Thomas OAKLAND* [Thomas AUCKLAND*]
Thomas OAKLAND and Elizabeth are our direct ancestors.
If you are related to them - please contact me ~
'cos I'm stuck!
Questions, comments, further information - please send me an email
- Occupation: Lace maker
- Died: ?1855 of York Street
- Buried: St. Mary Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Notes: I can find only one marriage of Thomas OAKLAND/AUCKLAND to Elizabeth in Nottinghamshire: Thomas OAKLAND and Elizabeth BETTISON at St. Mary, Nottingham, but it's in 1784 and their daughter, Caroline, was baptised in 1808 (also at St. Mary): quite a few years between these dates and I can't find any other children for them. Possible, but I'm not convinced.
- Baptised: 1808 St. Mary's Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Married 1: 1836 Sneinton, Nottinghamshire
- Spouse 1: Felix James WHITE* c1810-1842
- Married 2: 1857 Radford, Nottinghamshire
- Spouse 2: Joseph BOSTOCK*
- Witnesses 2: Thomas HOLLAND & Mary BELSHAW
- Occupation: lace mender
- Died: 1877
- Buried: Radford, Nottinghamshire
- Notes: When she married her second husband, Joseph BOSTOCK in 1857, her father was named as Thomas OAKLAND, a lace maker
Thomas OAKLAND* = Elizabeth* | | | Caroline AUCKLAND* m1. Felix James WHITE* m2. Joseph BOSTOCK* m1. Ellen ABEL* 1808-1877 1836 c1810-1842 1857 1795-1864 1823 c1807-1856 | | | | Isabella Goodman WHITE* m. William Henry BOSTOCK* 1837-?1914 1858 1828-1907 | _______________________________________|_____________ | | 9 children . . . . including . . . . Annie Caroline BOSTOCK*