Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Crossgar, Kilmore
Ros Davies'
Co. Down, Northern Ireland Family History Research Site

© Rosalind Davies 2001
Permission granted to reprint research for non-profit use only
Cloghskelt village

Place Names of Co. Down: Ci...- Cu.....

Ci...- Cl...Cn...- Co....Cr......Cu......

 

Place Names Parish Map Ref Information
Cillen Fort Kilcoo . a house in Newcastle; residence of Daniel J. Murray in 1910
POD
Cinteach Witter . alternate spelling for Keentagh townland in 1834
PNNI V2 p 131
Civiltown Tullylish 20: 10/49 small village; 1km E of Lawrencetown in Drumnascamph townland; Presbyterian Church here
PNNI V6 p 348
Clanagan Donaghmore . an ancient district name held in 1609 by Murtagh McEnaspicke Magennis PNNI V6 p 9 & V1 p 87 , 112
Clanawillan Kilcoo . a valley above Tollymore Park on the Byranford Road to Hilltown & below Slieve Commedagh PE
Clanawly Clonallan & Drumgath & Kilbroney . an ancient district name; in 1609 held by John & Hugh McCon McGlassny Magennis; before that it belonged to the McYawnie family PNNI V6 p 9
Clanbrassil Dromore . an ancient district name for land in Dromore are towards Co Armagh PNNI V6 p 9
Clanbrassil McGoolechan - . an ancient district name, near Clandeboye in Bangor; took i land in Kinelarty & Lecale; means ' Doloughan's Clanbrassil PNNI V6 p 10
Clan Connel Donaghcloney means ' offspring of Conall'; former name of Waringstown V12 p 59 OSM; PNNI V6 p 11
Clandeboy
Claneboy Upper
Clannaboy
Claneboye
Bangor . a sept of Kinel-Owen clan was called Clannaboye & they possessed the whole of the land in Down & Connor ; Brian Feghartach, ruler of Clannaboy 1573-48 had his castle at Castlereagh; Harvest Home 13 Oct 1855; National School here in 1863; Clandeboye Rifle Contest 11 Oct 1873; fire at Clandeboye 2 Jan 1875 O'L V1 p lxvii; PNNI V2 p 171; V17 p 134 OSM; DR ; NC ; GV; TMUOPp64; LR 2005 p13
Clandeboye House Bangor
15:48/80 
house & large estate of 381 acres in Ballyleidy townland; 2km S of Crawfordsburn; tithes of fish granted to Lord Clandeboy in 1629; original Ballyleidy House was destroyed by fire c. 1790s & replaced by a grander mansion; Lord Dufferin changed the name of the estate from Ballyleidy to Clandeboy in 19th century because of the status of the name; monumental inscriptions available UHF Vol 17; assizes 25 Feb 1843;Ball & supper, list of company 20 Oct 1855; Lord Dufferin & his tenantry 28 May 1870; ball, list of invitees 11 Nov 1871 (DR); 21st birthday of Viscount Clandeboye 2 Aug 1884; death of gamekeeper 15 May 1886; address from tenantry to Lord Dufferin 17 Aug 1889(NC) O'L V1 p lxvii; GV; DR; NC: DR; BM; SFSOK p43, 101; MIs; PNNI V2 p 171
Clanduff Clonduff .
alternate spelling for Clonduff in 1744
PNNI V3 p 75
Clankilvoragh Magheralin
a townland 4km W of Magheralin village, in the Co. Antrim part of this parish; click here to see its location on a townland map; means' offspring of Giolla Muire'; owned by Sir Art Magennis in 1609;
PNNI V6 p 228
Clanmaghery Drumgooland 29: 26/37 a townland 2km SW of Ballyward village; 365 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; in 1659 Census it was called Clavahery and there were 8 Irish families only; by 1841 Census there were 40 families with 104 males & 134 females
DCPH p 47,131
Clanmaghery
Claremmckery
Tyrella 21: 46/37 a townland near Dundrum Bay, 5km SE of Clough; 382 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; owned by Alderman Hutchinson c. 1641 then William Hamilton 1670
LR 2006 p18 ; LM 1999 p89

Clanmaghery; Commons of

Tyrella 33 acres; owned by Alderman Hutchinson c. 1641 then William Hamilton 1670
LR 2006 p18  .
Clanmore Bangor . in Ballyhome Rd, Bangor; residence of J.W. Sheppard in 1902
POD
Clanmurray Dromore . farm; just W for Dromore town; residence of William McClelland in 1851 & 1864 & Miss Jardine of William Jardine & Co, laundry & dye works c. 1880 & W. Jardine in 1886
Registry of Deeds, Dublin; MIs; MOF p5; old b/w map I 5; POD
Clanowen Kilbroney . alternate name for Levallyclanone townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V1 p 149
Clanrye Cottage Newry . residence of James & Jane Fegan in 1845 & 1887
AIPD; OFN p 67
Clanrye River Newry 29: 12/30 original name for Newry River but now just the upper reaches
PNNI V1 p 40 

Clanrola
Clanrolla

Shankill townland in the southern part of the parish; now Co. Armagh or Antrim V12 p 138 OSM
Clanvaraghan
Clonvaraghan
Kilmegan
20:33/40 
a townland 5 km N of Castlewellan; click here to see its location on a townland map; 1241 acres; owned by Ferdoragh MacFellimey MacPrior Magennis in 1610 ; Presbyterian & Catholic churches here; Bryan O’Hear a resident in 1851; new district post office opened here 30 Nov 1861*; major proprietors in 1863 were James B. Kennedy, the Scott sisters & William H. Thompson ; sale of demesne 4 Jun 1864; field a team in Gaelic Athletics Association from 1903 ( 9/4/28R); Clanvaraghan Players performed at opening of new parochial hall at Finnis 7 May 1928; school here
O'L V1 p 37;V3 p 55 OSM: DR;   GIPR: GIC ; DR*; GV; HCDTD p204
Clanvaraghan House Kilmegan . farm; 2km N of Castlewellan ; residence of Dominck McCartan then Dr. Hugh McMullan; Father McMullan was born here c. 1800; the Murray family lived here c. 1890-1980; Rev Fr. H. Skiffington boarded here 1891-1892; sold to Cottage Industries c. 1980; click here for a photo
old b/w map J 12; O'L V1 p 78 & B p 569; PE; HCDTD p128
Clanwilliam House Dromore . residence of Dr. Marshall Weir in 1886
POD

Clara
Claragh

Loughinisland 20: 37/41 a townland 3km W of Clough; 579 acres; click here to see its location on a map; in 1659 there were 5 English/Scots & 6 Catholic families here & the proprietor was James Meslyne Esq.; flax mill here; the population in 1841 was 302 & in 1851 213 & in 1861 183 people; school here in 1836 ; Sunday school 22 Aug 1840; malicious burnings 24 Apr 1875; in 1901 Census there were 26 inhabited dwellings with population of 104 people (38 Catholic; 8 Anglican; 32 Presbytetrians & 23 Methodists/Baptists V17 p 96 OSM:; HCDTD p38; DR; MO 18/2/2009 p20
Clare (The) Donaghcloney . farm near Waringstown ; residence of Mr. Joseph Brown in 1828 NCT
Clare Moira  . a townland just S of Moira town; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' level plain'; originally owned by O'Lavery family proprietor Sir R. Bateson in 1836 ; Church of Ireland here V12 p 118, 120 OSM; GIPR ; PNNI V6 p 285
Clare Tullylish 20: 8/52 a townland 4km N of Tullylish; 1334 acres click here to see its location on a townland map;means' level plain';owned by Hugh Magennis in 1583 ; ancient Mass rock here; has a bog; small village here ; Catholic chapel here; corn mill; proprietor A. R. Stewart Esq. in 1836 ; school here in 1836; centre of handloom weaving 1880s-1901; Clare Cottage here; the village is called Clare Street V1 p140,141, 142, 143, 144 OSM; DDPP p139; UF p3,9; GIC; old b/w map G3' PNNI V6 p 335
Clarehill Moira 20: 15/60 hill & farm ; 1km SE of Moira in Clare townland ; residence of Mrs Reid Wilson in 1910
PNNI V6 p 286; POD
Clare House Tullylish 20: 10/52 farm; 4km N of Laurencetown
Clare Lodge Kilcoo . near the entrance to the Shimna River in Newcastle; used as a Ladies' Collegiate School in 1895; photo available NWAG p 71, 72
Claremckery Tyrella . ancient name for Clanmaghery townland
LM 1999 p89
Claremont Bangor . in Princetown Rd , Bangor; residence of W.J. Campbell in 1902
POD
Claremont Holywood . in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; residence of James Turtle in 1902 POD
Claremont House Knockbreda . in Knock Rd, Belfast ; residence of J.S. Shaw in 1902 POD
Claremont Knockbreda . in Knock Rd, Belfast ; a duplex in 1902 POD
Clarence Knockbreda . in Kings Rd, Belfast ; residence of Richard Baxter in 1902 POD

Clarkhill
Clarkill

Kilmegan just N of Annesley Estate, the town of Castlewellan is in this townland ; 1718 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; woods; residence of Mr James Murland, owner of Annesborough mills in 1836; major proprietor in 1863 was Earl Annesley V3 p 57 OSM; GV
Clarkhill River Kilmegan 29: 34/38 runs from Slieve Croob to Dundrum Inner Harbour  .
Clarkhill Wood Kilmegan 29: 33/39 on the southern banks of the Leitrim River, 3km N of Castlewellan  .
Clarles (The) Drumballyeoney 29:24/35 farm, 4km NE of Rathfriland
Clarn Loughinisland . W of Clough village; on Forde's estate; has a alum spring V17 p 61 OSM
Clash Bridge Kilkeel . near Annalong; residence of R. Russell in 1910
POD
Clasha (The) Kilbroney . farm; 1km S of Rostrevor
old b/w mapB13
Clay (The)
Cleay
Annaclone 20: 13/43 a townland 4km S of Banbridge;3712 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' the hurdle'; Mr Brown’s farm in 1836 ; proprietor William S Crawford Esq. in 1836 V12 p 14, 16 OSM
Clay
Clea
Killyleagh a townland 5km NNW of Killyleagh town; 518 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; Boyd family in 1858 & Crawford family here in 1819; 231 feet above sea level MID p102,108; V 7 p 86 OSM
Clay Hollows Ballyculter . along the shore S of Strangford,on the Ardglass road
Inv 2001 p 44
Clea Lakes Killyleagh 21: 50/55 large lakes ;2km NW of Killyleagh
Cleonmack
Cleomack
Cloymocke
Clonduff 29: 20/28 a townland 2km SW of Hilltown; 1153 acres; click here to see its position on a townland map; means 'playing field' i.e. ancient Gaelic Football & hurling or 'stony river bend' ; held by Magennis family in 1612 then Henry O'Neill of Co. Antrim in 1622 & Hill family in 1657; owned by Marquis of Downshire in 1863
GAA CS preface; PNNI V3 p 72, 85; DDPP p105 ;GV; TC p20
Clera Loughinisland . alternate spelling for Clara townland TAB
Clermont Holywood . house & garden in Ballykeel townland; leased by Alexander Blakely in 1863 from Rev. Henry Henderson
GV
Clibborn Vale Seapatrick site of an old bleachworks on the River Bann; the old mill-race and sluice gates are now featured at the edge of the Banbridge town centre BIH p 16 & Mc
Clifden Holywood house & yard in Ballykeel townland, Holywood Rd, Strandtown, residence of James Ireland in 1852; leased by John Finlay in 1863 from isabella Purvis; residence of R.J.Dawson in 1902 POD;GV; POD
Clifton Bangor . house & 3 acres; in Corporation townland near Bangor town; leased by David Connor in 1863 from Robert E. Ward; site of recreation grounds GV; Bangor p17
Clifton Lodge Kilcoo . a posting establishment run by Paxton Morrison in 1910; a boarding house in Newcastle ; run by Mrs Morrison in 1914 POD; NWAG p 47
Clifton Ville Holywood . house & farm of 51 acres in Knocknagoney townland;residence of Rev. William Gibson in 1852; leased by David McCance in 1863 from John Harrison POD; GV
Clinen Knockbreda . in Barnetts Rd, Knock; residence of Mrs Close & Frank Gibson in 1902 POD

Clintagh
Clintaugh
Clintough

Annahilt
20: 30/54 
see Cluntagh .
Clintanagullion Clintinagooland
Dromara alternate spelling for Clontanagullion townland in 1836 V12 p 65 OSM; BH

Clintincally Clintonecally

Comber . alternate spelling for Clontonkelly townland .
Clintinglare
Clintnaglare
Cluntunaglare
Kilmore . alternate spelling for Clontaghnaglar townland .
Clintonville Bangor . duplex; residence of J. Clugston & William Mcclinton in 1902
POD
Cloghachorcha Kilkeel 29: 23/18 stepping stones, on the slopes of the Mournes, 6km E of Rostrevor near Rocky Mountain
CM ; PNNI V3 p 129
Cloghadda Clonallan 29: 15/24 ancient standing stone in Tamnaharry townland, on the slopes of Slieveacarnane in The Mournes, 6km N of Warrenpoint
PNNI V3 p 130 
Cloghanramer
Cloghanrawer
Newry a townland 3km N of Newry town; 510 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' thick stone causeway; originally part of Bagenal Estate; proprietors Mr Gorden & Mr Henan in 1836; poor quality land in the middle but east & west fertile; caves with antiquities;Rochvale school established 1824; Mr Greer of the coach company holds 100 acres in the west in 1836 V3 p 81,106 OSM PNNI V1 p 14; DDPP p2
Cloghead Drumballyroney . farm; in Annahunshigo townland, near Muddock River PNNI V6 p 154
Clogher Head Ardglass 21: 57/39 2km N of Ardglass on the Irish Sea; shipwreck of sloop 'Isabella' off Killough 31 Dec 1836 DR
Clogher Down a townland 2km SE of Downpatrick; 376 acres: click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' stony'; owned by Lord Bangor in 1836; 10 houses; 9 families employed in agriculure; 27 males & 33 females; 1 professional & 3 servants; Clogher Clergy & parishes- book available V17 p 52, 56HCPCI p288; OFD p XI; O'L B p 140
Clogher Cottage Down . in Clogher townland
LM 1992 p41 map
Clogher Hall Down . reisence of John McNabb in 1898
Irish World
Clogher House Down . in Clogher townland on Old Racecourse Road
LM 1992 p41 map
Clogher Drumbo 20: 29/63 a townland of 310 acres; 2km SE of Lisburn; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' stony'; in 1833 there were 44 houses & 39 families; 20 families employed in agriculture & 13 in trade; 102 males & 104 females; 7 servants;
V7 p 60, 62 OSM; HCPCI p288  
Clogher Magheralin a townland 4km SE of Magheralin village; 145 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'stony place';
PNNI V6 p 230
Clogher Hill Magherahill . 297ft high; residence of John Beaty in 1752 PNNI V6 p230; PR

