From book "Descendants of James Stanclift of Middletown, Connecticut and Allied Families", By Robert C. and Sherry [Smith] Stancliff
Go to: Home Page
(367) MARY E.7 STANCLIFFE (Sherman6, George5, George4, James3, William2, James1)
Daughter of Sherman and Dellcy [Earle] Stancliffe born Malone, Franklin County, NY Aug. 17, 1845, married Jan. 1, 1868 CALEB HENRY CHILDS son of Socrates and Fanny Childs of Bangor, Franklin County, NY. Caleb Childs served during the Civil War in the 106 NY Regiment.
Henry was a Justice of the Peace in Ringville or Owls Head, Franklin County, NY for several years and then moved to Bangor, Franklin County, NY.
CHILDREN: Caleb H. and Mary E.[Stancliffe] Childs(1)
1. R. HENRY CHILDS born Oct. 1868(2), died 1930, married 1912 his cousin, DELLCIE EDDY, daughter of James and Olive [Stancliffe] Eddy. In 1900 he lived on a farm in Bellmont, NY and his brother was with him and termed a partner.
2. ALMANZO CHILDS born Sept. 1870 or in 1876, died Jan. 30, 1917, married after 1900 MINNIE KELLY daughter of Joseph and Mary [Delosh] Kelly born South Bombay, Franklin County, NY Oct. 8, 1875, died Malone, Franklin County, NY Jul. 12, 1965, buried Methodist Episcopal Cemetery, Chasm Falls, NY.
3. WALTER CHILDS born Owls Head, Franklin County, NY Sept. 21, 1877, died North Bangor, Franklin County, NY Feb. 26, 1963, buried North Bangor Cemetery, married Burke, Franklin County, NY Feb. 7, 1906 METTA GRACE TUCKER "Minnie" daughter of Amos and Maria [Parnapy] Tucker born Burke, Franklin County, NY Nov. 22, 1878, died Ogdensburg, St. Lawrence County, NY Apr. 14, 1964, buried North Bangor Cemetery.
4. ROY E. CHILDS born Owls Head, Franklin County, NY Nov. 4, 1882, died North Bangor, Franklin County, NY Sept. 9, 1961, married North Bangor, NY Apr. 27, 1904 RUBY DELONG daughter of Edwin and Ida [Kempton] DeLong born North Bangor, Franklin County, NY Apr. 25, 1885, died there Apr. 19, 1962, buried North Bangor Cemetery.
5. ALAN S. CHILDS born Bangor, Franklin County, NY Jan. 1, 1893, died Burlington, Chittenden County, VT married Malone, Franklin County, NY Jan. 22, 1914 LILA PETERS daughter of Charles C. and Prudence [Nelson] Peters of Bellmont. She was born Sept. 1890 and was living with her parents in 1900 not far from the Childs and the Eddy farms.
1. .Children listed in the Anson Titus Genealogy. The records of these children were contained in the research of Chris Bashaw.
2. .NY 1900 CENSUS, Franklin County, Bellmont, E.D. 61, Sheet 9, 160/161, Henry and Almanzo were farming.
Go to: Home Page
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids