for support of a minister of the Gospel. He was a Justice of the Peace from 1771 to 1777, and again from 1779 to 1782. In the year last named he represented his town in Connecticut Legislature. In 1765 he was commissioned Captain of the Second Train Band of the town of Kent, and during the War of the Revolution he participated in several short campaigns. [Headstone: Justus Sacket; Lydia Newcomb]
Sacket, b. July 28, 1762, d. July 14, 1844; m. Betsey Eldred.
656. Salmon Sacket, b. May 8, 1764, d. Nov. 24, 1846; m. Matilda A. Curtis.
657. Homer Sacket, b. Aug. 6, 1765, d. May 7, 1853; m. Sarah Carter.
658. Lodema Sacket, b. Jan,. 27, 1767, d. Dec. 5, 1844; m. Augustus Curtis.
659. Lydia Sacket, b. in year 1768, d. in year 1813; m. Benjamin Carter.
660. Betsey Sacket, b. in year 1770, d. Jan. 19, 1821; m. Elisha Swift.
661. Minerva Sacket, b. in year 1772, d. in year 1820; m. Abel Carter.
204. Reuben Sacket, 1732-1803, of Hebron and East Greenwich, in Conn., son of (47) Jonathan and Ann Filer Sacket, was married, Dec. 21, 1752, to Mercy Finney, daughter of John Finney and Ann Toogood, of East Greenwich, Conn.
Sacket, b. Apr. 5, 1754, d. Feb. 13, 1833; m. Sarah Manning.
663. Alexander Sacket, b. Mar. 6, 1758, d. May 7, 1829; m. Patience.
664. Aaron Sacket, b. Dec. 26, 1760.
665. Cyrus Sacket, b. Jan. 5, 1764. [On page 487]
666. Anne Sacket, b. Apr. 10, 1766.
667. Lucinda Sacket, b. Jan 23, 1769.
668. Violet Sacket, b. July 18, 1771.
227. William Sacket, 1730-1802, of Westfield, Mass., son of (57) William and Hannah Bagg Sacket, was married, Jan. 10, 1760, to Lydia Weller, 1739-1828.