Clogher

Clougher

Hillsborough 20: 25/56 a townland 3km SSE of Hillsborough; 531 acres: click here to see its location on a townland map; proprietor Lord Downshire; agent Mr Reilly; in 1836; farms from 2-20 acres; rents on old leases 10 shillings, new leases 28-30 shillings an acre;p good land; hill 596 ft; Gall bog; click here for a charity subscribers list of 1836 V12 p85, 88, 89, 106 OSM
Clogher House Hillsborough 20: 26/56 4km SSE of Hillsborough
Cloghgarran Kilbroney 29: 20/16 in Ballyedmond Wood ;3km SE of Rostrevor; means 'stone of the horse'
PNNI V1 p 157  & V3 p 130
Cloghmore Clonallan huge granite upright stone in Mayo townland; height 3 metres, girth metres V3 p1, 18 OSM
Cloghmore
Cloughmore
Kilbroney 29: 18/17 1km SE of Rostrevor; massive granite stone overlooks Rostrevor & Carlingford Lough; means ' big stone'; photo available V3 p 49 OSM; MSWAG p 73; PNNI V1 p 158 & V3 p 130; CP 28/6/2012
Cloghram Kilmegan . a townland 1km N of Dundrum town; 756 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; in 1659 there were 7 English/Scots & 5 Catholic families here; owned by Arthur Annesley then sold to David Ker family in 1786; corn mill & school here in 1836; major proprietor in 1863 was David S. Ker; mills here in 1910 run by McCauley & Sons
V3 p 60 OSM; JML (PRONI-D1255/3/23); HCDTD p38; DR* 3/12/03 ; GV ; POD
Cloghram Hill Kilmegan 21: 40/38 hill overlooking Dundrum village; Norman castle  .
Cloghskelt Drumgooland 20; 23/42 a townland 3km N of Moneyslane village; 1034 acres; means 'hill of the stony soil'; click here to see its location on a townland map; evidence of Bronze Age settlements c. 1500 BC found here; ancient graves discovered in Mr. Doyle's potato field; in 1659 Census it was called Cloghskelta & there were 16 Irish familise only; by 1841 Census there were 136 families with 357 males & 368 females; click here for a photo of the village and Presbyterian Seceding Meeting House here; school established 1826 V3 p 22, 23, 25 OSM;DDPP p62; GIC; DCPH p 47,131; IPP p 20; ORHB p47,48
Cloghskelt Lough Drumgooland 20: 23/40
1km S of Cloghskelt townland 
Cloghy
Cloghey
Cloughy
Castleboy 21: 63/56 a townland 3km SSW of Portavogie village; 224 acres: click here to see its location on a townland map;means 'stony area'; in 1659 there were 8 Scots/English & 5 Catholic families; a small village here; school built 1828; corn mill & windmill in 1836; Presbyterian church here ; b/w photo of village c. 1940s available V7 p27, 125 OSM; SP; DR ; GIC; NC ; PNNI V2 p 79; Inv 2001 p 10; JUAHS p14; JUAHS 2012 p14
Cloughey Bay Castleboy  . bay; Swedish vessel stranded 30 Dec 1797; shipwreck sale 3 Dec 1842; shipwreck in bay 28 Jan 1860; shipping disaster 3 Jan 1874 (DR) new lifeboat 21 Mar 1885; lifeboat launced during gale 26 Sep 1885 (NC); shipping disaster 3 Jan 1874; 2 ships ashore 21 Apr 1877 NH; DR; NC
Cloghy Kilclief 21: 59/48 a townland 2km S of Strangford town; 222 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; horse race 1 Jan 1848; Murnin boat builders; murder of a child by its father 13 May 1865; Asiatic cholera 5 Jan 1867 Inv 1997 p 10; DR
Cloghy Rocks Kilclief 21: 59/48 rocks in the entrance to Strangford Lough near Cloghy townland
Clog McGorteen Slanes . alternate name for Newcastle townland in 1716
PNNI V2 p 118
Clonachullion Kilcoo 29: 31/30 a townland on the NW slopes of the Mourne Mountains 5km WSW of Newcastle ;2698 acres: click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' meadow of the holly'; held by Brian Magennis before 1609
PNNI V3 p 99 , 107
Clonachullion Bridge Kilcoo 29: 31/32 over the Shimna river ;2km SE of Kilcoo village
Clonachullion Hill Kilcoo 29: 31/31 on the NW slopes of the Mourne Mountains 3km SE of Kilcoo
Clonallan Clonallan . the name of a parish SE of Newry; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' Dallan's meadow'; in 598 AD St. ColumCille lived at Clonallan;click here information on the churches in this parish
O'L V1 p 10; PNNI V1 p 54; DDPP p78
Clonallan Glebe Clonallan 29: 14/19 a townland 1km N of Warrenpoint town; 317 acres; means ' townland of the clerics'; click here to see its location on a townland map
PNNI V1 p 72 
Clonallon Holywood . in Strandtown; residence of David L. Coates in 1886 POD
Clonallan Cottage Kilcoo . a house in Newcastle ; residence of Hugh Cunningham in 1910 & William & Margaret O'Flaherty in 1924
POD ; Louise Lynch
Clonaslee Seapatrick . in Lurgan Rd, Banbridge; residence of Norman Ferguson in 1910
POD
Clonvaraghan Kilmegan
.
see under Clanvaraghan
.
Clonaver Holywood . house & farm of 15 acres in Holywood Road, Ballymisert townland; ;leased by James Girdwood in 1863 from David S. Ker ; vacant in 1902 GVPOD 1902
Clonaver Lodge Holywood . in Circular Rd, Strandtown; residence of William Patterson, gardener, in 1902 & Robert O'Brien in 1923 POD; PE
Cloncknaverly Aghaderg alternate name for Scarva V12 p 3 OSM; OGSLL p27
Cloncranchy Aghaderg . old spelling for Coolnacran on 1663 Subsidy Roll
PNNI V6 p 30
Clondeknaverly Aghaderg . ancient townland name near Scarva
PNNI V6 p 51
Clonduff Clonduff . the name of a parish E of Newry & W of Kilkeel; click here to see a map of its townlands; means ' meadow of the ox' after a legend re the building of Clonduff Catholic chapel; mainly owned by Hill family in 1640; the 1901 members of The Harp Gaelic Football team were John Flanigan (Captain), Felix kelly (chairman), Francis Murphy (secretary), Barney McAlinden, Felix Kelly, Willie Donaghy, Francis Murphy, Ned Murphy, Tom Doran, Cornelius McLoughlin, Owen Gribben, John G. Travers, Mick McAlinden & John Flanigan; click here for photos & more information
GAA CS p 29; DDPP p105; PNNI V3 p 74; DR* 9/4/28R
Cloneen Bangor . in Ballyholme Rd , Bangor; residence of Mrs William Brown in 1902
POD
Clonknaverly Aghaderg . means ' meadow of the stalk'; old name for Scarva , 1611
PNNI V6 p 52
Clonlea Newry 29: 11/22 small old graveyard in Greenan townland; on Newry to Warrenpoint Rd; used for Mass during penal period
GIC; DDPP p12 
Clonlee Tullylish . a hamlet in Tullyrain townland in 1691 PNNI V6 p 333, 347
Clonloghan Aghaderg spelling of Glenloughan townland in Survey of 1655 V12 p 2 OSM; PNNI V6 p 41
Clonly Tullylish . an ancient hamlet in Ballynagarrick townland PNNI V6 p 332, 347
Clonmaghery Tyrella . see under Clanmaghery
.
Clonshranchan Aghaderg or Colenacran; 402 acres V12 p 2 OSM
Clonsilla Bangor . in Crawfordsburn Rd , Bangor; residence of Mrs Fisher in 1902
POD
Clontacalley Drumbo . see Clontonacally .
Clonta Fleece
Clontiflece
Clonallan 29: 16/23 a townland on the slopes of The Mournes, 5km NNW of Rostrevor; 436 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means meadows of chickweed'; the proprietor 1810- 1891 was Narcissus Batt then his son, Robert & grandson Robert; school here built by Narcissus Batt c. 1810
PNNI V1 p 72; NR 30/6/2005 p67; NR 30/6/2005 p67 ; DDPP p89
Clontanagullion Magherahamlet or Dromara 20: 32/51 a townland 4km NE of Dromara; 802 acres ; click here to see its location on a map; means 'meadow of the holly tree' ; lake here; in 1659 there were 0 English/Scots & 15 Catholic families here;owned by Arthur Annesley then sold to David Ker family in 1786; proprietor Mr Kerr in 1836
HMP;V12 p 65 OSM; JML (PRONI-D1255/3/23; BH; HCDTD p38; DR* 3/12/03;

Clontaghnaglar Clontinnaglar Clontinglare

Kilmore 21: 43/53 a townland 3km NW of Crossgar; site of an ancient chapel; in 1659 the proprietor was James Hamilton Esq. & there were 10 English/Scots & 8 Catholic families here; homicide Francis Dunlop 6 Sep 1851; click here to see its location on a map SP: SHM '94 p55; DR; TCC p 33; O'L V1 p 330

Clontonacally

Clontonically

Drumbo-part . a townland 2km NE of Carryduff; click here to see its location on a townland map; the proprietor in 1833 was Lord Downshire whose agent was Mr Reilly of Hillsborough; 24 landholders; rent from 28-30 shillings an acre; land quality middling; school established 1823; in 1833 there were 46 houses & 43 families; 26 families were employed in agriculture & 8 in trade; 112 males & 122 females; 2 professionals & 15 servants V7 p 60 ,63 & V 12 p 100 OSM

Clontonakelly

Clontonkelly

Comber- part 20; 38/66 a townland of 621 acres; 2 km NE of Carryduff ; click here to see its location on a townland map; also spelt Clintincally; in 1831 there were 130 males & 143 females living in this townland; proprietor in 1836 was the Marquis of Downshire & his agent was Mr. Reilly Esq. of Hillsborough; land of middling quality; farms were from 5-30 acres; rent was 19 shillings an acre; crops were potatoes, oats, flax;
V7 p 3, 40, 42 OSM
Clontyflinch
Clontyflush
Clonallan . alternate spellings for Clontaflecce townland on Rent Roll of 1692
PNNI V1 p 73
Clonvaraghan Kilmegan . alternate spelling for Clanvaraghan townland .
Cloomack Clonduff . alternate spelling for Cleomack townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V3 p 85
Clooneaven Kilbroney . house & 27 acres in Moygann townland near Rostrevor; leased by Elizabeth M. Waring in 1863 from Emily Reilly; residence of Capt. William Thomson in 1881
GV; POD
Close Park Killinchy 21: 46/61 estate; 3km W of Killinchy on Saintfield road; residence of John Lowry J.P. in 1910
POD
Closkelt
Drumgooland 20: 24/41 see Cloghskelt
Clotefleyes Clonallan . alternate spelling for Clontafleece townland in 1659 census PNNI V1 p 73
Clough Loughinisland 21: 41/40 a village and a townland of 396 acres;8km SW of Downpatrick; click here to see its location on a map; means ' the stone'; in 1659 there were 2 English/Scots & 0 Catholic families here; owned by Arthur Annesley then sold to David Ker family in 1786; legend of the big cat here;the population in 1841 was 59& in 1851 37 & in 1861 43 people; 3 Presbyterian churches here; Poor Law district population was 2596; in 30 Nov 1839; Anglo-Norman motte & bailey here; Ribbonmen 6 & 20 Mar 1847: market opens 27 Jan 1849: agrarian outrage on Ker Estate 2 Mar 1850; Mail car to Ardglass 31 Jan 1857; article on village 11 & 18 Aug 1860; dispensary & Board of Guardians 31 Aug 1867; Samuel Blakely suicide 19 Jun 1869; Orange soiree 3 Feb 1883; in 1889 there was a fair & a police station here with Richard Cooke in charge O'L V1 p 348 & B p 323; V 17 p 94, 96, 97 OSM; JML (PRONI-D1255/3/23); HCDTD p38,40; DR*; DR: HMNI p98; GIC ; IPP p 111; DR* 3/12/03 ; RICLD p79
Clough House Loughinisland . facing down Castlewellan Road, Clough village; residence of Mrs. William Bayes in 1856 & Martin W. Thompson in 1910 & Walrond Clarke c. 1915; on Buildings at Risk Register in 2009; b/w photo available BWN; POD; LR 2004 p23; DR 25/2/2009 p33; LM 1995 p7-8
Clougher Drumbo . see under Clogher .
Cloughey Kilclief/
Castleboy
 . see under Cloghy  .
Cloughmore Drumballyroney . . large stone in Aughnavollag townland V3 p 16 OSM
Cloughram Kilmegan alternate spelling for Cloghram townland DDW p 14
Cloughvallie Loughinisland . a lost ancient townland near Seaforde O'L V1 p 90

Clountagh
Clounteagh

Killyleagh see under Cluntagh .
Clovehill Loughinisland . farm; in Castlenavan townland; residence of William Rice in 1866
CR*
Clover Hill Aghaderg 20: 12/41 farm; 6km S of Banbridge; residence of George & John McClelland in 1817 & W. Boggs in 1910
PNNI V6 p30 ; Registry of Deeds, Dublin; POD
Clover Hill Kilkeel 29: 31/16 hill overlooking Kilkeel River, 2km N of Kilkeel  .
Clowneglare Kilmore mentioned in 1659 census; possibly Clontinaglare S P
Clown Lochan Kikeel . ancient name for Glenloughan townland .SP
Cloyomoicke Clonduff . alternate spelling for Cleomack townland in 1659 census PNNI V3 p 85
Clual Knockbreda . in Ballymacarrett; residence of Samuel M. Bryson Esq. in 1852
POD
Cluan Cottage Knockbreda . between St. Anns Ironworks & Belfast Street Tramways depot
OS map 4.11 1902
Cluntagh Annahilt 20: 30/54 a townland of 1010 acres: 3km SE of Annahilt village; click here to see its location on a map; Lough Aghery here ;means “ meadowland”; 106 families in the census without no surnames of 1823 ,54 employed in agriculture, 35 in trade; 34 servants; 10 weavers; mill; school here in 1836; the proprietor then was Major Stewart whose agent was Rev Mr Faloon, a resident; rent on old leases was 10-12 shillings an acre; partly rocky but good land; farms were from 1-26 acres; Loughaghery Presbyterian church is in this townland; there were 10 weavers who worked for Mr Crummey of Dromore; most worked as agricultural labourers for 10 pence to 1 shilling a day; a flax mill occupied by W. Kerne; crops were potatoes, wheat & oats V12 p 20, 21, 22, 73 OSM;
Cluntagh Lough Annahilt 20: 29/54 east of Lough Aghery, smaller lake
Cluntagh Killyleagh-part . a townland 4km W of Killyleagh town; 1072 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map MID p 109, 120, 164
Cluntagh Kilmore-part 21: 48/53 a townland 3km E of Crossgar; click here to see its location on a map; means “ meadowland”; site of an ancient church; school here in 1836; outrage attack 17 Jun 1848 KCB p 26:DR; BH; TCC p 33; O'L V1 p 331; HMP
Cluntinaglare Kilmore  . see Clontaghnaglar
Cluntmagoolan
Dromara
. alternate spelling for Clintanagullion townland in 1818 FR
Clutkellis  .  . ancient townland in 17th century in East Down; in Upper Clandebois V17 p 123 OSM
Cluthenderkeis ncient townland in 17th century in East Down V17 p 123 OSM
Clydesford Bridge Dundonald 21: 44/72 over the Enler River, half way between Dundonald & Comber towns .. 
Cnockengarre Saul . means' short hillock': name of an ancient Catholic church O'L V1 p 220
Cnockmeller
Cnockineller
Witter . a half townland of 60 acres in ancient times O'L V1 p 394
Coach Hill Farm Bangor
15:47/80
farm; 3km SW of Bangor .
Coalpit Bay Donaghadee
15:60/79
1km S of Donaghadee town in Irish Sea .
Cobler's Bridge Saintfield. . over a stream; 4km SE of Saintfield town; near Carsonstown old b/w map Q10
Cocean Killyleagh see Gocean .
Cochranes Bridge Kilmegan 29: 39/39 over Moneycarragh river near Moneycarragh townland
Cockcrow Knowe Dromore . a row of labourer's terrace houses in Drumbroneth townland
PNNI V6 p 122, 146
Cock Hill Blaris 20: 21/61 farm; 3km NW of Hillsborough
Cock Inn Kilmore . in Listooder townland ; site of sectarian unrest 1830
DS 1999 p25
Cockle Hill Dromara 20: 24/50 farm; 6km W of Dromara
Cockle Island Bangor 15:54/84 in Cove Bay ;just E of Groomsport .
Cockle Rock Tullynakill 21: 52/66 in Strangford Lough, 3km E of Ballydrain townland
Cock Mountain Common Kilcoo 29: 26/27 in the Mourne Mountains, 4km SE of Hilltown; 284 acres; 1662 feet above sea level; from the Irish Sliabh an Choiligh
V3 p 5 OSM ; NWAG p 38; PNNI V3 p 108, 131
Coens Fort Drumgooland 29: 30/39 ancient rath, near Leitrim village
Coety River Newry . early name for Newry River
PNNI V1 p 43
Coeystown Ballykinler . a house cluster in Lower Ballykinler townland in 1834
TAB
Coghall Newry . an ancient land division of 4 townlands in Co Armagh part belonging to Arthur Bagnall
PNNI V1 p 6
Coil Saul see Quoile
Coily Hill Killyleagh 21: 50/53 hill; 2km W of Killyleagh
Colenacran Aghaderg spelling for Coolnacran in Vestry Book of 1834 PNNI V6 p 30
Colenso's Heights Kilmood in Ballybundon; residence of Robert Stevenson in 1910 POD
College (The) Donaghcloney . farm; 3km S of Waringstown
old b/w mapG4
Collenmaxhill Dromore . in Edentrillick townland; corruption of Col. Maxwell's hill
PNNI V6 p127
Collier (The) Kilkeel 29: 35/17 rocks in the Irish Sea just offshore near Ballymartin village  .
Colligan Bridge Kilkeel 29: 31/21 over Kilkeel River near Scarden Hill
PNNI V3 p 58 
Comber Comber 21: 46/69 11km SE of Belfast; a town and a parish ;means ' the confluence', that is where the Comber River flows into Strangford Lough; click here for a photo and more information .
Comber House Comber residence of Charles Blakiston- Houston Esq. in 1910
POD
Comber River Comber . formed by the junction of the Inler & Glen rivers TOOC p16
Comber Loughinisland see Cumber  .
Comeran
Comerin
Loughinisland alternate spellings for Cumran
DDW p 14.
Comerer Comber . old spelling for Comber; see Comber .
Comglean Newry . ancient townland; owned by Newry Abbey in 1157
DDPP p2
Commercial Hotel Bangor . described as a 1st class Hotel with parlour, coffee room, 2 drawing rooms & 16 bedrooms; for sale by auction 29 Aug 1863
DR*
Commercial Hotel Comber . an inn in Bridge St, Comber; the proprietor in 1846 was Henry Bowman POD
Commercial Hotel Comber . an inn in The Square , Comber; the proprietor in 1846 was Robert Saunderson POD
Commercial Hotel Donaghadee . in Shore St, Donaghadee; the proprietor in 1846 was James Orr
POD
Commercial Hotel Down . in Irish St, Downpatrick ; the proprietor in 1846 & 1852was Elizabeth Martin
POD
Commercial Hotel Dromore . proprietor in 1910 was William Napier
POD
Commercial Hotel Kilmegan . in Castlewellan; a hotel and posting stop; proprietor in 1910 was S. Tufts
POD
Commercial Hotel Kilmegan . in Dundrum ; proprietor in 1910 was Thomas Magee
POD
Commercial Hotel Newry . in 37 Hill St, Newry ; the proprietor in 1846 was A. Dransfield
POD
Commercial Inn Newtownards . in Francis St, Newtownards; the proprietor in 1846 was George Montgomery
POD
Commonreagh Kilclief  . a detached townland near Killough Bay; also known as Knockana; 9 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map  .
Commons Killyleagh  . a townland 2km SW of Killyleagh town; 74 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; pasture land not cultivated in 1836 V17 p 82 OSM
Commons Newry  . a townland 2km SE of Newry town; 581 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map
 PNNI V1 p 15; DDPP p2
Commons Newtownards  .
a townland 1km S of Newtownards; 207 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; originally part of common land ; miltary rifle practice ground here in 1863
PNNI V2 p 226;GV
Commons of Clanmaghery Tyrella  . a townland of 33 acres; see under Clanmaghery
Compass Hill Ballyculter . overlooking Strangford village near Old Court; an observation point for early coastguard officers LWAG p 37; LR 2006 p51
Compass Hill House Ballyculter . at the entrance of Squeeze Gut; ; residence of Dr. Frederick McLaughlin c. 1920 & Mrs. Scott c. 1940 LM 1999 p48 ; Inv 2012 p17
Conallan Clonallan . misspelling for Clonallan in 1659 census PNNI V1 p 72
Concrete Villas Holywood . in Cultra; residence of Christian Ringland in 1890
MID p138
Coney Island Ardglass 21: 55/37 a townland & a group of cottages; 1km SW of Ardglass near Killough Harbour; click here to see its location on a townland map; means 'rabbits'; owned by King James 11 & in 1703 sold to James Andrews of Dublin;occupied by inshore fishermen; photo available; there were 10 families needing famine relief here in Aug 1847; owned by Viscount Bangor in 1863 V17 p 1, 3, 5, 6, 122 OSM: LWAG p 70,71; FCD s2 p 25; GV
Coney Island Bay Ardglass 21: 54/37 1km SW of Ardglass
Coneywarren Down area . means 'rabbit warren'; mentioned in regard to milk run c. 1940 Inv 2000 p 40
Coney Warren .Holywood . means 'rabbit warren'; alternate name for Kinnegar RWN p 23
Coniamstown
Quoniamstown
Cunnemstowne
Bright 21: 50/40 a townland 4km S of Downpatrick; 424 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map;paid tithes to Catholic church in 1615; owned by Patrick Russell in 1640 then then awarded to Duke of York; in 1703 it was bought by Lt. Robert Echlin for £440 in trust for minor Patrick Russell; proprietor Patrick Russell Esq.in 1836 until 1890s; Catholic church here V17 p 34 OSM; TIA; O'L B p 322, 322; LM 2002 p 64; MO 4/2/2009 p30; LM 1999 p89
Coniamstown House Bright . near the site of an ancient Cathlolic church, graveyard & hospital for infirmed; built by Rev. Charles Hamilton mid 1700s; photo available O'L V1 p 144, 157; LM 1985 p5,9
Conig Ballytrustan alternate name for Corrag townland in 1836 .
Conlea Newry . ancient townland; owned by Newry Abbey in 1157; see Clonlea
DDPP p2
Conlig Bangor
15:51/78 
a townland 4km S of Bangor on Newtownards road; townland of 637 acres and a village; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' the hound stone;click here for an old postcard view and more information .
Conlig House Bangor . also called Little Clandeboye; residence of William Pirrie in 1852; click here for a photo
POD; ACOC p13
Conlig Comber 20; 39/68 house & farm of 70 acres in Ballykeel townland; leased by John Orr in 1863 from William Mussenden
GV
Conlig Greyabbey . eastern side of the parish; area of bog
V7 p 67 OSM
Conlig Quarter Inch 21: 45/48 one of the 5 quarters of Annacloy , 4km NW of Downpatrick ; means ' otter's hollow'; owned by Southwell Estate in 1752
LR 2009 p51; LM 1991 p27

Conlay Island
Conley Island
Conly Island

Ardkeen 21: 53/61 in Strangford Lough, 4km E of Killinchy; 64 acres; linked with Ballymorran townland; click here to see its location on a townland map; derived from Connolly's Island
V7 p 86 OSM ; PNNI V2 p 18
Connollys Bridge Dromore . over a stream; 2km NW of Dromore town
old b/w map J5
Connellystown Dromore 20: 19/53 farm; 2 km NW of Dromore in Ballynaris townland
PNNI V6 p 147
Connorstown Ardglass 21: 55/40 2km N of Ardglass
Conn O'Neill's Bridge Holywood .

Conn O'Neill was the original owner of this area; the bridge is over Connswater River upstream from Beersbridge Road, and flanking Elmgrove School; photos available

Brian McCleary
Conn's Brook Holywood . house & farm of 15 acres in Ballyhackamore townland ,leased by William Bathurst in 1863 from John Cleland
GV
Connsbrook House Holywood . between Parkgate Ave and Connsbrook Ave; built early 19th century ; click here for a photo and more information OS map 1902 4.08
Conn's Stone Aghaderg . an ancient standing stone; in SW of parish PNNI V6 p 33
Conn's Water Holywood . small stream which empties into Belfast Lough about 2 km from Holywood village; named after the original owner of this area, Conn O'Neill; public works program instigated for famine relief from Conn's Water Bridge to Churchquarter & from the bridge to Ballyhackamore 27 May 1848; old timber trestle railway bridge spanning the river replaced by steel 19 Feb 1924* V7 p 73 OSM; FCD S2 p 9; DR*
Consby Bridge Newry . 3km E of Newry old b/w map D10
Constown Clonduff . in Cabra townland; residence of John Magenis Esq. in 1777 OFN p 244
Consty Barracks . Kilcoo just S of Newcastle old b/w map I 15
Cooeystown Ballykinler . a house cluster in Lower Ballykinler townland in 1834
TAB
Cook Hill Hillsborough . farm; 3km NW of Hillsborough old b/w map L4
Cookstown Ardkeen 21: 60/58 a townland 5km S of Kircubbin; 291 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; in 1659 there were 10 Catholic families only here V17 p125 OSM ; PNNI V2 p 14; SP
Coolavin Bangor . in Ballyholme Ave , Bangor; residence of John Aiken in 1902
POD
Coolbawn Warrenpoint . residence of Dr. A.E.Douglas in 1886 POD
Cooleen Holywood . in Sydenham Ave, Strandtown; residence of William H. Barkley in 1902 POD
Cooles Hill Blaris . an area of Lisburn town PR
Cooley's Fort Donaghmore . site of ancient Mass rock
DDPP p37
Coolnacran Aghaderg a townland 4km NW of Loughbrickland; 402 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' meadow of the trees';spelt Cloncranchy on Subside Roll of 1663 & Coelnacran in Vestry Register of 1834; Loughbrickland House, the residence of Nicholas C. Whyte Esq. was in this townland in 1836 V12 p 2, 10 OSM; PNNI V6 p 30
Coolsallagh Dromore 20: 17/55 a townland 3km W of Dromore on the Lurgan road; 671 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' recess of the willow tree'; originally belonged to Sir Art Magennis; residence of Lord Clanwilliam at Gillhall House in 1836 ; 2 corn mills in 1836; low ground V12 p 72, 73, 76, 78 OSM; PNNI V6 p 118
Cooper Hill
Dundonald . near Killarn townland TMUOP p60
Coose
Tullylish 20: 9/49 a townland 1km S of Lawrencetown; 237 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' the cave'; originally owned by Magennis clan; proprietor A.,R. Stewart Esq. In 1836; school here in 1836; spinning mill with 3,000 mule spindles owned by Samuel Law here in 1836; Hazelbank Weaving Co. opened 1880 at old mill; Catholic church here V12 p 143, 144 OSM; UF p2,7; GIC; PNNI V6 p 336
Coose Hill Tullylish . house & farm; residence of James Cochrane Esq. in 1819 & Robert McMaster in 1836 POD; MIs
Cooselaraderke Tullylish . ancient name for Coose & Lenaderg townlands in 1659 census PNNI V6 p 342, 336
Coosville/ Coose Vale Tullylish . residence of Joseph Law Esq. in 1819 & 1824 POD
Coothill Magheradrool . residence of Francis Borland in 1718 BPCR
Copeland Island Bangor
15:60/84 
an island of 295 acres; just offshore between Bangor & Donaghadee; 56 acres uncultivated; inhabited by Viking settlers; named after William Coupland, a Norman settler or from the Danish name Kaupmanneyar meaning 'merchant islands'; belonged to Abbey of Bangor then James Hamilton; divided into 6 farms of 45 acres each in 1836; 67 inhabitants in 1821, all Protestants; proprietor in 1836 was Mr Ker of Portavoe; at low tide rocks completely encircle the island; plenty of excellent springs on the island; graveyard on the SW coast; there was a church/chapel in early times but no sign of it existed in 1836 just an old graveyard; rabbit warrens to be let, no trespassing 16 Nov 1795;lighting of lighthouse 28 Jan 1796; island to be grazed 7 Apr 1797; shipwreck 'Rose' 31 Jul 1858; coal schooner wrekced 17 Jul 1875; brigantine wrecked 9 Dec 1876 V17 p 121 & l 7 p 19, 20 OSM ; LR 20054 p16; NS; DR: NC; NWAG p37 map; GIC; MIs; PNNIO V2 p 171
Copeland View Holywood 15:42/77 farm; 3km SE of Holywood town .
Corazon Houses Bangor . 3 houses , gardens & yards in Sandy Row, Bangor; leased by John Lamont in 1863 from Viscount Bangor GV
Corbally Down 21: 45/40 a townland 4km SW of Downpatrick; 338 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; after 1625 land seizures owned by Crolly family; owned by heirs of Charles Hawthorne Esq.in 1836; 31 houses; 13 families employed in agriculture & 10 in trade; 73 males & 86 females; 8 manufacturers & 3 servants; agrarian outrage 28 Oct 1848; sold by Lieut. Col. Steel Hawthorne to Samuel Murland Esq. c. 1853 MID p 34: DR; O'L V1 p 306, 307 ; DR 23/1/1869Hanna
Corbally Dunsford 21: 56/43 a townland 6km N of Ardglass;click here to see its location on a townland map; hill; alleged case of firing at a person near Ardglass 20 Oct 1883 V17 p 67, 72 OSM; DR
Corbally House Dunsford . 3km W of Kilclief village; residence of James Greer Esq. J.P.- death notice 15 Jan 1881 & Hugh Matthews in 1895 old b/w map P15; DR; LM 1995 p75
Corbally Garvaghy 20: 22/45 a townland 4km S of Garvaghy village in foothills of Dromara Hills;837 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' odd shaped townland';owned by the church in 1600s; bog here ; school here in 1836; rents in 1836 were 40-42 shillings an acre V12 p 80, 81 OSM ; PNNI V6 p 196
Corbally House Garvaghy 20: 21/44 farm; 2km S of Corbally townland;
.
Corbally Killyleagh 21: 50/52 a townland 2km SW of Killyleagh;36 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; wheat & potatoes grown: dangerous state of the road at Corbally hill 17 Nov 1855 V17 p 82 OSM;DR
Corbet Magherally 20: 18/46 a townland 2km SE of Magherally village;618 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' the boulder'; originally belonged to Bishop of Dromore ; lake & flow bog here; 26 bleach greens along the River Bann by 1772 V12 p79, 80, 81, 112 114, 115 OSM; BIH p 15; PNNI V6 p 261
Corbet Head Bright 21: 54/35 rocky headland at the entrance to Killough Bay
PNNI V6 p 262 
Corbet Lough Magherally 20: 18/45 large lake near river Bann; built to ensure a constant supply of water to the old linen mills in 1835; means ' lake of rushes' BIH p 16; PNNI V6 p 269
Corbetts Hillhead Clonduff 29: 23/34 farm, near River Bann, 4km E of Rathfriland
PNI V6 p 262 
Corbetts Hillhead Dromara 20: 25/49 farm; 3km SW of Dromara in Crossgar townland; residence of Hugh Massey in 1832
PNNI V6 p 262; IIW V4 p110 .
Corbet Milltown Seapatrick . village; beside River Bann
PNNI V6 p 262
Corceenan Aghaderg on shores of Loughbrickland V12 p 8 OSM
Corcossocke Magheralin . alternate spelling for Kircassock townland in 1659 census
PNNI V6 p 243
Corcreaghan
Corcrehan
Kilkeel a townland of 203 acres; 3km W of Kilkeel near Ballygowan; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' boundary enclosure'; in 1659 there were 15 Irish families living here & the owner was Richard Houston Esq ; owned by Lord Nicholas Bagenal in 1690s
CM; SP; PNNI V3 p 32; MO 5/8/2009 p6

Corcreany

Donaghcloney . see Corcreeny .
Corcreeghy
Corcreechy
Corcrighagh
Corcruchy
Newry 29: 10/32 a townland 5km N of Newry town; 439 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ; boundary hill'; owned by Newry Abbey in 1157
PNNI V1 p 16; DDPP p2
Corcreeny Donaghcloney 20: 8/55 a townland 2km W of Waringstown;1166 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hill of dry branches'; proprietor Rev H Waring in 1836; farms let at £2 an acre; most leases were 21 years V12 p 59 OSM
Corcreeny Hillsborough 20: 20/59 a townland 4km W of Hillsborough; 644 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; proprietor Lord Downshire; agent Mr Reilly in 1836 ; farms were from 1-50 acres; rents on old leased 10 shillings, new leases 28-30 shillings an acre; good land; Kilwarlin school built 1834;click here for a charity subscribers list for 1836; St Johns Church of Ireland & Moravian Chapel here; Corcreeny House here V12 p 85, 95, 99, 106 OSM; GIC; old b/w map K5
Corcrichagh Kilkeel . alternate spelling for Corcreaghan townland in 1659 census
PNNI V3 p 32
Corely Point Bright 21: 51/34 rocky point in Sandy Port; near St Johns Point
Coreystown Ballykinler . a house cluster in Lower Ballykinler townland in 1834 ; a variant spelling for Coeystown
TAB; PE

Corgary
Corgrey
Corgery
Corgerry

Donaghmore 29; 8/34 a townland 8km N of Newry town; 637 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' round oak wood'; 6 acrs of bog here; floods in winter; originally owned by Magennis clan; proprietor A. Innes Esq. in 1836 ;school here in 1847 V3 p 7, 9 OSM; PNNI V1 p 97; DDPP p37
Corkrery
Cornacreevy
Donaghcloney . spelling for Corcreeny townland in 1659 Census & Wills of 1790
PNNI V6 p 90
Cormyn
Cormeen
Newry . alternate name for Carnmeen townland in 1659 census & Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V1 p 13
Cornakinnegar Shankill a townland of 306 acres in Co Armagh in 1999
Corncrane Centre Kilmegan . in Lower Square, Castlewellan; a large two-storey building used for storing weighing & selling corn; drawing available
CTHT 1
Corneany Donaghcloney see Cornreany
Cornecar Ballee a perfect cromlech/ stone monument V17 p 19 OSM
Cornelough Newry alternate spelling for Carneyhough townland in 1659 census PNNI V1 p 12

Cornreany

Donaghcloney a townland 4km NW of Waringstown; 142 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hill of bracken' ; hill 268 ft; school here in 1836 ; proprietor Mr Stewart in 1836 ;farms let at £2.2.0 an acre V12 p 57, 58, 59 OSM; PNNI V6 p 91;
Coronation Cottage Knockbreda . in Kings Rd, Belfast ; residence of James Miller in 1902 POD
Corporation Bangor a townland of 1388 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map; 25 acres of rocky land & 3 acres of mill pond in 1836; Church of Ireland, Catholic & Presbyterian churches here
V7 p 19 OSM ; GIPR ; PNNI V2 p 162
Corporation Killyleagh Killyleagh town is in this townland; click here to see its location on a townland map; 1482 acres; Presbyterian church & general graveyard here V17 p 83 OSM; GIC
Corporation;
North & South
Newtownards . Newtownards town is in Corporation North townland (398 acres); with Corporation South (726 acres) to the west & south; general graveyard here; click here to see its location on a townland map; maily small plots of land without houses in South ; military camp field & railway station in North here in 1863 GIC; PNNI V2 p 226;GV
Corporation Arms Inn
Hillsborough . an inn & posting house; the proprietor in 1824 was Samuel Waring POD

Corrag
Corrog

Ballytrustan 21: 60/53 a townland 2 Km N of Portaferry; 274 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' little round hill'; in 1659 there were 0 Scots/English & 3 Catholic families; proprietor was Mr Camac of Philadelphia in 1836 V17 p125, 126 OSM; PNNI V2 p 60;SP
Corroggs Clonallan . alternate spelling for Carrogs townland in 1659 census PNNI V1 p 71
Corragh (The) Kilcoo . alternate name for Slieve Corragh in Mourne Mountains PNNI V3 p 154
Corragh (The) Killinchy . one of the high points in the parish V7 p 86 OSM
Correlly Newry pronounced Curly; spring; bog; proprietor Miss Waddle, Mr Park & Mr Malle in 1836;rents were £2.2.0 an acre; ony 2 good farmhouses in 1836 the rest were "less comfortable" V3 p 110 OSM
Corrgarry Donaghmore . alternate spelling for Corgary townland
PNNI V1 p 98
Corrigs Clonallan . see under Carrogs
TAB
Corrigs Maghera . group of farms; residence of William Henry , John Davidson & John Holmes in 1910
DDW p14; POD
Corriroge Donaghcloney . old spelling for Magherana townland in1691
PNNI V6 p 93
Corrobegg Newry . alternate spelling for Curley townland in 1659 Census
PNNI V1 p 19
Corrock Ballytrustan . alternate spelling for Corrog townland .
Corrys Glen Blaris 20: 27/61 farm; 3km S of Lisburn
Corrie Wood
Corry Wood
Kilmegan 29: 35/37 near Annsborough, 2km NE of Castlewellan on Clough road; residence of J.H. Moore Garrett J.P. in 1910; click here for a story of an accident near Corrie Wood in 1915; residence of Capt. G.J. Bruce 29 Sep 1936
POD; DR* 
Corryard Cottage/ Lodge Kilcoo . house & farm of 19 acres in Tullybrannigan townland; leased by William Waring in 1863 from Earl of Roden ; residence of F. Smith in 1910 GV; POD
Cortlewe Kilbroney . common pasture or waster ground in the Mourne Mountains granted to Edward Trevor in 1611
PNNI V1 p 153
Corvalle Ards . ancient townland in 17th century East Down; grant from King Charles 1st to Hugh, Viscount Montgomerie ; also called Balle Moenestraghe
V7 p 68 OSM
Corystown Ballykinler . a house cluster in Lower Ballykinler townland in 1834 ; a variant spelling for Coeystown
TAB; PE
Cosey Lodge Kilbroney . near Rostrevor; residence of Mrs Oswald in 1910
POD
Coshegane Kilcoo . alternate name for Cross townland in rent roll of 1692
PNNI V3 p 109
Cosseville Tullylish . near Gilford; residence of Misses Maria & Sarah Hull in 1846
POD
Cotfield Knockbreda . farm; on the eastern side of Ormeau demesne; 1km S of Ballymacarret
V7 p 98 OSM
Cottage (The) Ardglass . just N of Ardglass village on Green Road; residence of R.H. Carroll in 1910
old b/w map O17; POD
Cottage (The) Comber in Ballygowan; residence of W.A. Boyd in 1910
POD
Cottage (The) Donaghadee villa in New Rd, Donaghdee; residence of Miss McMinn in 1910 POD
Cottage (The) Dundonald . residence of David Connor in 1852
POD
Cottage House Hillsborough . residence of Moses Merser in 1844
IIW #46154
Cottage (The) Kilcoo . a house in Bryansford Rd, Newcastle; residence Lieut. Charles Vesey Darcy in 1872 & of Mr Neill in 1910
MIs; POD
Cottage (The) Kilkeel 29: 24/12 farm, at Greencastle Point at the entrance to Carlingford Lough  .
Cottage (The)
Killinchy
.
residence of James Hewitt in 1910
POD
Cottage (The) Loughinisland . 1km N of Seaforde village old b/w map L12
Cottage (The) Magheradrool . in Spa; residence of Rev. D. Taylor in 1910 POD
Cottage (The) Newry . farm; just outside Newry on North Road; residence of Mr. Little then Mr . Pollock 26 Jan 1828 NCT
Cottage (The) Saintfield . residence of Francis Ward in 1852 POD
Cottage (The) Seapatrick . in Scarva Rd, 2km SW of Banbridge; residence of Miss McClelland in 1910 old b/w map G5; POD
Cotter Hill Inch . midway between Quoile Bridge & Inch Abbey PR; LM 1998 p6
Cottins Bay Witter . near Quintin Bay Castle O'L V1 p 392

