From book "Descendants of James Stanclift of Middletown, Connecticut and Allied Families", By Robert C. and Sherry [Smith] Stancliff
Go to: Home Page
AQUILLA WORTH STRADER FAMILY
(260) IDA ADELLA6 STANCLIFF (Chester Haven5, Eldah4, Josiah3, William2, James1)
Daughter of Chester Haven and Sarah Eliza [Gore] Stancliff born Charleston, Lee County, IA April 20, 1852, died Bandon, Coos County, OR Nov. 11, 1903, married Timber Creek Township, Riley County, KS by Moses Spencer Feb. 19, 1873(1) AQUILLA WORTH STRADER(2) son of Abel and Tabitha [Ward] Strader born Spencer, Roan County, WV April 20, 1852, died Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, CA May 17, 1915.
Ida is said to have died from an infection after she pulled one of her own teeth. Aquilla Strader's sister, Zillah, married LeRoy Fitserland Stancliff son of Eben Stancliff and first cousin of Ida Adella Stancliff on the Gore line. Ida's father, Chester Haven Stancliff, was living with them in 1900 in Oregon.
CHILDREN: Aquilla Worth and Ida Adella [Stancliff] Strader
1. JENNIE ELSIE STRADER born Irving, Marshall County, KS Nov. 5, 1873 or 1874
2. ELGIN SUMNER STRADER born Irving, Marshall County, KS Aug. 23, 1875, died Jun. 9, 1945, married May 1905 BERTHA M. or W. ____ born NE 1889. He and his father were listed in the 1900 Census in Bandon Precinct, Coos County, OR as laborers in a saw mill and not enumerated with the rest of the family. In 1910 he was still living Bandon Precinct, Coos County, OR and in 1920 he was in Two Mile Precinct, Coos County, OR, had six children and was a Dairy Farmer.
3. SIMON SYLVESTER STRADER also called Simon A. C. Strader born Irving, Marshall County, KS July 4, 1878, died Jan. 22, 1898.
4. ALFRED ALPHONSO STRADER also found in records as Alford born KS Mar. 29, 1883, died Yucaipa, San Bernadino County, CA Dec. 1978(3), married 1. Bakersfield, CA Jan. 31, 1905 LILLIAN VIRGINIA STANCLIFF daughter of LeRoy Fitserland and Zillah [Strader] Stancliff. They were cousins on both the Stancliff and the Strader lines, married 2. CARRIE EDITH STANCLIFF younger sister of Lillian, married 3. MARY REBECCA SPEARMAN.
5. FRANK ERNEST WILLIAM STRADER born KS Mar. 4, 1885, died Feb. 10, 1908.
6. JESSE GRANT STRADER born OR or CA Feb. 9, 1890, married Pratt, Pratt County, KS Mar. 10, 1910 LYDIA ALICE THOMAS daughter of Alexander and Viola B. [Gilmore] Thomas.
7. RAY DEVOTA STRADER born OR Jan. 10 or 15, 1893, died Nov. 12, 1893.
See Appendix A: STRADER
1. .Early Marriages of Riley County, Kansas 1855 - 1886, Book A, Taken from the Records in the Office of the Probate Judge, compiled by Earl G. Darby, Page 47 states marriage date as Feb. 19, 1873. This date supported by PIONEERS OF THE BLUESTEM PRAIRIE #1030. Family letters present conflicting information, placing the marriage in Irving, Marshall County, KS on Jan. 20, 1872. The Riley County record lists Ida as "Ida Strader or Stancliff" suggesting the possibility of two marriage ceremonies.
2. .Information on this family provided by Elizabeth Jane [Lester] Bailey from the personal records of Mrs. Violet Leota [Lester] Green of Veneta, OR.
3. .Social Security Death Index
Go to: Home Page