Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Tirkelly,Drumballyroney
Ros Davies'
Co. Down, Northern Ireland Family History Research Site

© Rosalind Davies 2001
Permission granted to reprint research for non-profit use only
Tullybrannigan graveyard

Place Names of Co. Down : T.....

Ta.......Te.......Th.......Ti.......To.......Tr.......Tu.......Tw.......Ty.......

Place Names Parish Information Reference
Tabermoney Down
.
see Tobermoney .
Tachnabrick Taghnabrick Blaris 20:20/28 3km S of Lisburn; a mill here in 1836 V12 p 36 OSM
Taconet Kilmore . see under Teconnaught .
Taggart Isle Killyleagh  . 76 acres in Strangford Lough; 23 inhabitants in 1821 V17 p 121 OSM
Taghnabrick Blaris . a townland of 352 acres; 3km S of Lisburn; click here to see its location on a townland map .
Taghnaghmore Magherally . alternate spelling for Tonaghmore townland in 1663
PNNI V6 p 266
Taghnevan Shankill a townland of 276 acres: in Co Armagh in 1999  .
Taghran Magheralin . alternate spelling for Taughrane townland on Subsidy Roll of 1663 PNNI V6 p 249
Talbotstown Ballyhalbert . named after the Talbot family who occupied land here c. 1300; corrupted into Bally Thalbot then Ballyhalbert c. 1623 O'L V1 p 412, 427; PNNI V2 p 103
Talleylin Saul residence of Edward Doran in 1794 MID p 151
Tally-ho Tullylish . in Drummiller townland; now in ruins; residence of Johnston family in 1770
PNNI V6 p 36, 328, 346; IIW # 34210
Tallytramin Castleboy . part of the Manor of Cloghy in King Charles 1st's reign; see Tullytramon
V7 p 18 OSM
Tamary Clonduff 29: 18/30 a townland 3km NW of Hilltown; 645 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means' elevated place'; originally divided into mor/big & beag/little until 19th century; held by Sir Arthur Magennis of Rathfriland in 1609 then by Henry Smith of Co. Armagh by 1632 then in 1636 by James Louth of Newry for 31 years; owned by Earl Annesley in 1863
TC p32; PNNI V3 p 72 , 95; GV
Tamlaght Kilkeel in Lisnacree townland; means ' burial ground'; site of ancient Catholic church in ruins by 1622, graveyard still preserved; possibly a plague graveyard in ancient times; Presbyterian church here UHF V 10; O'L V1 p 9 & B p 323; PNNI V3 p 64; KPCB p20, 23
Tamna Cottage Blaris . residence of Miss Anna Maria Higginson in 1855 IIW #31625
Tamaharry
Tamnaharry
Clonallan 29: 14/24 a townland on the slopes of The Mournes, 7km SE of Newry; 154 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'grassy upland of the memorial stone';owned by Edward Trevor & Hugh Magennis & leased to Dudley Garvey in 1618 V3 p1, 2 OSM; PNNI V1 p 80
Tamnaharry House Clonallan 29: 13/23 house & farm of 37 acres , 5km N of Warrenpoint on Mayobridge road; ancient Mass station in the grounds; built by architect Thomas Duff for William E. Reilly Esq. in 1830s; leased by Harriet Hamilton in 1863 from Walter Sweetman
DDPP p97,98; Perspective p7; GV
Tamnaharry Park Clonallan . in 1927 became a convent for Dominican Sisters of Sth Africa
DDPP p98
Tamnyvane Co Antrim 20: 11/63 just on the border with Moira parish
Tamnyveagh Kilbroney a townland of 154 acres; on the shores of Mill Bay N; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' clearing of the birch';originally owned by Magennis clan then Donald & James McYawne then Nicholas Bagenal in 1568 then Capt. Trevor Loyd then Mr. Price & owned by Lord Nicholas Bagenal in 1690s
CM; PNNI V1 p 155, 131; MO 5/8/ 2009 p6
Tannabrick Blaris . see under Taghnaghbrick .
Tannaghmore Loughinisland a townland of 282 acres: Seaforde area: click here to see its location on a map; site of ancient Catholic chapel: means ‘big clearing’;the population in 1841 was 153 & in 1851 139 & in 1861 105 people; poem about Tannaghmore 23 Sep 1876 TCC p 33; LCB p 17,81;; HCDTD p40; DR
Tanaghmore Magherally alternate spelling for Tonaghmore townland in 1836 .
Tannaghmore North Shankill a townland of 230 acres: in Co Armagh in 1999
Tannaghmore South Shankill a townland of 205 acres: in Co Armagh in 1999
Tannaghnive Saintfield . original name of Saintfield Presbyterian Church HCPCIp227
Tannyballydonnell Blaris in 1836, Thomas B. Reford & John Turtle were to repair and widen Magee-Town Lane in Tannyballydonnell: parish works program here in1836 V12 p 41 OSM
Tanvally Annaclone alternate name for Tullintanvally townland V12 p 16 OSM
Tanyvea
Taniveagh
Kilbroney . alternate spelling for Tamnyveagh townland in 1659 census & 1688 Rent Roll PNNI V1 p 155
Tapelson Ballyhalbert . spelling for Talbotstown or BallyThalbot in 1622 O'L V1 p 427

Tara / Tarah
Tarra
Tarrah
Taragh

Ballyphilip & Witter 21: 63/49 a townland near Millin Bay, on the Irish Sea ;4km SE of Portaferry; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' high hill';ancient ring fort here; in 1659 there were 6 English/Scots & 3 Catholic families here;lowest rent in 1836 was 30 shillings & highest 35 shillings; Tara Bay lies on the south side of Black Nib headland; death of Edward Murphy, solicitor, Portaferry 16 Sep 1854 V17 p 125 & V7 p 125 ,126 OSM; SP; DR; PNNI V2 p 131
Tara Cottage Magheradrool . in Ballynahinch; residence of Miss Kerr in 1910
POD
Tara Fort Witter 21: 62/48 4km SE of Portaferry ;highest point in the parish of Witter with an ancient fort on top; 183 feet above sea level;
V7 p 125, 126 OSM  
Tarbot Villa Holywood . in Victoria Rd, Sydenham ; 2 residences in 1902 POD
Tareesh Loughinisland means ‘Home of the Kings’; in Broclough townland LCB p 72
Tarmore Newry . alternate spelling for Turmore townland in 1765
IIW V4 p 172
Tates Cross Roads Dromara 20: 30/53 on the Hillsborough road, 9km W of Ballynahinch  .
Tattinacre Ballyphilip . proprietor in 1836 was Mr. William MacNamee; V7 p 8 OSM
Taughblane Hillsborough   see under Toughblane .
Taughlie Inch residence of the Crickard family in 1750 & Duffey family in 1751 & Hutton family in 1760 & c. 1920 ; b/w photo of ruins available MID p 86; LR 2013 p44; MID p 151; LR 2013 p44
Taughlumny Magheralin 20: 15/57 a townland 3km SE of Magheralin; 274 acres ; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'Lomn's house';
PNNI V6 p 247
Taughrane Magheralin  . a townland 1km E of Lurgan; 196 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' casueway of bracken';
PNNI V6 p 248
Taveneveagh Kilbroney . alternate spelling for Tamnyveagh townland PNNI V1 p 155
Tavnahenry
Tawnahenry
Clonallan . alternate spellings for Tamnaharry townland PNNI V1 p 80
Tawnaghman Grey Abbey  . land & tithes granted to Hugh Montgomerie in 1626 V17 p 133 OSM
Tawnaghmore
Tawnaghnym
Saintfield . ancient names for Tonaghmore townland & Saintfield parish; lots of tress here in 1630 SP; SHM '94 p55; O'L v1 p 374
Tawrill Clonduff . alternate name for Tamary townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663 PNNI V3 p 95
Taylor's Fort Magheradrool . in Magheratimpany townland 1830s map
Teconnaught
Taconet
Teaghconnatt
Loughinisland & Kilmore 21: 43/49 8km SE of Ballynahinch on Downpatrick road; click here to see its location on a map; 745 acres; means “ home of a Connaught settler”; these lands were owned by the McCartens until 1637 when bought by Matthew Forde of Dublin; in 1659 there were 2 English /Scots & 15 Catholic families here; transferred from Loughinisland parish to Kilmore parish in 1718 & 1897; local Ribbonmen marched to Crossgar on St. Patrick's Day 1849 & rioted 10/3/28R*; owned by William B. Forde in 1863; Holy Family Catholic Church here; Catholic Parochial House here; school here TCC p 33; DR* 9 /10/1970;HCDTD p38; LCB p 19, 32; GV; BH
Teeregory
Teergorrie
Drumballyroney  . alternate spellings for Tirygory townland V3 p 14 OSM
Teerfergus Drumballyroney see Tirfergus .
Teerkelly Drumballyroney see Tierkelly .
Tee Row Saintfield . near the Fair Green in town; cattle penned here
SHM '86 p 17
Teershilly Witter . see Tieveshilly
.
Temperence Hotel Kilkeel . in Annalong; ran by Mrs Connor in 1910
POD
Temperance Hotel Newry . on Sugar Island, Newry ; the proprietor in 1910 was Miss Perry
POD
Temple (The) Killaney 20:36/31 farm at the crossroads of the Carryduff to Ballynahinch road N-S & Saintfield to Lisburn road E-W; click here to see its location on a map; named humorously after a house built by Solomon Edgar i.e. Solomon's Temple
SHM '98 p 78
Templebrook (Valley) Tullynakill . farm; just N of Killinchy; residence of Miss A. Watson in 1886 & Misses Watson in 1910 old b/w map S10; POD
Templecormack Blaris in 1836, Henry Peel & George Higginson were to repair part of the Old Templecormack Road parish works program V12 p 41 OSM
Templecormick Ballyculter 21: 56/50 ruined early stone built church 28' x 16 ' with graveyard, near Audleystown, 3km WNW of Strangford town in Toberdoney townland
Inv 2011 p25; BB p 4 
Temple Cottage Magherahamlet . 3km S of Spa
old b/w L10
Temple Cowey
Temple Cooey
Witter . in Tullycarnan townland; name of a monastery founded in 7th century by St. Cooey which was attacked by Vikings then rebuilt in 12th century & the ancient parish church in Upper Grange near Tara Bay/ Witter parish ; foundations only remain & old wells for washing, eyes & drinking
O'L V1 p 390; Inv 2002 p 30; PNNI V2 p 139; LR 2005 p19
Templecowey Point Ballytrustan 21: 63/48 on the Irish Sea coast ; 4km SE of Portaferry  .
Templecraney Ardquin/ Ballyphilip 21: 59/51 just barely W of Portaferry; site of an old church & graveyard which was anciently Catholic then the parish church for 2 centuries
MIs; O'L V1 p 398; PNNI V2 p 39
Temple Crone Greyabbey . an ancient church called Korcany here c. 1300 , alternate name for Mount Stewart in 1636
O'L V1 p 440, 441; PNNI V2 p 208
Templefin Ballywalter . alternate name for Whitechurch in 1442 & 1615 7 1645
O'L V1 p 430; PNNI V2 p 72; SBTS p2
Templeford Dromara 20: 36/48 farm; near Edenadarriff townland  .
Templegowran Templeigerin Newry 2km E of Newry, in Derryleckagh townland; a rural chapel present here at the time of the Reformation ;Templegowran House & very old graveyard; residence of Mrs Gorden in 1836 & Mr. Samuel Cooper in 1881 V3 p 108 OSM; OFN; old b/w map C10; POD
Temple Hill Grey Abbey 21: 56/70 hill in Mount Stewart Estate, 3km NW of Grey Abbey  .
Temple Hill House Newry . 1km E of Newry; residence of Dr. Patrick Joseph Byrne in 1893 old b/w map B10; Canada immigration papers
Temple Mount Ballyculter . small temple on the Castleward Estate V17 p 26 OSM
Templemoyle Dromara 20: 36/47 7km E of Dromara; a Chapel of Ease here V12 p 63 OSM
Templenageerah Bright . means ' temple of the sheep'; ancient chapel as part of the Abbey of Carrick c. 1127; attached to Castlescreen
O'L V1 p 140
Temple of the Winds Grey Abbey 21: 55/69 an octagonal Grecian Temple in Mount Stewart estate
MOA p29 
Templepark Donaghcloney . farm; 5km SE of Waringstown;home of Maurice Johnston in 1840
old b/w map H5;IIW V4 p68
Templepatrick Donaghadee 15:59/78  a small townland 2km S of Donaghadee town; 32 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means' Patrick's church', site of St Patrick's Well & old graveyard; ownws by Daniel Delacherois in 1863 & leased by Hugh McKee
PNNI V2 p 195 ; GV
Templepatrick Moira . residence of Henry Langford Burleigh 1790
WMO
Temple View Kilcoo . residence of Waitman Hillyard, excise officer in 1846
POD
Temple Water Ballyculter 1: 57/50 small lake with temple; just N of Castleward Estate  .
Ten Towns Newtownards some of the ten towns were Killenaterny, Ballywry, Ballyblack, Mountstewart, Ballycastle Upper & Lower V17 p 123 OSM
Terrace (The) Down . in Church St, Downpatrick; residence of Dr. J.M. Heron J.P. in 1901
POD
Terrace (The) Killinchy . in Ballymacreely townland; residence of Dr. Robert L.Hay in 1879
MIs
Teraghafeevav Blaris a townland; also called Lissue; in the Co Antrim part of the townland; west of Lisburn; click here to see its location on a townland map  .
Terekelly Drumballyroney . spelling for Tirkelly townland in 1659 census PNNI V6 p 177
Terenichol Ballyculter . a house in the Castleward grounds used as a manse for Church of Ireland minister in 1773 LM 1984 P6

Terminane
Terminin

Inch see under Turmennan .
Terrace (The)
Killinchy
.
a farm in Ballymacreely ; residence of John M. Frew in 1910
POD
Terryhoogan House Aghaderg . farm near Scarva; residence of Thomas Anderson in 1910; Terryhoogan townland is in Ballymore parish in Co. Armagh
POD
Terryhoogan Locks Aghaderg the 13th lock on The Newry Canal which began construction in 1730 BIH p J
Terrys Row Tulylish a row of houses in Scarva St, Gilford ;photo available OGSLL p13
Thalassa Bangor . entrance off corner Maxwell & Princetown Rds, house & garden ; residence of J.V. Eves OS 1902 map 2.05
Thelma Bangor . off Brompton Rd, Bangor near Smelt Mill Bay; a large house & garden ; built in 1895; residence of Arthur T. Herdman in 1901 OS 1902 map 2.05; POD
Thierafurth Kilcoo . on the Kilcoo -Castlewellan Road near Lough Island Reavey; there's an old pub here; owned by Fitzpatrick family c. 1914-1970
old b/w H12; Sheila Dadson
Tholsel Hillsborough . politcal meeting held here 26 Jan 1793
NS
Thomas's Mountain Kilcoo 29: 36/29 part of Mourne Mountains ; 1km SSW of Newcastle; site of a quarry in 1910; photo available
NWAG p 40 ; PNNI V3 p 172
Thomastown Ardquin 21: 58/54 a townland 3km NNW of Portaferry;340 acres;on the shore of Lough Cowey; has a large tree with a circumference of 7 metres; click here to see its location on a townland map; in 1659 there were 5 English/Scots & 2 Catholic families here; proprietor Mr Echlin of 'Thomastown House' in 1836; school built in 1833; Mr. Donning owner of Thomastown House in 1875 V17 p 125, 126 & V7 p 4 OSM; SP; PNNI V2 p 36
Thompsons Hill Saintfield 21: 40/58
hill ; 2km S of Saintfield  a fine stand of trees here
SHM '86 p 68
Thompson’s Island Kilkeel 29: 25/13 1 acre; in Mill Bay, part of Carlingford Lough; leased by Stephen Thompson in 1863 from Earl of Kilmorey
PNNI V3 p 65; GV
Thora's Fort Bangor . an ancient ring fort in Lisbane townland
PNNI V2 p 165
Thorn (The) Knockbreda 15:40/71 farm; 2km E of Castlereagh .
Thornbank Manse Holywood . house & yard in Ballykeel townland; leased by Rev. Henry Henderson in 1863 from Presbyterian church
GV
Thornberry House Blaris 20: 29/61 farm ;3km SE of Lisburn  .
Thornbrook Bangor . villas in Princetown Rd, Bangor; a villa & garden ; residence of Mrs Nesbitt & Mrs Jenkins & Thomas Gilligan in 1901 OS 1902 map 2.05; POD
Thornbrook Moira . a farm & inn; residence of Edward Bell in 1910 POD
Thorn Castle Tullynakill . Anglisation of Ballydrain townland which means ' town of the black thorn'
O'L V1 p 366
Thorndale Castleboy . in Cloughey; residence of John Finnegan, a farmer in 1880
JUAHS p4
Thorndale Drumbo 20: 34/61 farm; in Ballycarngannon townland  .
Thorndale Knockbreda 15:40/70 farm; 2km SE of Castlereagh .
Thorney Glen Killinchy 21: 47/58 farm, 4km SW of Killinchy
Thorn Hill Knockbreda . farm; off Upper Newtownards Rd Knock; 2km W of Dundonald village; a large house; to be let 18 Jun 1795; residence of James Joyce Esq. 15 Mar 1834; residence of Elizabeth Joyce in 1834 & John Joyce in 1852
old b/w map R6; TMUOP p111; NS; NH; POD ;OS map 1902 5.09
Thornhill Donaghcloney . farm; in Knock; 2km S of Waringstown
old b/w map H3
Thorn Hill Garvaghy . farm of 25 acres; 6km SE of Dromore town; residence of Samuel MacEwen in 1860
old b/w map I 7;MIs
Thorn Hill Holywood . house & farm of 31 acres in Ballycloghan townland ; residence of James Joyce in 1834 & leased by John Joyce in 1863 from Viscount Bangor
MIs; GV
Thorn Hill Seapatrick . residence of George Mullin, flour miller in 1846
POD
Thorn Island Donagahdee 15:55/77 farm near stream; 4km SW of Donaghadee town .
Thornmount Kilkeel . farm; 1km W of Kilkeel ; residence of Francis Moore in 1842
old b/w map D16; PR
Thornyford Bridge Dromore 20: 16/54 over river Lagan; 4km W of Dromore in Coolsallagh townland
PNNI V6 p 149
Thorny Hill Inch 21: 46/48 hill on Annacloy road ; in Dunnanelly townland  
Three Loan-ends Kilclief . near Downpatrick Road; in Ballywooden townland; site of an ancient chapel
O'L V1 p 203
Three Sisters Aghaderg 20: 10/41 ancient standing stone; 2km S of Loughbrickland town in Greenan
PNNI V6 p 38 
Threetown Bridge Comber 21: 40/68 over Gransha river; 5km W of Comber  
Threetown Rock Killinchy . farm; 3km WSW of Killinchy
old b/w map R10
Three Ways Hillsborough 20: 22/58 farm;2km SW of Hillsborough on the Dromore road  
Thunder's Hill Kilbroney 29: 17/20 2km N of Rostrevor ;on the slopes of the Mournes in Levallyclanone townland ; a cairn there was held in veneration by the locals; named after Mrs Thunder
V3 p 29 OSM ; PNNI V1 p 159  & V3 p 172
Thurstaynistione
Thurstanton
Thursantown
Ballytrustan . ancient name for Ballytrustan in 1306-1622 ; name of an ancient church which belonged to St. John of Jersulam & Hospitallers; land around held by Matilda, Countess of Ulster in 1397 O'L v1 p 395; PNNI V2 p 55; LM 1994 p58
Tiavanadaragh Loughinisland . alternate spelling for Tievenadarraggh townland DDW p 14
Tierfergus Drumballyroney . alternate spelling for Tirfergus townland in 1833 PNNI V6 p 176
Tierkelly Drumballyroney   see Tirkelly .
Tierny Fort Aghaderg 29: 10/37 ancient rath ;near Lisnatierney townland
PNNI V6 p 48,58
Tierny House Dromore . farm; 4km S of Loughbrickland
old b/w map D7
Tieve Dockaragh Clonduff 29: 22/23 mountain in The Mournes, 5km NNE of Rostrevor;1557 feet above sea level; means ' diffilcut slope'
V3 p 5 OSM ; PNNI V3 p 172
Tievedoo Kilkeel 29: 27/19 an old townland now absorbed into Ballyrogan & Ballymageogh; to the N of Mourne Wood; 5km NW of Kilkeel; means ' black slope'
PNNI V3 p 172 
Tieveduffe Kilkeel . ancient name for Glenloughan townland; also spelt Tinduffe SP

Tievenadariff Tievenadarragh

Loughinisland a townland of 1269 acres; the village of Loughinisland is in this townland ; click here to see its location on a map; means “Hillside of the oak’:or “ hillside of the bulls”;the population in 1841 was 582 & in 1851 494 & in 1861 453 people; Catholic chapel& school; 5 bogs; 1 smithy; general graveyard on this island; I have indexed the full information from the Griffiths Valuations of 1863 into the Surnames Index for dwellings #1- 12 V17 p 97 OSM: LCB p 81: BH; GIC ; TCC p 33; HCDTD p40; GV
Tievenadarragh Wood Loughinisland 21: 40/47 1km NW of Loughinisland village
Tieveshilly Witter
a townland 4km SE of Portaferry, on the coast; 289 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillside of the willowy area'; remains of old Temple Cowey monastery here; in 1659 there were 7 English/Scots & 5 Catholic families here; lowest rent in 1836 was 30 shillings & highest 35 shillings;
V7 p 7 OSM; SP; PNNI V2 p 133
Tieveshilly Hill Witter 21: 61/48 hill, 3km SE of Portaferry; old mill here
old b/w map R16 
Tillysburn Holywood   in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; railway station here in 1902 POD
Timnavagh Kilbroney   proprietor Lord Kilmorey in 1836 V3 p 32 OSM
Timpany House Magheradrool . in Magheratimpany townland; built in 1780 by Capt. James Robb near the site of the ancient castle of the McCartens
DR* 9/10/1970
Tinduffe Kilkeel . ancient name for Glenloughan townland;also spelt Tieveduffe
SP
Tinker Hill Newry 29: 8/30 in Lisduff townland, 4km N of Newry town
Tinnenefegn     or Ballytullycoper; Ancient townland in 17th century in East Down V17 p 123 OSM
Tintagh Knockbreda . in Gilnahirk Rd, Knock; residence of A.R. Baker in 1902 POD
Tipperary Woods Kilcoo 29: 36/31 1km W of Newcastle  
Tirfergus Drumballyroney 29: 21/35 a townland 2km NE of Rathfriland; 267 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' Fergus' land'; owned by Sir Art Magennis in 1609; Covenanting Presbyterian meetings held here c. 1770; proprietor General Meade in 1836; largest farm then was 16 acres; rents were from 10-13 shillings an acre old leases & new leases 21 shillings;
ASWT p6; V3 p 18 OSM ; PNNI V6 p 176
Tirkelly Drumballyroney 29; 21/36 a townland 3km NE of Rathfriland on Ballyroney road; 548 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' Ceallach's land'; ancient Mass Rock here; Magennis land in 1692; has a spring;the proprietor was General Meade in 1836; the largest farm then was 19 acres; old leases were 10-13 shillings an acre & new leases 21 shillings; click here for a photo
V3 p12, 14, 18 OSM; DDPP p133; PNNI V6 p 177
Tiroun Kilcoo . a house in Newcastle ; residence of J.H. Goldfish in 1910
POD

Tirgory
Titgorry
Tirygory

Drumballyroney a townland 2km S of Ballyroney village; 479 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' O'Gorty's land'; owned by O'Roney clan; lake & bog here ; corn & flax mill on river Bann in 1836; canoe found in bog; shocking murders by a lunatic (James Heslip) 16 Jul 1887* V3 p 10, 12, 14, 16 OSM; NC; PNNI V6 p 178
Tirsogue Shankill 20: 9/57 2km SE of Lurgan; 74 acres: in Co Armagh in 1999
Toad Island Dromore . in Lisnaward townland; contains an ancient crannoge PNNI V6 p 136
Tobar Mhuire Kilmore  . on the SW outskirts of Crossgar; formerly called Crossgar House ; click here for a photo and more information .

Tobbercorran

Tobercorran
Tobbercrone
Tobercormaune
Toobercornanne

Down 21: 44/40 a townland 3km E of Clough; 381 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; site of an ancient stone circle which was used to build Ballykinler Catholic church; ;at a trial in Downpatrick in 1625, Robert Swoords was seized in fee of Tobbercorran and 5 other townlands;owned by Marquis of Downshire in 1836; there were 37 houses; 28 families employed in agriculture & 4 in trade; 105 males & 105 females; 5 manufacturers; 5 servants; stone circle; 38 families in 1831, 28 employed in agriculture, 4 in trade, 5 servants; V17 p 53, 56, 57, 60 OSM; O'L B1 p 137; LM 1999 p91; LM 2000 p88

Tobbermoney

Tobermoney

Down 21: 51/43 a townland 3km SE of Downpatrick;231 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; owned by Earl of Ardglass in 1669 & leased to James Hamilton Esq; income from this townland in 1836 was given to Widows' Fund; owned by heirs of Lord De Clifford in 1836; there were 12 houses; 8 families employed in agriculture & 3 in trade; 45 males & 50 females; 1 manufacturer & 5 servants; new rail line from bridge 26 Nov 1859; b/w photo of local clachan (house cluster) available LM 1985 p52; V17 p48, 53, 56 OSM; DR; O'L B p 140; LM 1995 p17
Tobermoney House Down . residence of William Martin in 1910
POD
Tober Bank Kilkeel . farm; 4km NW of Kilkeel ;in the foothills CM
Toberdoney Ballyculter . a house cluster in Audleystown townland ; just N of Castleward House
PE; old b/w map R 14
Toberhewny Shankill a townland of 205 acres:in Co Armagh in 1999  .
Tobernecreevy Ballyphilip . alternate spelling for Tullynacrew townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V2 p 51
Tober Ronan Magheralin . in Ballymaginn townland near Moira Rd; site of an early church
DDPP p183
Todds Grove Blaris 20: 27/62 farm; in Taghnabrick townland
Todd's hill Saintfield . part of Saintfield town on the western side
SHM '94 p61 & '86 p19
Todd's Grove Blaris . farm; 3km S of Lisburn
old b/w map N6
Toddstown Drumballyroney . 5km S Loughbrickland; possibly named after Rev. Todd
old b/w map E8
Toddstown House Killaney 20; 37/60 farm ; 4km NW of Saintfield on the Lisburn road; named for John Todd's holding in 1663 in Carricknaveagh townland ; residence of Andrew Todd in 1748 & Richard Walker Esq. in 1806 & lived in by Prentice family in 1900; click here for a murder story
Shirley Walker; Registry of Deeds, Dublin; SHM '98 p80 & '94 p40; TCRH
Tofeny Kilcoo . ancient name for Fofanny townland WDG p64

Toghlee or Toughlee

Inch see above under Taughlea .
Toghlinnyn Magheralin . alternate spelling for Taughlumny townland on Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V6 p 247
Tollebeerd Ballyphilip . alternate spelling for Tullyboard townland in 1659 Census
PNNI V2 p 50
Tolleherim Donaghcloney . spelling for Tullyherron townland in 1659 census
PNNI V6 p 97
Tollelistes Tullylish . alternate name for Tullylish in 1659 census
PNNI V6 p 329
Tolle McAnratty Dromore . spelling for Tullymacararth townland in 1659 Census
PNNI V6 p 144
Tollemor Donaghmore . alternate spelling for Tullymore townland in 1659 census
PNNI V1 p 108
Tollensue Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Tullynasoo townland in 1659 census
PNNI V3 p 115
Tollevastikinagh Saintfield . alternate name for Tullyvesitconnaught/ Tullywest in 1659 census
SP; SHM '94 p55
Tolleorie Garvaghy . spelling for Tullyorior townland in 1659 Census
PNNI V6 p 206
Tollihymon Saul . an ancient area in Portloughan townland
LM 2000 p89
Tollitraman Castleboy . alternate spelling for Tullytramon townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V2 p 81
Tollumgrange Lower Dunsford a townland of 173 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; owned by Earl of Ardglass in 1669 & leased by Henry Maxwell; held by Walter Barnwood in 1380; site of an ancient Catholic chapel
LM 1985 p53; O'L V1 p 177, 181 & B p 322; V 17 p 72 OSM
Tollumgrange Upper Dunsford a townland of 163 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; owned by Earl of Ardglass in 1669 & leased by Henry Maxwell; held by Walter Barnwood in 1380
LM 1985 p53O'L V1 p 177, 181
Tollyamcor Magheralin . alternate spelling for Tullyanaghan townland in 1659 census PNNI V6 p 250
Tollybranegan Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Tullybranigan townland in 1659 census PNNI V3 p 114

Tollychin

Killyleagh alternate spelling for Tullykin townland .
Tollycore Killinchy see Tullycore .
Tollenemary Donaghmore . alternate spelling for Tullymurry townland in 1659 census PNNI v1 p 108
Tollymanows Killyleagh see Tullymacknows .
Tollymore Donaghmore see Tullymore .
Tollymore
Tullymore
Kilcoo   townland of 1128 acres ;3km W of Newcastle; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' large hill'; held by Brian Magennis in 1611 then Edward Trevor of Rosstrevor & William Smith of Ballymaginaghy in 1620; then held by William Gibbons of Ballykiner in 1632 & James Hawkins in 1682; passed from Bernard Magennis to James Hamilton then by marriage to Earl Roden in 1752; site of 1798 rebellion; new scutching mill, houses for scutchers being built 9 Jul 1864 O'L V1 p 63; V 3 p 43 OSM; WDG p71; DR; NWAG p 8,22 ; PNNI V3 p 99, 114 ; MO 11/04; HCDTD p141
Tollymore Park & House Kilcoo 29:33/32. demesne of Earl Roden; click here for a photo and more information
.
Tollymore River Kilcoo 29: 34/32 runs through Tollymore Park, also called Shimno river
PNNI V3 p 114 
Tollymore House Maghera . house & farm of 35 acres in Tollymore townland; ,leased by Isabella Keown in 1863 from Earl Annesley
GV
Tollymtenvolly Annaclone . spelling for Tullintanvally ttownland in 1659 census PNNI V6 p 72
Tollymurry Down . alternate spelling for Tullymurry townland DDW p 14
Tollyquillan Drumgath . alternate spelling for Tullyquilly townland in 1659 census PNNI V1 p 124
Tollyrie Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Tully ree townland in 1659 census PNNI V3 p 116
Tomegardy Newtownards . alternate name for Milecross townland in 1659 census PNNI v2 p 233
Tonagh Blaris NW of Lisburn; in the Co. Antrim part of the parish; click here to see its location on a townland map; sandy loam soil V12 p 28 OSM
Tonaghmore Magherally 20: 14/50 a townland 5km N of Banbridge;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' big field'; borders Patterson’s Lough; ancient Mass Fort here; school here in 1836; 594 acres; originally belonged to Magennis clan; estate of Marquis of Downshire with Mr Reilly as agent in 1836 V12 p101,112, 114 OSM;DDPP p124; BH; PNNI V6 p 266
Tonaghmore Saintfield 20; 38/57 a townland 3 km SW of Saintfield on the Ballynahinch road; 1043 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; ancient name Tawnaghmore; in 1659 there was 1 Scots/English family & 11 Catholic families; site of ancient Killnagarrick church; a National school established 1821 (photo available); there was a Reading Society here in 1830; in 1837 there were 106 houses; 260 males & 296 females; worst quality land; 66 farms; farms from 1-45 acres, average 14 acres; rents from 10-20 shillings an acre; the proprietor then was Councillor Hanna of Poyntz Pass ;William Hanna Esq. on good landlordism 8 Jun 1850 SP; SHM '94 p39,55 & '86 p 32, 45 & '90 p 29, 30, 31; V7 p 116, 118, 119, 120 OSM: DR
Tonaghnieve House
Saintfield 
2km N of Saintfield; residence of William Blackwood-Price in 1847; strike on the BCD Railway, commenced at Comber end, assembled here, leader arrested 2 Aug 1856 old b/w map P8; SHM '94 p36; DR
Tonaghwyn Saintfield . alternate spelling for Tawnaghneeve which is the old name for Saintfield
O'L V1 p 372
Tongue (The) Witter 21: 63/47 rocks shaped like a tongue in the Irish Sea ;near Tullycarnan townland
PNNI V2 p 140 
Tonm Ruray Kilmegan . one of the 3 ancient roaring waves of Ireland ; the name of a pub in Dundrum
WDG p223,224
Tony Eranny Magheralin . alternate spelling for Taughrane townland in 1659 census
PNNI V6 p 248
Toopagh Rock Drumgooland 20: 27/44 on Slievenaboley mountain
Tooshilly Witter . alternate spelling for Tieveshilly townland in 1830 PNNI V2 p 133
Toregory Drumballyroney . alternate spelling for Turygory townland on Rent Roll of 1692 PNNI V6 p 178
Toremore Newry . alternate spelling for Turmore townland in 1659 census PNNI V1 p 39
Tormining Inch see Terminin or Terminane .
Tornamrock Clonduff 29: 23/25 part of Mourne Mountains; 4km SSE of Hilltown; means ' tall rock of the badgers'
PNNI V3 p 172.
Tornans town Dunsford ancient name for Ballyhornan townland ; from anglicised personal name Torney LR 2005 p27
Torshilly Ballyphilip near Ballyquinton & Granagh; could be Tieveshilly V17 p 125 OSM
Tory Brae (The) Dromara . residence of John Dennison c. 1888 MOF p10
Tory Bush Kilcoo . in Moneyscalp townland; commemorates the 17th century tory or outlaw, Redmond O'Hanlon, who reputedly went into hiding there for a time Kilcoo map
Tory Island Ballyphilip . loss of Portaferry seaman off Tory Island 15 Nov 1890 NC
Toughblane Hillsborough 20: 21/58. a townland 3km SW of Hillsborough;512 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; proprietor Lord Downshire; agent Mr Reilly in 1836; bog; farms were from 4-12 acres; rents were 28-30 shillings an acre; good quality land; 350 women spin; school here in 1835 ; a list of charity subscribers from 1836 V12 p 73,85, 89,100, 106 OSM
Toughlee Inch  . see above under Taughlea
Toughrane Magheralin . see under Taughrane .
Tourist Hotel Warrenpoint . in Duke St, Warrenpoint; b/w photo available
WHGM 2011 p10
Tower Annahilt 20: 30/58 farm; 5km E of Hillsborough
Tower (The) Bangor . in Clifton , Bangor ; residence of William White in 1901 POD
Tower Kilclief 21: 61/45 a large rock at the entrance to Strangford Lough
Tower Hill Newry . farm; 4km NE of Newry town; residence of John Thomas Campbell Quinn in 1873 & 1886
old b/w map C8; OFN p 77; POD
Tower (The) Bangor
.
villas in Clifton Rd , Bangor; built c. 1860
OS map 1901 2.06
Tower House Bangor . in Quay St , Bangor ; residence of Alexander Boyd in 1901 POD
Towermore Newry . alternate name for Turmore in Bagneall Rental of 1575
PNNI V1 p 39
Towers (The) Tullylish . in Tullylish ; residence of Miss Getgood in 1910
POD
Tower View Holywood 15:44/80 farm; 4km E of Holywood town .
Townebegg Clonduff . alternate name for Tamary townland in rent roll of 1692
PNNI V3 p 95
Townheard Ballyhalbert 21: 64/63 farm; 2k S of Ballyhalbert  .
Town Hill Saintfield . just south of Main Street
OSM map
Town Inn Drumgath . cnr The Square & Newry Sts, Rathfriland; 3 storey building built with stones from Rathfriland Castle c. 1700
DDPP p110,111
Town Parks Ballyphilip . this is part of the following townlands:- Ballymarter, Ballyphilip, Ballyboard, & Ballynichol; let at £3.3.0 an acre; proprietor Mr. Nugent in 1836
V7 p7 OSM
Town Parks Comber  . a townland near the town of Comber; 491 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; a flour mill in 1837; rent 24-35 shillings an acre in 1837; site of Comber general graveyard, Non Subscribing Presbyterian church, Catholic church; railway line here in 1863
V7 p 31, 39 OSM  ;GV
Town Parks Donaghadee  . a townland; the town of Dongahadee is in this townland; 632 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map
PNNI V2 p 195 
Town Parks Saintfield . 236 acres; also called Saintfield Parks; county cess levied unevenly in 1834
V7 p 118 OSM
Town Rock Killyleagh 21: 53/52 in Strangford Lough, 1km SE of Killyleagh town
Town View Blaris . farm; just S of Lisburn old b/w map N5
Towsilly Witter . alternate spelling for Tieveshilly townland in 1659 census PNNI V2 p 133
Toye or Kirkland Killyleagh 21: 51/57 a townland 3km NW of Killyleagh on Killinchy road; 264 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; school here in 1836; general graveyard here V17 p 80 OSM; GIC
Toye House Killyleagh   in Ringdufferin townland, 1km N of Killyleagh; Toye House to let 15 Oct 1842: to let again 1 May 1847; to let 24 Jan 1863
old b/w map R11; DR
Traghlomny Magheralin . alternate name for Taughlomny townland in 1659 census
PNNI V6 p 247
Trainors Bridge Clonduff 29: 21/27 over Carcullion river, 2km S of Hilltown  
Trainview Cottage Knockbreda . cottage at 16 McCrackens Row, Ballymacarrett; residence of Henry McCracken in 1852
POD
Train View Poobles Moira . a farm; residence of Henry Lavery in 1910
POD
Trasnagh Island
Tranagh Island
Ardkeen 21: 53/62 in Strangford Lough, 3km NE of Killinchy; 24 acres or arable pasture; means ' cross island'; leased by John Patton in 1863 from reps. Henry Harrisson ; nobody registered as living there in 1901 Census; owned by the church in ancient times
O'L V1 p 364; GV; PNNI V2 p 26
Trassey Bridge Kilcoo 29: 30/31 over the Trassey river ,where it joins the Shimna river ;N slopes of the Mournes; photo of old scutch mill available
LM 1998 p46 
Trassey River Kilcoo 29: 31/30 runs from the middle of the Mournes to Dundrum Bay at Newcastle; name means 'the fierce one' ; also the name of a mountain
PNNI V3 p 173, 186
Travellers Rest Hotel Magheradrool in Lisburn St, Ballynahinch; proprietor in 1910 was A. Watts
POD
Traymount
Tremont
Treamount
Newry . house & 83 acres; in Lisserboy townland, 6km NE of Newry; built by Rev. James Johnston c. 1710 ; residence of Mr John Johnston, agent for Arthur Johnston of Carrickbreda, proprietor of the townland in 1836 ; there is a burying place here; the first internment was the son of Mr Johnston, owner of the townland in about 1770; residence of & John Johnston in 1881
V3 p 105, 106 OSM; old b/w map C8; HCPCI; AIPD; POD
Treanors Villa Clonallan 29: 13/21 farm, near Ballydesland townland, 3km N of Warrenpoint  .
Tremont Magherally . residence of James Johnston Robinson in 1927
MIs
Trench Hill Tullynakill 21: 50/65 farm; 2km NE of Lisbane townland  .
Trench House Comber . residence of David Hamilton in 1912
POD
Trench House Hillsborough 20: 23/60 farm; 2km NWW of Hillsborough
Tressilly Witter . alternate spelling for Tieveshilly townland in 1663
PNNI V2 p 133
Trevor Hill Newry . street & area on the northern outskirts of Newry town; building started here in 1770s; Ebenezer Chapel here
OFN p xii; GIC
Trooperfield Comber a townland 1km W of Comber; 105 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map
Troopers Hollow Kilkeel 29: 23/18 on the slopes of The Mournes, near Cassy Water 5km E of Rostrevor
Trumery
Trummery
Blaris to be let, house & demesne of Marquis of Hertford 26 Nov 1795; residence of Capt. Stewart who introduced early threshing machine; in 1836, Matthew Watson & Alex Tolerton to repair the lane from Megaberry to Trumery burying ground; parish works program # 39 from 1836 NS; UF p 40; V12 p 42 OSM
Tuathals Island Saintfield a crannog in Lough Henney in Bresagh townland LR 2005 p20
Tubbercorran Down alternate spelling Tobercorran townland DDW p 14
Tubberdoney Loughinisland ancient well near Faranfad; means ‘Sunday well’; overshadowed by black thorn bushes; Mass stations held here LCB p 16, 81: O'L V1 p 90, 92
Tubberdoney Ballyculter . in Audleystown townland; site of an ancient Catholic chapel
O'L V1 p 217
Tubbermoney Down alternate spelling for Tobbermoney townland
Tubber na Carrig Inishargy 21: 60/64 house & farm of 87 acres in Kircubbin townland, 1km N of Kircubbin; means ' well of the rock' ; residence of Co. John Ward in 1846 ; leased by Catherine Ward in 1863 from Robert E. Ward & residence of Col. Ward c. 1875; school nearby
POD; PNNI V2 p 98; GV 
Tubber House Inishargy . residence of Robert Savage in 1910
POD
Tudor Hall Holywood . house & farm of 11 acres ;in Ballykeel townland; residence of John Finlay & James Herdman in 1852; leased by Henry Murney in 1863 from John Hunter POD; GV
Tudor Cottage Newry . a house & garden on Downhire Rd, Newry; leased by Thomas Laing in 1863 from Robert Greer
GV
Tudor House Holywood . residence of Joseph Abbott & Robert Thompson in 1852 & W. H.H. Lyons in 1893 POD; BWN
Tufts Bridge Comber 21: 40/68 over a stream ;6km WSW of Comber
Tulgrie Kilcoo . alternate name for Tullyree townland in rent roll of 1692
PNNI V3 p 116
Tullach-na-neve Saintfield . Irish name for Saintfield; tullach means a hill & naive = a saint i.e. Sainthill now Saintfield
V7 p 116 OSM
Tullagheke Moira . alternate name of Tullyloob townland on Rent Roll of 1692
PNNI V6 p 293
Tullamona Kilkeel 29: 27/20 hill, on the slopes of The Mournes;in Ballinamorna townland; means ' hillock of the bog'
PNNI V3 p 173 
Tullamore . . see Tullymore .
Tullangrane Dunsfort  . land & tithes granted to Hugh Montgomerie in 1626; possibly Tollumgrange V17 p 133 OSM
Tullaree Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Tullyree townland in rent toll of 1672
PNNI V3 p 116
Tullecavone Greyabbey . alternate spelling for Tullykevin townland in 1659 census
PNNI V2 p 209
Tullear Seapatrick  . alternate spelling for Tullyear townland
Tullefraim Kilkeel . alernate spelling for Tullyframe townland in rent roll of 1688 PNNI V3 p 53
Tulleherum Donaghcloney . spelling for Tullyherron townland in 1659 census PNNI V6 p 97
Tullenecrevy Ballyphilip . alternate spelling for Tullynacrew townland in Rent Roll of 1641 PNNI V2 p 51
Tullenetree Loughinisland  . spelling for Tullynacree townland n 1659 census S P
Tullenggrosse Magheralin . alternate spelling for Tullynacross in 1659 census PNNI V6 p 251
Tulligoune Drumbeg . mentioned in 1659 Census SP; SHM '94 p56

Tullindoney/
Tullindooney

Dromore 20: 23/51 a townland 4km SE of Dromore; 391 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' church hillock'; in Kilwarlin in ancient times; black bog here ; 315 ft above sea level V12 p 70, 73 OSM; PNNI V6 p 142
Tullinespick Bright  . a townland 1km NW of Killough town; 49 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' bishop's hill' as it belonged to the Catholic bishop before 1700; site of an ancient rath and graveyard
O'L V1 p 150 & B p 22, 179
Tullingrange Dunsford  . ancient townland in 17th century in East Down; possibly Tollumgrange V17 p 123 OSM
Tullinisky Garvaghy a townland on the Dromara road; 697 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the Eel Burn'; owned by Sir Art Magennis & leased to William Worsley in 1609; previouly known as Mill town; ruins of Warinsgford seat & demesne here ; mill in 1836; alleged incendiarism at the corn mill 3 Feb 1855 V12 p 80, 81, 82 OSM; ARF; DR; PNNI V6 p 205
Tullintanvally
Tanvally
Annaclone 20: 18/42 a townland 5km SE of Banbridge; on shore of Monteith Lough; sometimes called Tanvally; 812 acres;means 'hillock of the old road' because the old road from Armagh to Downpatrick came through here; click here to see its location on a townland map; church lands in 1609 held by McGivern family; bog here ; Mr Hillis farm here in 1836 ; corn mill; old fort; school here in 1836; proprietor Marquis of Downshire; mill in 1836; Church of Ireland & Catholic churches here; Tanvally House here V12 p13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 OSM;DDPP p132; GIC; TIA; old b/w map G8; PNNI V6 p 61

Tullumgrange

Dunsford
alternate spelling for Tollumgrange townland
.
Tully Cottage Dromore . farm; residence of George Hobart in 1910
POD
Tully Farm Ballyculter . a 1800s farmstead on Shore Rd, Strangford; photo available
DR 2/5/2012 *
Tullyanaghan Magheralin 20: 10/59 a townland 3km W of Magheralin, near Co Antrim border; 184 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'O'Hanhy's hillock'; held by the McBredan family in 1609 then divided between Sir Art Magennis & William Worsley & the church then 59 acres owned by Sir George Rawdon in 1666; Grace Hall here
PNNI V6 p 250, 251
Tullyard Drumbo . a townland of 378 acres; click here to see its location on a map; human bones were found in this townland c. 1800 thought to be Viking; the proprietor in 1833 was Sir Robert Bateson whose agent was Mr Getty of Moira; 22 landholders; rents from 25-35 shillings; land of middling quality; in 1833 there were 33 houses; 23 families were employed in agriculture & 4 in trade; 72 males & 74 females; 12 servants; V7 p 55, 59, 63 OSM
Tullyard Hill Drumbo 20: 31/64 2km SSW of Drumbo village
Tullyard Moira 2km SE of Moira town; 369 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' high hillock';originally belonged to Sir Art Magennis in 1609; proprietor Sir R. Bateson in 1836 V12 p 120 OSM; PNNI V6 p 292
Tullyard House Moira 20: 17/59 farm; 3km SE of Moira
Tullybeg Magheradroll means “ little hill”; in the Ballynahinch area BH
Tullyboard Ballyphilip just SE of Portaferry on the shores of Strangford Lough entrance; 310 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map;means ' hillock of the flat top"; in 1659 there were 4 English/Scots & 6 Catholic families here; Catholic Chapel here; windmill & corn mill in 1836 V7 p10,12 & V 17 p 125 OSM; SP; PNNI V2 p 49
Tullybond Ballyphilip . proprietor in 1836 was Mr. Nugent; all rents were 22 shillings
V7 p 8 OSM
Tullybrannigan
Kilcoo . a townland of 1213 acres; just W of Newcastle; click here to see its location on a townland map;means ' Branigan's hill' ; held by Brian Magennis in 1611 then Edward Trevor of Rosstrevor & Wiliam Smith of Ballymaginaghy in 1620;also in the Catholic parish of Maghera since 1785; its name contains the old Co. Down surname of O'Branagain; hewld by Bernard Magennis in 1640
Kilcoo map; PNNI V3 p 99, 114; HCDTD p141
Tullybrick Ardkeen 21: 60/56 5km N of Portaferry; means ' speckled hillside'
PNNI V2 p 26 

Tullycairne

Tullycarn

Donaghcloney 20:00 a townland of 267 acres; 6km from Dromore; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the cairn'; highest hill 296 ft; bog; forest; the proprietor Henry Magill Esq.held most of the land himself but let the remainder at £2 an acre in 1836 : corn mill fire 27 Sep 1851 V12 p 57, 59 OSM: DR ; PNNI V6 p 95
Tullycarn House
Tullycairn House
Donaghcloney 20: 15/53 3km E of Donaghcloney village; the residence Magill family in 1777 & of H. Magill Esq. in 1836; it was described as a conspicuous object at the eastern end of the parish, situated on the summit of a hill with some young plantings around it ; residence of James Bennett in 1910
V12 p 58 OSM ; PNNI V6 p 91 ; POD
Tullycarnan Ballyphilip & Witter 21: 61/47 a townland 4km SE of Portaferry at the bottom of the Ards Peninsula; 294 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the cairn'; in 1659 there were 12 English/Scots & 10 Catholic families here;lowest rent in 1836 was 21 shillings & the highest 35 shillings V7 p7 & V17 p 125 OSM; SP; PNNI V2 p 134
Tullycarnan /
Tullycarnon
Ardglass a townland near Killough harbour; 154 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; there was only one family here needing famine relief in 1847; ownedf by Aubrey de Vere Beauclerk in 1863 V17 p 1, 7 OSM; FCD S2 p 25; GV
Tullycarnet Knockbreda 15:39/73  a townland 2km W of Dundonald village; 270 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'field of the little cairn stones'; a fairymound here; had a corn mill in 1832; appleal against tithe 4 Jan 1834; National School & railway line here in 1863
V7 p 102 OSM ; TMUOP p42,232; GV; NH 
Tullycavey Grey Abbey
alternate name for Tullykevin townland in 1830; school here
V17 p 123 OSM; NC; PNNI V2 p 209
Tullycharnan Ballyphilip . see Tullycarnon .
Tullychin Killyleagh alternate spelling for Tullykin towenland .

Tullyconnaught Tullyconoght

Seapatrick 20; 16/45 a townland next to river Bann; 5km E of Banbridge; 448 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map means 'Cu Connaught's hill'; Mulligan's school built in 1830;proprietor N.C. Whyte Esq. In 1836; Mulligan’s Bridge built 1826: mill & kiln for sale 10 Jan 1846 V12 p123,126, 132, 134 OSM: BIH p19; DR; PNNI V6 p 319
Tullyconnaught House Seapatrick . residence of James Charles Mulligan in 1823
CSO
Tullycore
Tollycore
Killinchy a townland of 138 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; school here; school exams 14 Aug 1841
V7 p 86 OSM; DR
Tullycoyle Drumgath . alternate spelling for Tullyquilly townland in 1692 Rent Roll PNNI v1 p 124
Tullycross Castleboy 21: 61/57 a townland 5km N of Portaferry; 147 acres ; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the crossroads; part of the Manor of Cloghy in King Charles 1st's reign V17 p 125 & V7 p 18 OSM; PNNI V2 p 80

Tullydagan / Tullydegan

Shankill  . in the southern part of the parish V12 p 138 OSM
Tullyear Seapatrick  . a townland 2km S of Banbridge; 344 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hollick of the boundary'; proprietor NC Whyte Esq. in 1836; large cave here V12 p123,126 OSM; PNNI V6 p 320
Tullyfoyle
Upper & Lower
Kilclief Upper townland is 109 acres & Lower townland is 114 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' height of the hollow';Mullan family & shop 1880s; hurley was played here c. 1880 Inv 1997 p 48 & 2001 p 10 & 2002 p 15
Tullyframe
Tullyfrane
Kilkeel . a townland of 759 acres; 5km NW of Kilkeel; in the foothills; click here to see its position on a map; means ' hill of the roots'; in 1659 there were 3 English/Scots & 3 Irish families living here & the leased was Richard Houston Esq.; owned by Lord Nicholas Bagenal in 1690s
CM; SP; PNNI V3 p 53; MO 5/8/ 2009 p6
Tullyframe Wood Kilkeel 29: 26/16 slopes of Knockchree mountain, 4km W of Kilkeel on Rostrevor road  .
Tullygally Shankill a townland 278 acres: in Co Armagh in 1999

Tullygarvan

Tullygirvan

Tullygirven

Tullygirvin

Comber a townland of 466 acres; just west of Ballygowan; click here to see its location on a townland map; originally belonged to Comber abbey & was part of Comber parish but given to Saintfield in 1714; 1 school established in 1803 & another in 1826; one mill in 1837 on the Ravara to Moneyreagh road; part proprietors in 1837 were Mr. Mussenden of Larchfield whose agents were Rev. Cleland & Mr Orr and W. Sinclair of Belfast whose agent was Mr. Thompson; farmers were from 10-40 acres; rent on old leases was 2 shillings & 6 pence & new leases 25-28 shillings an acre; quality of the land if middling; crops were potatoes, wheat and oats;there were 98 males & 115 females in 1837; Messrs. Walker took over flour mill 10 Oct 1846 (also a corn mill & kiln there); mill fire 1 Jan 1853 (later a spinning mill) V7 p 34, 37 ,38, 42 OSM; HCPCI p227; DR; SHM '86 p 23,24,32; old b/w map P8;GV
Tullygarvan House Comber . house & farm of 117acres ; residence of Richard Walker in 1852 ; leased by Samuel Walker in 1863 from William Mussenden
POD; GV
Tullyglush
Tullyglish
Tullyglass
Dromore 20: 20/49 a townland 4km S of Dromore;518 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; hill; means 'green hillock'; originally church lands; school here in 1836 V12 p70, 73 OSM; PNNI V6 p 143
Tullyngilly Drumgath . alternate spelling for Tullyquilly townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663 PNNI V1 p 124
Tullyharnon Witter . alternater spelling for Tullycarnon townland .
Tullyhenan Magherally alternate spelling for Tullyhinan townland .

Tullyheron

Tullyherron

Donaghcloney 20: 10/56 a townland of 811 acres; village of Waringstown is in part of this townland; click here to see its location on a townland map; means' hillock of rowan'; Waringstown school here ; proprietors Rev H Waring & Earl Clanwilliam in 1836; site of Waringstown Presbyterian church here V12 p 57 58, 59 OSM; V 19 MIs; GIPR; PNNI V6 p 96
Tullyhevin Greyabbey . on the eastern side of the parish; contains an area of bog
V7 p 67 OSM
Tully Hill Kilclief 21: 59/47 hill near Cloghy townland; overlooking the entrance to Strangford Lough; navigation beacon here
LM 2002 p 8
Tullyhinan Magherally . a townland 4km N of Banbridge; 426 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' Heenan's hillock'; originally belonged to Bishops of Dromore in 1609
PNNI V6 p 267; V 12 p 114 OSM
Tullyhinan House Magherally 20: 16/49 farm; 2km N of Magherally village; residence of Lindsay family c. 1815-1900
MIs
Tullyhoa Tullylish . ancient name for an abbey near Gilford
PNNI V6 p 328

Tullyhubbert

Tullyhubert

Comber a townland of 474 acres;SW of Moneyreagh; click here to see its location on a townland map; a flax mill & a corn mill in 1837; proprietor then was Mr. W Sinclair of Belfast whose agent was Mr. Mussenden of Larchfield; good land; farms were from 10-40 acres; rent was 20 shillings an acre with old leases at 5 shillings an acre in 1837;103 males & 136 females in 1837
V7 p 31, 37, 38, 42 OSM
Tullyhubbert House Comber 21: 40/66 house & farm estate of 60 acres; 3km NW of Ballygowan; leased by William Jelly in 1863 from Wiilliam Mussenden
GV; ; old b/w map P8
Tullykerrin Donaghcloney . alternate spelling for Tullyherron townland in 18th century
PNNI V6 p 97
Tullykevin Greyabbey 21: 60/69 a townland 5km E of Grey Abbey; 2km W of Ballywalter; 464 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' Kevins' hillock'; granted by King Charles 1st to Hugh, Viscount Montgomery c. 1623 ;owned by Earl of Annesley in 1870; slate quarries reopened 25 Nov 1876; National school here in 1863
V7 p 68, 123 OSM; PNNI V6 p 308, 209; NC ;GV
Tullykin Killyleagh . a townland 3km SW of Killyleagh town; 492 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map .
Tullykinally Shankill  . in the southern part of the parish V12 p 138 OSM
Tullylin Saul  . residence of Edward Doran in 1794 MID p 151
Tullylish Garvaghy  . Glebe lands in 1780 V12 p 83 OSM
Tullylish Tullylish 20: 8/49 a village, a townland of 513 acres and a parish; click here to see its location on a townland map; 4km NW of Banbridge; click here for a photo of the old bleach mill .
Tullylish Castle Tullylish . residence of Rev. Thomas Beatty in 1824 POD
Tullylish House Tullylish . the residence of Rev. Henry Hamilton in 1824, a magistrate who attended at Gilford in 1836; residence of James Greer Bellin 1880 & M. McAuley in 1910 POD; V12 p 141 OSM; MIs ; POD
Tullyloob
Tullylobe
Moira 20: 12/61 a townland 4km W of Moira; 299 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the bends'; originally belonged to Sir Art Magennis then Sir George Rawdon in 1666; proprietor Sir R. Bateson in 1836 V12 p 120 OSM; PNNI V6 p 293
Tullylough Donaghcloney . alternate spelling for Ballynabragget townland in 1714 PNNI V6 p 87
Tullymacarath Tullymacaret
Tullymackeratt
Dromore  . a townland 3km SW of Dromore town; 184 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' McEnratty's hillock'; originally a Magennis district; cottage school established 1832 (photo available) V12 p73, 77 OSM; PNNI V6 p 143 , 144; ODHD pi

Tullymacknows Tullymacnous Tullymanows

Killyleagh  . a townland ;2km NNW of Killyleagh town; 208 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; mill in 1836; John Coffey 23 Jul 1842; burning of corn & scutch mills 16 Dec 1865; old graveyard here V17 p 80 OSM; DR; GIC
Tullymacrue Ballyphilip see Tullynacrew  
Tullymagee Lough Kilmood . 2km E of Ballygowan old b/w map R8
Tullymally
Tollemally
Ballyphilip 21: 61/53 a townland 3km NE of Portaferry; 356 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' Malley's hillock'; in 1659 there were 10 English/Scots & 4 Catholic families here;proprietor Colonel Forde in 1836 V17 p 125,126 OSM; PNNI V2 p 50
Tullymanows Killyleagh see Tullymacknows .

Tullymore

Donaghmore 29: 8/37 a townland 7km SSW of Loughbrickland; 448 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' large mound'; originally owned by Magennis clan; school here in 1836 ; proprietor A Innes Esq. In 1836 V3 p7, 8, 9 OSM; PNNI V1 p 108

Tullymore

Hillsborough 20: 27/57 see Tullynore .
Tullymore House Kilcoo . see under Tollymore .
Tullymore Killinchy . a townland 4km SSE of Killinchy town; 141 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map V7 p 86 OSM
Tullymuckley Newtownards ancient townland in 17th century in East Down; grant from King Charles 1st to Hugh, Viscount Montgomerie; also known as Ballemackley & Ballinigrange-;possibly Crossnamouckley V17 p123 & V7 p 68 OSM
Tullymurray /
Tullymurry
Down a townland 4km SW of Downpatrick; 278 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; 1625 land seizures, Robert Swoords; owned by Matthew Forde Esq. in 1836; there were 18 houses; 14 families employed in agriculture & 5 in trade; 68 males & 90 females; 2 manufacturers & 3 servants;site of railway station, Downpatrick to Newcastle ;railway death of Robert Robinson, farmer18 Dec 1875;Henry O'Hare killed on railway 24 Nov 1883 V17 p 53, 55 , 57 OSM:DR; NWAG p 26,37
Tullymurry Bridge Down 21: 42/41 over Blackstaff river ; 2km NE of Clough;
Tullymurry Donaghmore 29: 10/35 a townland 8km S of Loughbrickland; 184 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map;means 'Murray's mound'; Seceding Meeting House here ; bog here V3 p 8 ,9 OSM; old b/w map C8 ; PNNI V1 p 108
Tullymurry House Donaghmore . residence of John Marshall in 1842 AIPD
Tullynacnous Killyleagh see Tullymacknows .
Tullynacree Kilmore 21: 43/50 a townland 2km SW of Kilmore village; click here to see its location on a map; 854 acres; Ribbonism 21 Feb 1846: incendiarism 4 Dec 1852; owned by William B. Forde in 1863; now part of Annacloy village TCC p 33;GV; DR
Tullynacreen Ballyphilip  . near Craigrodin V17 p 124 OSM
Tullynacrew Tullynacrue
Tullynacreevy

Ballyphilip

 . a townland 3km E of Portaferry; 66 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the tree'; proprietor was Mr Maxwell of Portaferry in 1836 ; school built 1807 V17 p 126, 127 OSM; PNNI V2 p 51
Tullynacross Inch . farm; 2km NW of Downpatrick; owned by Inch Abbey in 1380; residence of William Skillen in 1830 & John Welshman in 1839
old b/w map O 13; O'L V1 p 325; PR
Tullynacross Lambeg 20: 28/66 a townland of 459 acres; 2km N of Lisburn in Co. Antrim; click here to see its location on a townland map   .
Tullynacross Magheralin 20: 12/56 a townland 2km NE of Waringstown; 269 acres: click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'hillock of the cross'; site of crossroads
PNNI V6 p 251
Tullynagardy Newtownards 15:48/76 
a townland 3km NW of Newtownards town; 353 acres ; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' hillock of the artisans'
PNNI V2 p 236
Tullynagee Kilmood . a townland just N of Kilmood village; 865 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; in 1831 there were 58 houses; 43 families employed in agriculture & 8 in trade; 157 males & 190 females; 16 servants; the proprietor then was Lord Londonderry whose agent was Mr J. Andrews of Comber; farms were from 4- 40 acres; rent was 20 - 33 shillings an acre; good land; school established 1827
V7 p 94, 95, 96 OSM
Tullynagee Lough Kilmood 21: 46/64 3 loughs ;1km SE of Lisbane townland
Tullynakill Tullynakill a small parish & a townland of 317 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; proprietor was Sir James Hamilton in 1615 ;the proprietors in 1836 were Rev. Mr Boyd of Dromara & A.M. Young of Belfast as trustee; good land; rents were 20 shillings an acre; Church of Ireland built in 1826; Cattle show: farming society 21 Jan 1843; Robert Murland bought the limestone quarries in 1864 V7 p 122-124 OSM: DR ; O'L B p 320;NDM p111
Tullynaskeagh Dunsford 21: 55/42 a townland 5km N of Ardglass; 223 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' land of the white thorn; inventor W. Chambers here 20 May 1848 V17 p 72 OSM; LM 1986 p28; DR
Tullynskeah House Dunsford . residence of the Chambers family; badly burnt 1898; photo available
LM 1986 p31-33
Tullynaskeagh Kilmore 21: 42/55 near Clontaghnaglar townland ;4km NW of Crossgar
Tullynasoo Kilcoo 29: 28/36 a townland 2km SE of Ballyward; 523 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'hill of the berries'; held by Sir Arthur Magennis in 1609 then by Arthur Hill in 1640
PNNI V3 p 100 , 115
Tullynasoo Mountain Kilcoo 29: 30/36 mountain on the northern shore of Lough Island Reavy; 4km W of Castlewellan
Tullynaspick Bright Bishops land £2 in 1744; proprietor Lord Bangor in 1836 ; V17 p34,118 OSM
Tullynear
Tullyneere
Saul 21: 52/47 on Strangford road, 2km NE of Saul town; a house cluster in Ballintogher townland; site of an rock ledge called Lord's Table & used by Catholics during penal times
O'L V1 p 246, 259
Tullynesson Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Tullynasoo townland in rent roll of 1692 PNNI V3 p 115
Tullynesugh Newry . alternate name for Curley townland in 1655 PNNI V1 p 18
Tullynisky Garvaghy see Tullinisky .
Tullynoagh Ardkeen . alternate name for Sketrick Island in 1623 PNNI V2 p 25
Tullynore Hillsborough 20: 27/57 a townland 3km SE of Hillsborough; also spelt Tullymore; 314 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; proprietor Lord Downshire; agent Mr Reilly in 1836; frams were from 4-36 acres; rents on old leases were 10 shillings & 6 pence & new leases 28-30 shillings an acre; a list of charity subscribers in 1836 V12 p 85, 106 OSM
Tullyomy Kilwarlin . an ancient sub district containing 8 townlands now in Dromore & Dromara parishes; owned by Sir Art Magennis in 1609 PNNI V6 p 14, 105, 133, 140, 142

