From book "Descendants of James Stanclift of Middletown, Connecticut and Allied Families", By Robert C. and Sherry [Smith] Stancliff
Go to: Home Page
(371) DELLCY L.7 STANCLIFFE (Sherman6, George5, George4, James3, William2, James1)
Daughter of Sherman and Dellcy [Earle] Stancliffe born Malone, Franklin County, NY Nov. 2, 1853, died about 1943 aged 90(1), married Jan. 1872 WILLIAM B. EARLE son of William and Orpha [Keeler] Earle born Aug. 3, 1852 South Malone, NY.
They had the three youngest children in their household in 1900(2), Williams father and their married daughter Edith were also present.
CHILDREN: William and Dellcy [Stancliffe] Earle(3)
1. MABEL EARLE born July 7, 1872, died Malone, Franklin County, NY 1939 married GEORGE SELKIRK of Duane born 1856, died 1937, buried Ladd Cemetery, Duane, NY.
2. EDITH EARLE born NY Apr. 2, 1874, died 1943, married 1898 FRED E. CLARK of Tupper Lake, Franklin County, NY born Ellenburg, Clinton County, NY Mar. 4, 1875, died 1951, buried Lakeview Cemetery, Tupper Lake, Franklin County, NY. She was enumerated in the household of her parents in 1900 along with her daughter Dellia M. Clark born Oct. 1899. They lived Tupper Lake, NY.
3. LOVILLA EARLE born Chasm Falls, Franklin County, NY Apr. 1, 1876 or 1877, died Chasm Falls, Franklin County, NY Feb. 11, 1963, buried Chasm Falls Methodist Episcopal Cemetery, married Nov. 14, 1900 HENRY TODD of Chasm Falls, Franklin County, NY, who died 1928.
4. WILLARD W. EARLE born Chasm Falls, Franklin County, NY Aug. 23, 1880, died 1947, married Chasm Falls, Franklin County, NY Nov. 25, 1903 JENNIE L. FORD daughter of John and Rebecca [Cross] Ford born Thoral, Ontario, Canada Nov. 13, 1878, died Cortland, Cortland County, NY Dec. 12, 1963, buried Willow Glen Cemetery, Dryden, Tompkins County, NY. They lived Cortland, NY and raised two of the children of his brother Sherman R. Earle.
5. SHERMAN R. EARLE born Mar. 30, 1884(4), married HARRIET FORD "Hattie" daughter of John and Rebecca [Cross] Ford born Lachute, Quebec, Canada Sept. 16, 1888, died Syracuse, Onondaga County, NY Feb. 12, 1975. Sherman died and his widow remarried Mar. 1, 1922 Leslie I. Smith. Two of the children of Sherman went to live with Sherman's brother, Willard, and Hattie's sister Jennie.
6. FLOYD FORD EARLE born NY Dec. 18, 1887, died Sept. 11, 1974, buried Duane, NY Cemetery, married ESTELLE M. WILSON "Stella" daughter of Howard and Celia or Lucille [____] Wilson born Chasm Falls, Franklin County, NY Aug. 20, 1891, died Malone, NY Oct. 5, 1978, buried Duane, Franklin County, NY
See Appendix A: EARLE
1. .Records of Della [Stancliffe] Berry
2. .NY 1900 CENSUS, Franklin County, Town of Malone, E.D. 80, Sheet 2
3. .Children listed in the Anson Titus Genealogy. Records from research of Chris Bashaw of Chasm Falls and Schenectedy, NY.
4. .The 1900 census gives his age as 15 born March 1884.
Go to: Home Page
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids