Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Fisherman's Row, Killough
Ros Davies'
Co. Down, Northern Ireland Family History Research Site

© Rosalind Davies 2001
Permission granted to reprint research for non-profit use only
Finnis village, Dromara

Place names of Co. Down: F.......

 

Fa.....Fe.......Fi......Fl.....Fo.....Fr........

Place name
Information
Fagans Close
Newry
.
farm; 3km E of Newry
old b/w map D10
Fahar
Newry
10 miles from Sheeptown; manure
V3 p 107 OSM
Fairburn
Kilbroney
.
in Rostrevor; residence of James Reilly Esq. in 1846 & W.D. Hall in 1852
POD
Fair Green
Kilkeel
.
farm; on the shores of Carlingford Lough near Cranfield
CM
Fairholme
Bangor
.
villas in Crawfordsburn Rd, Bangor ; residence of Samuel Crosbie & Misses Lee in 1901
POD
Fairleigh Kilcoo . a house in Newcastle; residence of Col. W.R. Slacke in 1910
POD
Fairmount House Moira . a house ; residence of Dr. T.H. Brownrigg in 1910 POD
Fairmount
Newtownards
15:46/77
farm; 3km NW of Newtownards town
.
Fairtowne
Saintfield
.
ancient name for Oughley townland
O'L V1 p 375
Fairview House
Bangor
15:47/80
4km SW of Bangor town on Donaghadee Road
OS map 1901 2.06
Fairview House Bangor . residence of Charles E. Moncrief in 1901
POD
Fairview
Donaghadee
15:56/80
2km NW of Donaghadee; residence of Mr James McLean in 1846
POD
Fairview
Dromore
20: 20/51
farm; 2km S of Dromore; residence of Mary Anne Kerr in 1816 ; owned by Thomas Jameson in 1876 with 58 acres; residence of Robert Jameson in 1910
FP; LOI; POD
Fairview
Drumbo
.
farm; just N of Drumbo village; residence of late John McDowell 1869
old b/w map P6; DR *2/10/1869
Fairview Kilbroney . in Rostrevor; residence of P. McAnulty in 1910
POD
Fairview
Kilcoo
.
a boarding house in Bryansford Rd, Newcastle; run by Mrs Cowdy in 1914
NWAG p 47; PTTF p7
Fairview House Kilkeel .

in Harbour Rd , Kilkeel ; residence of James McKee in 1910

POD
Fairview Killinchy . off Glasswater Road; residence of Sir James Martin in 1893; a general smith works residence of William Brownlee in 1910 ; photo available
LR 2009 p17-18; POD
Fairview Villa Knockbreda . at 292 Ravenhill Rd, East Belfast; residence of William McCulloughin 1902
POD
Fairview
Magheradrool
.
farm; 2km SE of Ballynahinch
old b/w map M10
Fairview Magheralin . in Drumnabreeze/ Ballyleny townland; residence of John Holland in 1817 & John Gilland in 1873
FP
Fairview
Saintfield
.
W of the town, off Main Street; 2nd Presbyterian church here & old pig market
MSWAG; SHM '94 p61
Fairview Cottage Saintfield . in Saintfield; residence of Mrs William Dales in 1910
POD
Fairy Field Dundonald . in Castlebeg townland; site of an ancient church marked by ring of boulders TOOC p19, 24
Fairy Glen
Bangor
.
also known as Strickland's Glen ;near the beach
NDM p63
Fairy Glen
Kilbroney
.
on Kilbroney River; near Rostrevor; email me for a photo
MSWAG p 68

Fairy Hill

Kilbroney
.
house & 16 acres; just E of Rostrevor near the Catholic chapel;described as a handsome, ornamented house built by Mrs Dawson, widow of Rev. Vesey Dawson in 1814; in 1836 it was owned by Mrs Balfour of Dublin and leased by Mrs Fosbury ; leased by rep. Lady Florence Balfour in 1863 from David Ross ; residence of Col. E. Ross in 1910
V3 p 27,35 OSM ; GV :POD
Fairy Hill Kilcoo . near Newcastle going towards Dundrum
DR 1939
Fairymount
Drumballyroney
.
a hill north of Lough Ree
PNNI V6 p 163
Fairymount
Killinchy
.
a farm; residence of Daniel Ingram in 1910
POD
Fallow (The) Kilbroney . field & area name in the Mourne Mountains
PNNI V1 p 158 & V3 p 139
Fanny's Cottage
Knockbreda
.
cottage on the eastern side of Ormeau demesne;2km S of Ballymacarret
V7 p 98 OSM
Farley Kilcoo . a house in Newcastle; residence of Mrs Thompson in 1910
POD
Farm (The)
Bangor
.
near Groomsport; residence of William Speers, land steward in 1910
POD
Farm (The)
Kilkeel
29:32/17
farm, in Ballykeel townland
Farm Hill Comber . house & farm of 78 acres in Ballywilliam townard, leased by William Boyd in 1863 from Marquis of Londonderry
GV
Farm Hill
Holywood
.
to be let; house, garden & 28 acres; between Holywood & Cultra 21 Mar 1792; house & 2 acres in Ballycultra townland; residence of Mrs Ross & Lieut. Col. Young in 1852; eased by Henry N. Smythin 1863 from rep. Robert S. Kennedy
NS; POD; GV
Farm Hill
Tullylish
.
farm; just SW of Gilford in Loughans townland; residence of Francis McConnell in 1825
old b/w map E4; OFB p134
Farm Lodge
Magheralin
20: 10/58
farm; 3km SW of Magheralin near Co Antrim border; residence of M. Jones in 1837
IIW # 17302
Farn
Ballyphilip
.
proprietor Mr. Nugent in 1836; rents were 22 shillings with leases 3 lives or 31 years
V7 p 8 OSM
Farraghlumny
Magheralin
.
alternate spelling for Taughlumny townland in 1692 Rent Roll
PNNI V6 p 247

Farranfad
Farnfade

Loughinisland
21: 42/42
a townland 2km NE of Clough;click here to see its location on a map;643 acres; means ‘the long land’; in 1659 there were 14 English/Scots & 6 Catholic families here; the population in 1841 was 321 & in 1851 137 & in 1861 140 people; drainage 20 Feb 1847; I have indexed the information from Griifiths Valuations of 1863 into Surnames Index for dwellings 1-7
LCB p 81; HCDTD p38,40; DR; GV
Farrels Fort
Drumbo
20: 33/66
ancient rath; 1km NE of Drumbo
Farrenbolt
Saul
.
ancient name for Myra, an old denonmiation of Walshestown
O'L V1 p 247
Farrow (The)
Kilbroney
29: 21/20
small section of The Mournes surrounded by Rostrevor Forest
Fathom Lower
Newry
a townland 3km S of Newry on the Newry Canal; 730 acres: Co Armagh in 1999; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'the stream'
PNNI V1 p 24
Fathom Upper
Newry
5km S of Newry town on the Newry Canal; 813 acres: Co Armagh in 1999; click here to see its location on a townland map
Fathom Park Newry . residence of Richard Benson Esq. in 1842 BU 30/9/1842
Faunmore
Holywood
at 6 Palmerston Rd, Sydenham; residence of Robert Barklie in 1902
POD
Fechery Island
Strangford Lough
to be sold 16 Oct 1847
DR
Feconatt
Loughinisland
alternate spelling for Teconnaught townland in 1659 census
S P
Fedan Newry . alternate name for Fathom townland PNNI V1 p 25
Fedany
Garvaghy
20: 22/47
a townland 3km SE of Garvaghy village; 723 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' place of the thistles'; owned by the church but held by Sir Art Magennis in 1609 ; Church of Ireland here; 2 bogs; corn & flax mill & a school here in 1836; proprietor Mr Gore in 1836; rents were from 21-27 shillings an acre; Glebe House with 60 acres in this townland; 92 acres here sold by auction 8 Oct 1795
PNNI V6 p 197; V12 p 80, 81 OSM; GIC ; NS
Feeffeny Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Fofannybane townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V3 p 110

Feehary Island
Fehary Island

Killinchy
21: 52/61
in Strangford Lough, 3km E of Killinchy; 10 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; belongs to Ballymorran townland
V7 p 86 ,92 OSM  
Feely's Hill Seapatrick . in Church St, Banbridge
OGSLL p49
Fegans Close
Clonallan
29: 14/28
near Carrickcrossan townland 2km NW of Mayobridge village
Fenanstown Saul . a clachan in Ballysuggagh townland
PE
Feney
Feany
Magheralin
20: 14/59
a townland 2km E of Magheralin; 202 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; Irish Fionaigh means ' place of twigs'; originally owned by O'Laverty clan & leased to Sir Edward Trevor in 1640
PNNI V6 p 239; DDPP p183
Fenor Newry . alternate name for Finnard townland in Bagenal Rental of 1575
PNNI V1 p 26
Fenwick's Pass
Aghaderg
.
near the Co. Armagh border
PNNI V6 p 17
Feofenyagh Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Fofannyreagh townland in 1659 census
PNNI V3 p 110
Fergusons Cross
Saintfield
21: 42/60
2km E of Saintfield

Ferguson's Hill

Dundonald a large drumlin near Ballyrainey Road TMUOP p19
Fermeannes
Kilclief
.
Glebe land in 1592
O'L V1 p 209
Fermoy
Magheralin
.
name sued for Feney townland in 1609
PNNI V6 p 239
Fern Bank Holywood . residence of Rev. Samuel Alder in 1874
IIW NA T/10381
Fernhill House
Annaclone
29: 17/39
in Ballinafern townland
Fern Hill Warrenpoint . residence of Misses Anne, Matilda, Mary & Elizabeth Bowles c. 1865-1891 OFN p 119
Fernside
Kilcoo
.
a boarding house in Newcastle; run by Mrs Trainor in 1914
NWAG p 47
Fernville Bangor . villa in Dufferin Ave, Bangor; residence of James Stewart in 1901
POD
Fernvilla
Fernville
Holywood . house & yard in Sydenham Ave, Strandtown ;leased by John Patterson in 1863 from James Entwhistle; residence of John Macoun in 1902 GV ; POD
Fern Villas Knockbreda . 5 residences in Ravenhill Road, Belfast in 1902
OS map 1902 4.11
Ferryquarter
Ballyculter
click here to see its location on a townland map; Charter School erected 1817; most of the houses were thatched with 2 rooms; fishermen & ferry boatmen, the costume of which is completely nautical; important discovery of brick, tile & pottery clay, near Strangford 21 Feb 1880
V17 p 29, 30 OSM; DR
Ferryquarter House Ballyculter . built by the Price family c. 1750 ; known as The Lodge & occupied by the Prices & Blackwood families up until 1875; Elizabeth Ann Price was resident in 1863 LR 2012 p93
8 Ferry Street, Portaferry
Ballyphilip
there is a house history published in Upper Ards Journal
JUAHS p29-30

Fiddlers Bridge

Ballyculter
.
over Slaney River outside Strangford; named for an itinerant fiddler who was murdered
LR 2004 p46; Inv 2010 p6

Finers
Finard
Finnard
Finis

Newry
29: 13/32
a townland 5km NNW of Mayobridge; 607 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; pronounced Finnard; originally part of Bagenal Estate in 1575; an old bog; 2 forts; cave; old paper mill; proprietors Mr Glenny, Mr Hardy & Mrs. Renny; Presbyterian church here
V3 p110 OSM; GIC; PNNI V1 p 26
Finlieve
Finley
Finliff
Kilkeel
29: 23/20
mountain in The Mournes, 6km N of Carlingford Lough; means 'white mountain'
PNNI V3 p 139
Finlieve Beg
Kilkeel
29: 22/19
mountain in The Mournes, 5km ENE of Rostrevor
PNNI V3 p 139
Finlieve More
Kilkeel
29: 23/20
mountain in The Mournes, 5km N of Carlingford Lough
PNNI V3 p 139

Finnebrogue House & Estate

Inch
21: 48/47 
large estate & townland of 530 acres, 3km N of Downpatrick; means the white house'; click here to see its location on a map; click here for a photo of House and more details
LR 2009 p51
Finnebrogue Lough
Inch
21: 48/48
part of Finnebrogue Estate ; 4km N of Downpatrick
Finnis
Dromara
20: 28/48
a townland 2km S of Dromara;1353 acres ;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' wooded island'; mill here in 1836; Catholic church here; large cave; proprietor Mr Maginnis;a schoolhere in 1844; Disgraceful affray on the Sabbath in public house 17 Jan 1857
V12 p 63, 64 ,65, 67 OSM; DDPP p 75; DR; GIC
Finnis Bridge
Dromara
20: 26/45
over small river; 3km SW of Finnis townland
Firs (The) Holywood . residence of Miss Kate Maguire in 1943 Irish News 14/11/1943
Fir View
Aghaderg
.
fram; 3km N of Loughbrickland
old b/w map F5
Fisher Hill Bangor . in Bangor town near Ballymafee & Union Streets
GV; POD
Fishermen's Rest Ardglass . an old pub in Ardglass; still there in 1950; drawing available
LM 1987 p33
Fisherwick House Kilcoo . house, yard & garden in Shore Rd, Newcastle, in Armitage Place overlooking the harbour; residence of Rev. Samuel Smith in 1860; leased by William Henry Martin in 1863 from Earl Annesley; residence of R. Hill in 1910; click here for a photo
NWAG p22, 59 ; GV; POD

Fishquarter
Fishers Quarter

Inishargy
21: 60/62
a townland 1 km SE of Kircubbin; 263 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' quarter of the fishermen'; part of Ballywalter Manor in King Charles 1st's reign; granted from King Charles 1st to Hugh, Viscount Montgomery c. 1623; in 1659 there were 5 English/ Scots & 5 Catholic families here
V17 p 125 & V7 p 18 OSM; PNNI V2 p 88; SP
Five Lights Hill Tullylish . in Lenaderg townland; named after a cluster of houses on the summit which you can see from the distance PNNI V6 p 343, 349
Fivemile hill
Donaghmore
29: 9/36
5 miles N of Newry; the distance from Newry; highest hill in the parish
V3 p 7 OSM; PNNI V1 p 111
Five Sisters Comber . in Ballynichol townland; ancient stone megalith TOOC p17,19
Fiveys Fort Seapatrick . ancinet fort in Lisnafiffy townland
PNNI V6 p 318
Flagstaff Newry . in Fathom townland on Co. Armagh side; flag raised to warn the pilot of a ship approaching
PNNI V1 p 44
Flannigans Hill
Donaghmore
.
a hill overlooking Fourtowns Presbyterian Church
PDLHS p3
Flanigans Close
Newry
.
farm; 3km E of Newry
old b/w map D10
Flatfield
Moira
20: 18/60
farm; 3km SE of Moira; residence of William John Murphy in 1910
POD
Flatfield
Moira
.
in Ballyknock townland; school here supported by the Hibernian Sunday School Society in 1817 with 148 students attending
PNNI V6 p 295; HSSS

Flat Island

Dundonald Dundonald House is here TMUOP p70
Flat Rock
Grey Abbey
21: 54/67
rock in Strangford Lough, 3km W of Grey Abbey town
Florenceville Bangor
.
villa in Princetown Rd, Bangor; residence of E. Watson in 1901
POD
Florida Manor
Kilmood
21: 47/62
house & large estate of 280 acres, originally of 4000 acres; 2km NW of Killinchy;Lordship of Florida granted 1638 to Sir James Montgomery; 1691 purchased by Crawford family then Ann Crawford married James Arbuckle, their daughter married Thomas Whyte then Robert Gordon in 1755; seat of David Gordon who died 11 Mar 1837; effects of the Big Storm 12 Jan 1839; storm 1 Feb 1839; residence of Robert Gordon in 1852; death of Robert Gordon Esq. 12 Mar 1864; sale of furniture, vehicles etc. at Florida Manor 11 Jul 1868; court case over estate, Gordon versus Gordon versus Smith 10 Jun 1871; Welcome to R.F. Gordon Esq. 29 Nov 1871; owned by Rev. James P. Gordon in 1876 with 424 acres
DR*5/11/03; V7 p 95,96 OSM;POD; GV; DR ; DR* ; LOI
Florida Bridge
Kilmood
21: 46/61
over Blackwater river 3km W of Killinchy
Florida View
Killinchy
.
a farm; residence of Thomas Ingram in 1910
POD
Flow (The) Comber . in Cattogs townmland; residence of John Robinson in 1912
POD
Flow Bog
Flough Bog
Garvaghy
.
between Garvaghy & Magherally parishes; a continuation of Gall Bog; stone age axes found here by Derek Johnston
PNNI V6 p 208; IPP p 10
Flowe
Seapatrick
.
residence of Rev John Rutherford in 1846
POD
Flush Hall
Newtownards
.
farm; 1km SW of Newtownards town; residence of the Colville famly c. 1800 & William Kennedy in 1821 & Samuel Kennedy in 1855 & William Brown 1867-1872
old b/w map U7; FSFD p55; BN 28/11/1821; IIW; PR
Flush Hill
Drumgooland
29: 25/38
farm near Flush Hill, 2km SW of Ballyward village
Flush Hill
Drumbo
20: 31/63
3km SSW of Drumbo village
Flying Horse Down . name of Darby's Inn c. 1750; site of Downpatrick's oldest race course; now a suburb
LM 1983 p48; LM 2002 p 16
Fofannybane
Fofanybawn
Kilcoo
29: 27/28
a townland in the foothills of the Mournes, on the Goward road; 940 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' a white place abounding with thistles' ; held by Brian Magennis in 1611 then Edward Trevor of Rosstrevor & Wiliam Smith of Ballymaginaghy in 1620
PNNI V3 p 99, 110; HCDTD p141
Fofannyreagh
Kilcoo
29: 27/33
a townland on the foothills of the Mournes, 1km SW of Kilcoo; 1199 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' a grey place abounding with thistles' ; held by Brian Magennis in 1611 then Edward Trevor of Rosstrevor & Wiliam Smith of Ballymaginaghy in 1620
PNNI V3 p 110; HCDTD p141
Folly Bridge Bangor  . over stream just as it runs into Ballyholme Bay over Ballyholme Road OS map 1901 2.06
Folly Castle
Ballytrustan
.
near the entrance to Strangford Lough; 2km SE of Portaferry
old b/w map R16
Fonthill Bangor . house & farm of 45 acres in Ballyvarnet townland; leased by William H. Moore in 1863 from Robert E.Ward
GV
Ford (The) Comber . residence of Charles Blakiston-Houston in 1912
POD
Foreland Point
Donaghadee
15:60/81
rocky point 1km N of Donaghadee town
PNNI V2 p 195
Forest Brook Kilbroney . house & 35 acres in Newtown townland; leased by Francis Carvill & son in 1863 from Charlotte Ross ; a dyeing & finishing works here in 1886; Mill owned by J. Crawley in 1910 GV; POD
Forge Bridge
Magheralin
.
in Drumcro townland over River Lagan
PNNI V6 p 237, 252
Forge The
?
.
residence of William Close in 1791
IIW V4
Forgys Close
Drumballyroney
.
farm; 3km NE of Rathfriland
old b/w map F10
Forks (The)
Clonduff
29: 25/23
part of The Mournes, near Shanlieve, 6km SE of Hilltown
 PNNI V3 p 139
Forks (The)
Kilkeel
29: 32/21
on the slopes of The Mournes where two streams meet, 5km WNW of Annalong
 PNNI V3 p 139
Fork River
Kilkeel
29: 32/20
rises in The Mournes, and runs S into Mullagh River; photo of bridge available
MMM p26
Formal
For Mule
Kilkeel
29: 23/17
mountain on the slopes of The Mournes, 3km N of Carlingford Lough
PNNI V3 p 139
Forminan
Inch
 .
see Terminan
 .
Forshilly
Ballyphilip
.
proprietor in 1836 was Mr. Nugent; 22 shillings rent & leases were 3 lives or 31 years;
V7 p 8 OSM
Fort (The) Aghaderg . in Lisnatierney townland; residence of Patrick Craney Esq. in 1910
POD
Fort (The) Bangor  . in Carnalea; residence of Robert Atkison in 1901 POD
Fort (The)
Garvaghy
20: 20/44
farm; 4km S of Garvaghy village
 .
Fort (The)
Kilkeel
29: 35/19
house & farm of 36 acres in Dunnaman townland; near ancient rath, 3km SW of Annalong; leased by Joseph Henry Blecher in 1863 from John S.Moore & residence of Mrs Boyle in 1876
POD; GV; NLAT
Fort
Killyleagh
farm; 4km NW of Killyleagh town; Gilmore family here in 1887
old b/w map R11; MID p 113
Fort (The)
Saintfield
21: 42/60
farm, 2km NE of Saintfield
Fort Breda
Knockbreda
.
just N of Newtownbreda town; residence of Thomas D. Crawford in 1886
old b/w map Q7; POD
Fortesque
Donaghcloney
2 acres, in south of Ballygunaghan townland near Blackskull; owned by Sir Faithful Fortescue in 1609; residence of William Smyth Henry Dale & in 1910; school here in 1836
PNNI V6 p 98;OFB p150; V12 p61,100 OSM; POD
Forest (The)
Moira
20: 15/59
farm; in Ballymagaraghan townland
 .
Fort Hill Ballyhalbert . near Ballygraffan townland
PNNI V2 p 111
Fort Hill
Bangor
.
house & farm of 32 acres; 1km SW of Bangor town; leased by Patrick Henderson in 1863 from Lord Dufferin & Claneboye
old b/w map V6; GV
Fort Hill
Dromore
20: 20/56
farm; 2km N of Dromore in Listullycurran townland
PNNI V6 p 137
Fort Hill
Magherally
.
farm; 4km NE of Banbridge; residence of Miss Jane Lindsay in 1864 Mrs Isabella Davis in 1866
old b/w map H6; MIs
Fort House Blaris in Lisburn; residence of of John D. Barbour in 1886
POD
Fort House
Aghaderg
.
farm; in Lisnatierney townland near Tierny Fort (an ancient rath)
PNNI V6 p 48
Fort House
Dromara
20: 30/48
farm; 3km SE of Dromara
 .
Fortland House Moira . north of Moira; residence of Robert McCullough in 1864
Jim Lyttle
Fort View Aghaderg . farm; 2km SW of Banbridge; residence of T.C. Rogers in 1910
old b/w map F6; POD
Fort View
Annahilt
20: 31/57
farm; near Carricknadarriff townland overlooking Lough Erne
Fort View House
Saintfield
20; 39/58
farm; in Tonaghmore townland; 2km SW of Saintfield on the road to Ballynahinch; residence of Afred Patterson in 1910
POD
Fort William
Annahilt
20: 29/56
farm; 1km W of Annahilt village
Fort William
Dromore
20: 23/53
farm; 4km E of Dromore on Ballynahinch road
Fort William
Moira
20: 18/58
farm; 3km SE of Moira; residence of George Erwin in 1910
POD
Fort William House
Moira
20: 13/60
farm; 2km W of Moira
Fosenybane Kilcoo . alternate spelling for Fofannybane townland in 1659 census PNNI V3 p 110
Fountainville Cottages Knockbreda . 7 cottages in Gilnahirk Rd, East Belfast in 1902; b/w photo available
POD; ACC p26,42
Fountain Villas Knockbreda . 2 large semi-detached houses at 107-109 Kings Rd, Knockdene area ; built 1885; residence of Mrs Uprichard, George Kingsberry & Mrs McKibbin ; b/w photos available
OS map 1902 5.09; ACC p10,12,13,16
Fountainville Seapatrick . in Newry Rd, Banbridge; residence of G. Coburn in 1910
POD
Four-mile House
Donaghcloney
armed band threatening a farmer. Mr Carsewell of Annaghban near Four-mile House 15 Jan 1870
DR
Four Mile House
Donaghmore
29: 9/35
farm, 4 miles N of Newry town in Ringclare townland ; residence of Hamilton Kerr in 1824 & Ralph Todd in 1872
OFN p 212; PNNI V1 p 111; IIW V4 p72
Four Roads
Kilmegan
29: 36/38
crossroad in Magherasaul townland on Clough road; school in 1836
V3 p 59 OSM  
Fourtowns
Donaghmore
29: 8/39
a crossroad 5km SW of Loughbrickland; Presbyterian church here; Fourtowns National School here; 4 townlands are Ballymacrattymore, Ballymacrattybeg, Killysavan & Carrickdrumman
GIPR
Four Winds
Knockbreda
20: 36/70
1km SW of Newtownbreda; in 2001 part of Newtownbreda suburbs
Fowlers Bridge
Drumgooland
29: 24/39
over Drumadonnell River, 1km SW of Moneyslane
Fox Fort Hillsborough . name of the earliest settlement in the area;home of Magennis clan ODHD p3
Fox Lodge
Knockbreda
.
farm; near Ormeau estate
old b/w map Q6
Franciscan Cross
Kilmegan
20: 34/43
9km N of Castlewellan in Dromara Hills
Frankfort
Donaghmore
29: 9/36
forest & farm house; in Maddydrumbrist townland; 7km S of Loughbrickland; ancient rath here; owned by Thomas Fortescue Esq in 1764 & T. Corry Esq. in 1836 and leased by Mrs Innes; residence of Patrick O'Hara in 1882
V3 p 7, 8 OSM; PNNI V1 p 111; AIPD
Frankville
Saul
.
a villa, 2km NE of Downpatrick near Quoile Quay ; built by William Trotter in 1790 for his wife Frances Lascelles; now called Quoile House ; photo available
old b/w map P15; LR 2006 p13; LM 1983 p48 ; DR 28/8.1980 p11* ; LM 1985 p4,9; LM 1996 p49
Freagh Kilclief . alternate Gaelic name for Cariff
Inv 2001 p 10
French House
Drumbo
.
residence of Mrs Mary Wilson in 1854
IIW #69398
Fruit Hill
Hillsborough
20: 25/61
farm; 1km NW of Hillsborough; residence of Humphrey Jamison in 1910
POD
Fruit Hill
Saintfield
20: 34/59
farm in Bresagh townland
Fruit Vale
Kilmegan
.
in Castlewellan; residence of William Carson Esq. 27 Nov 1838
BN
Fryar's Lane
Down
.
Downpatrick; old name for Bridge Street
O'L V1 p 260
Frys Bridge
Drumgooland
20: 30/44
over Leitrim river in Legananny townland
Furzefield
Bangor
.
farm; in Ballygrainey; residence of James Campbell 1894
NC