Tullyorier

Tullyoryor

Garvaghy 20: 17/43 a townland 7km SE of Banbridge; 981 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the boundary'; church lands leased by Gilleduffe Mac Brien in 1609; belonged to See of Dromore & Mr Ogle,of Newry in 1836; Corbet Lough here ; mill erected 1823; school here in 1836 V12 p81, 82, 83 OSM; PNNI V6 p 206
Tullypollen Bishops land returning £5 in 1744 V17 p 118 OSM
Tullyquilly Drumgath 29: 17/34 a townland 3km W of Rathfriland; 461 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' Kealy's mound'; 21 acres of marshy ground;originally owned by Magennis clan; held by Wills Hill of Hillsborough in 1766; proprietor Marquis of Downshire in 1836 ; some comfortable farmhouses of Mr Willock, Barber & Scott; most farms 4-20 acres; rents were from 16-30 shillings an acre ; school here in 1836; old fort V3 p 19,20,21 OSM; Registry of Deeds, Dublin; MOF p 11; PNNI V1 p 124
Tullyrain Magherally 20: 15/47 a townland 2km SW of Magherally village; 508 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of bracken'; originally belonged to Bishop of Dromore V12 p 114 OSM; PNNI V6 p 268
Tullyrain
Tullyrean
Tullylish 20: 10/50 a townland 1km N of Laurencetown; 494 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means hillock of bracken'; owned by Marmaduke Whietchurch in 1633; proprietor Marquis of Downshire, agent W. Reilly in 1836 V12 p 144 OSM; PNNI V6 p 347
Tullyrappane Donaghcloney . a hamlet in Tullyherrron townland in1627- 1692 PNNI V6 p 97
Tullyratty Ballyculter-civil
Saul- Catholic
21: 56/48 a townland 4km SW of Strangford town ;on the Downpatrick road; 223 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; click here for a story about the lead mine opened in 1827; owned by Lord De Ros in 1836: 1 smithy; lead & silver mine 8 Apr 1837: lead mine 26 Mar 1842: lead mine 19 Mar 1853; its dam supplies water for Strangford 3 Nov 1926 V17 p 30,31 OSM: Inv1999 p 20 :DR; O'L V1 p 217; DR*; LM 1988 p22; Inv 2010 p3 (OS map 1830s)
Tullyree Kilcoo . a townland 2km W of Bryansford; 366 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'hill of the heather'; held by Sir Arthur Magennis of Rathfriland in 1609; then by William Hawkins in 1661; school opened in 1844; mentioned in Fairy crack c. 1900;( click here for a story )
MOF p3; old b/wap H12; PR; PNNI V3 p 100, 115
Tullyree Hill Kilcoo 29: 31/32 near Moneyscalp townland ;3km SW of Castlewellan
MOF p3 
Tullyronnelly Shankill a townland of 51 acres: in Co Armagh in 1999
Tullyrusk Blaris in 1836 applotters were John Potts & Andrew Scott & appraisers were James Alexander & Andrew Scott; parish works program V12 p 40,42 OSM
Tullytramon Castleboy 21: 62/57 a townland 3km SW of Portavogie; 263 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hillock of the elder tree'; part of the Manor of Cloghy in King Charles 1st's reign V17 p 125 & V7 p 18 OSM; PNNI V2 p 81

Tullyveery
Tullyvery

Killyleagh 21: 50/55 a townland 2km NW of Killyleagh; 783 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; cotton factory in 1836; new school 3 Apr 1841; stabbing case 7 Mar 1863; Sabbath school fete 26 Jul 1873; school fete 22 Jul 1882; the village of Shrigley is here V17 p 80 OSM:DR
Tullyveery House Killyleagh 21: 50/54 farm, 3km NW of Killyleagh; residence of James Heron in 1886 & 1893
POD; BWN

Tullyvesticonnaught
Tullywastekenna

Tullywasnecunagh or Tullywest

Saintfield 20: 37/58 a townland 4km SW of Saintfield on a back road; 584 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; ancient name Tollevastikinagh; lots of trees here in 1630; in 1659 there was 9 Scots/English & 4 Catholic families here; means “hill of rabbit holes”has a small lake; in 1837 there were 53 houses; 166 males & 167 females; middling quality land; 38 farms; farms from 2 -25 acres, average 14 acres; rents from 13-20 shillings an acre; the proprietor then was Mr Price of Saintfield; a National School here in 1843 BH ; SP; SHM '94 p55 & '86 p 32& "90 p 30 ; V7 p 117, 118, 119, 120 OSM; O'L V1 p 374
Tunaherry
Clonallan
. alternate spelling for Tamnaharry townland PNNI V1 p 80

Tunaran
Turnaran

or Carrontullevickan; Ancient townland in 17th century in East Down; grant from King Charles 1st to Hugh, Viscount Montgomerie V17 p 123 & V7 p 68 OSM
Turble Bradagh Kilkeel . ancient part of Cranfield townland
TU p 114
Turf Lodge Holywood . house & farm of 39 acres in Ballyhackamore townland; leased by James Davidson in 1863 from John Cleland
GV; MIs
Turkish Kilclief area . residence of Fitzsimmons family in 1830
MIs
Turlagshill Kilkeel . in Moneydarraghmore townland; farm of John Orr in 1818
IIW V4 p 174
Turley Rock Grey Abbey 21: 54/69 rock in Strangford Lough, 1km W of Pattersons Hill
PNNI V2 p 211.
Turloughs Hill Kilkeel 29: 35/19 farm, 2km W of Annalong
Turmennan
Terminon
Inch a townland of 607 acres; 3km SE of Crossgar; click here to see its location on a townland map; 'means town of the herrings'; originally owned by Inch Abbey in 1380; owned by Earl of Ardglass in 1669 & leased to Henry Maxwell Esq.; bought by Ker family in 1835 TCC p33; LR2009 p51; LM 1985 p53; MID p 86, 175 ; old b/w map P13; O'L V1 p 325; DR* 3/12/03

Turmore
Turrmore

Newry 29: 10/31 a townland on Clanrye river, 5km N of Newry; 374 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' the large field'; belonged toNewry Abbey in 1157; proprietor Lord Kilmorey whose agent was Thomas G. Henry of Newry; most of the land was let to Mr Gore whose agent was David Henry, a resident in 1836 ;undulating surface with excellent soil; good crops of wheat, oats, barley & potatoes; rents were from 36-40 shillings an acre V3 p 106 OSM; PNNI V1 p 39; DDPP p2
Turmra House Moira . a farm; residence of Gardner Irwin in 1910
POD
Turner Hill
Newry
. small farm ;just SW of Bridge Street, Newry in 1834 V3 p 62 OSM
Turneygardy
Greyabbey
. see Turradin the Cardy .
Turn House
Ballyculter
. on Churchtown Road; b/w photo available Inv 2010 p3,4
Turrardin the Cardie
Greyabbey 
or Carntullakeagh; Ancient townland in 17th century in East Down; possibly called Cardy today V17 p 123 OSM
Tutts Bridge Comber . over a stream; 3km W of Comber town
old b/w map Q7
Twelve Acre Hill Bright . guards were placed here during Mass in Penal times to warn of danger (17th-18th century)
O'L V1 p 165
Two Mill Hill Dromore 20: 21/56 farm; 3km N of Dromore; residence of John Stephens in 1811
IIW V4 p143 
Twormore Clonduff . alternate name for Tamary townland in Rent Roll of 1692 PNNI V3 p 95
Tynagort Holywood . in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; residence of Joseph Donaghy in 1902 POD
Tyrefergus Drumballyroney . spelling for Tirfergus townland in Rent Roll of 1692 PNNI V6 p 176
Tyrella North & South
Torrela
Terrela
Tyrella 21: 44/37 village & 2 townlands of 420 & 459 acres, 3km SE of Clough; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'house of St. Ryal'; belonged to Catholic Priory of Down in 1615; owned by Alderman Hutchinson c. 1660 & sublet to William Hamilton by 1676;bought by Hugh Hamilton in 1727 from Richard Graham for his son George Hamilton who built a manor house here before 1755 ; parish boundaries changed 22 Dec 1827; windmill here ; Poor Law district population was 3477 in 30 Nov 1839; parish church new 10 Sep 1842; Police station 11 Jan 1851; spotted fever 16 Jul 1853; vessel stranding 26 May 1855; Lifeboat Station in 1860; life boat 22 Sep 1860; the minister's house fund for building 24 Sep 1864; names of life boat crew 6 Apr 1867; reduction in estate rents by James Craig Esq. 8 Nov 1879; Church of Ireland in Tyrella South & a general graveyard & Catholic church in Tyrella North LR 2006 p18; LM 1985 p7; DR; DR* ;NCT; GIC: GIPR; O'L V1 p 126 & B p 152, 323; LES p1; LM 1999 p91; LM 1991 p33-34; LM 1997 p83; LR 2011 p9
Tyrella Beach Tyrella 21: 47/36 in Dundrum Bay, 8km S of Downpatrick; SS Great Britain ran aground here 22 Sep 1846
LM 1992 p23
Tyrella Cottage Tyrella . residence of Mr John Harte; address & reply 25 Jun 1859
DR
Tyrella House Tyrella 21: 44/37 2km N of coast E of Ballykinler; built by George Hamilton before 1755 for his bride Jane Echlin then leased to Stewart Banks c 1760; George Hamilton lived there before his death in 1770; ancient man- made cave discovered near the house in 1832; residence of A.H. Montgomery in 1852; demesne to be let 16 Feb 1867; poet at Tyrella House 17 Sep 1853; to let 25 Apr 1868; bought by Rt. Hon. George A. Hamilton 9 Jul 1870; residence of Clarence Craig in 1910 & James Craig M.P. in 1916
LM 1985 p7,8; O'L V1 p 130; DR; POD ; LM 1997 p85; LR 2012 p47
Tyrigorry
Tyrgerye
Drumballyroney see Tirygory V3 p 12 OSM