Cotton
Cottown

Bangor
15:54/79 
a townland half way between Bangor & Donaghadee; 1266 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; 278 acres of bog & 69 acres of marsh; flooded in winter; school here in 1836; body in bog 5 Jun 1847; railway line here in 1863; Mr. Delacherois blocks moss road re Home Rule 1 Apr 1882 V17 p124 & V7 p19, 20 OSM:DR; NC ; PNNI V2 p 163;GV
Cotton Bridge Bangor 15:54/78 over a stream on the main Newtownards to Donaghadee road .
Cottown House Bangor 15:55/80 farm; 4kmWNW of Donaghadee .
Course Bog Drumballyroney . in Cavan townland; named after old racecourse
PNNI V6 p 161
Course Cottage Down . farm near Gazebo Hill ; overlooking Downpatrick Race course
LM 1992 p41 map
Course Hill Comber 21: 47/69 hill; 2km E of Comber  .
Course Hill Down . near Downpatrick racecourse
O'L V1 p 163
Course View Down . farm; 2km S of Downpatrick; near Downpatrick Race course
old b/w map N15; LM 1992 p41
Court (The) Blaris . farm; 2km E of Lisburn
old b/w map N6
Courtenay Hill House Newry . house & yard on Courtenay Hill, Newry; residence of Charles Courtenay Esq. in 1818; residence of Mr. James Kennedy 18 Mar 1828; owned by Charles Courtenay in 1863 but unoccupied; residence of John J. McAreavey c. 1920; sold to Sisters of St.John of God by Richard Henry McAleavey in 1945 for £2000
OFN p 170, 104; NCT; GV; DDPP p20,21
Coushill . . see under Coose Hill
.
Cove Bay Bangor 15:54/84 Groomsport is on the shores of this bay .
Cove Hill Tyrella 21: 45/37 or Glovet Hill; hill overlooking Dundrum Bay 6km SW of Downpatrick  .
Cove Lough Kilkeel 29: 33/26 small lake; near Cove Mountain in the Mournes
NWAG p39 
Cove Mountain Kilkeel 29: 33/27 part of the Mournes, 4km SW of Newcastle
PNNI V3 p 131 
Cove Well Drumgooland . 1km S of Ballyward old b/w map G11
Covernuestrade Kilbroney . ancient name for glebe land belonging to Catholic church in 1623 PNNI V1 p 135
Cowalle Kilmood or Ballymonestraghe; Ancient townland in 17th century in East Down V17 p 122 OSM
Cowan Lodge Kilcoo . in Shore St, Newcastle; residence of William Henry Martin c. 1853 WJM
Cowd Castle Ardglass . a Norman castle from the 12th century built by the Savage family; it changed hands frequently. In 1578 it was taken from the O'Neills, after a stout resistance by Sir Nicholas Bagenal, Marshall of Ireland, who placed a strong garrison there and it fell again into the possession of the Irish in the rebellion of 1641; not occupied in 1836 but still intact; possibly built as part of a defensive curtain around the port; photo available V17 p 3, 11, 12 OSM; LWAG p 68; O'L V1 p 166
Cowgillaghe Dromore . old spelling for Coolsallagh townland in 1659 Census PNNI V6 p 118
Coyle Saul  . see under Quoile .
Cozy Lodge Kilbroney  . house in Rostrevor; residence of Thomas Seeton in 1885 MIs
Crabtree Hill Drumballyroney 29: 24/37 hill of 100m & farms ; 4km NE of Rathfriland in Lackan townland
PNNI V6 p 168, 180
Crabtree Hill Magheradrool . near the ruins of old Magheradrrol church on Crabtree Road, SE of Ballynahinch
MOAp231
Cragerlagh Magheralin . alternate spelling for Gregorlough townland
PNNI V6 p 242
Cragmore Newry . residence of John Coulter, a bleacher in 1824
POD
Craigacroy Drumbo . see Cargacroy .
Craigafad House Holywood . a gentleman's residence in 1834
V7 p 76 OSM
Craigagantlet Newtownards . alternate spelling for Craigogantlet townland in 1830
PNNI V2 p 227
Craigalea Tyrella 21: 44/35 rocky headland in Dundrum Bay; S of Tyrella House;
Craigalusta Kilcoo 29: 26/32 in the foothills of the Mournes 2km SW of Kilcoo village; measn ' rock of the shallow depression'
PNNI V3 p 131 
Craiganadam Donaghadee
15:60/76
rocks just off shore near Millisle village .
Craiganee Newtownards
15:46/77
farm; 4km NW of Newtownards .
Craiganiller Ballykinler . a house cluster in Middle Ballykinler townland, lower part
PE
Craigantlet Newtownards
.
alternate name for Craigogantlet PNNI V2 p 226
Craigard Dunsford . popular fishing spot near Guns Island Inv 2000 p 6

Craigarodden Craigaroddin Craigrodin

Ballyphilip a townland 2km E of Portaferry; 204 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' rock of the red area' meaning a red bog; in 1659 there were 6 Scots/English & 0 Catholic families; proprietor Mr Maxwell of Portaferry & Colonel Nugent in 1836; seaweed; half of this townland, medium rent in 1836 was 20 shillings an acre; V7 p7 & V17 p124, 126, 127 OSM; SP ; PNNI V2 p 46
Craigarory Saul . in Ballynagarrick townland; name of an ancient Mass station
Inv 2000 p 23
Craigarusky Killinchy a townland 2km N of Killinchy town; 272 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; 2 flax mills in 1833;
V7p 86,91 OSM 
Craigavad
Craigafad
Holywood
15:43/81 
a townland 2km NE of Holywood town; 264 acres;click here to see its location on a townland map; site of an ancient rectory & glebe in 1615; the proprietor in 1834 was Mr Forbes Esq. in 1834 there were 15 houses; 10 families were employed in agriculture & 1 in trade; 56 males & 76 females; 5 capitalists & 17 servants; site of railway station; Belfast Golf Club here in 1888; click here for a photo of Maple Cottage in this townland c. 1900 V7 p 77, 79 OSM: NWAG p 31, 37; O'L B p 326
Craigavad House
Holywood
.
house & 171 acres; residence of John Mulholland in 1852; leased by John Mulholland in 1863 from rep. Robert S. Kennedy ; the gate lodge is under consideration for the at Risk Register in 2005
POD; GV; LR 2005 p76
Craigaveagh Rock
Craigavey Rock
Ardkeen 21: 53/61 in Strangford Lough, 4km ENE of Killinchy; 1 acre; means ' rock of the ravens'; narrow , rocky & uninhabited
PNNI V2 p 18 
Craigavon Holywood in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; residence of Sir James Craig M.P. & family in 1902, 1st Prime Minister for Northern Ireland; now a nursing home
OS map 1902 4.08; POD ; LR 2012 p47
Craigavon Lisburn area new housing estate; Catholic Parochial House here
Craigawoorish Ballee . in Loughkeelan townland; site of a Catholic Mass altar from penal times O'L V1 p 199; Inv 2000 p 23
Craigboy Donaghadee between Donaghadee & Millisle;a townland of 373 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' yellow clay' ; in 1659 there were 12 English/Scots & 7 Catholic families here & the proprietors were Patrick & Hugh Montgomery Esqs.; in 1863 it was owned by Vesey E. Knox V17 p 124 OSM; PNNI V2 p 190; SP ; GV
Craigbrain Ballywalter 21: 63/72 rocks; just offshore near Ballyferis; means ' stinking rock'
PNNI V2 p 73 
Craigcurragh Ballytrustan 21: 64/49 rocks; off the coast in the Irish Sea 5km SE of Portaferry
Craigdarragh House Holywood/Bangor . house & farm of 31 acres in Ballyrobert townland near Helen's Bay ; click here for a photo and information
.
Craigdoo Clonduff  . in the Mourne Mountains; 1317 ft above sea level; part of the principal spine; means' black cragg or rock'
V3 p 5 OSM ; PNNI V3 p 132
Craigduff Loughinisland  . see Creeghduff DDW p 14
Craig Field Kilbroney . parkland in Rostrevor town in 1836
V7 p 27 OSM
Craig Hill Rathmullan 21: 46/38 hill overlooking Dundrum Bay 6km S of Downpatrick
Craig House (The) Kilbroney . house & 2 acres in Old Post Office St, Rostrevor , leased by Smith Ramadge in 1863 from Elizabeth Hamilton ; residence of Capt. Redford in 1910
GV ; POD
Craigirodan Ballyphilip .
alternate spelling for Craigaroddan
PNNI V2 p 46
Craiglea Newtownards
15:45/74
farm; 4km W of Newtownards; on Dundonald road
.
Craiglee Rock Ardkeen caora.com
Craiglewey Kilclief 21: 61/43 rocky point near Killard townland
Craigmalady Dunsford 21: 57/40 farm, 3km NE of Ardglass on the coast
Craigmore Donaghadee . villa in Warren Rd, Donaghadee; residence of Dr. Coates in 1910
POD
Craigmore Holywood house & 1 acre in Holywood townland , leased by Anne J. Williamson in 1863 from John Harrison GV
Craigmore Tullylish . farmhouse; in Ballynagarrick townland; means 'big rock'
PNNI V6 p 332
Craignapastie Ardglass 21: 57/38 small bay ;1km NE of Ardglass on Irish Sea
Craignadarriff Annahilt see Carricknadarrif; .
Craignamona Clonallan 29: 14/24 rocks in The Mournes, 7km SE of Newry; means ' rock of the bog'
PNNI V3 p 132.
Craignasasonagh Saintfield 20: 38/60 a townland of 599 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; 3km NW of Saintfield ;north of the Lisburn road; in 1625 the area was heavily wooded; in 1659 there were 11 Catholic families only here; in 1837 there were 51 houses; 136 males & 146 females; best quality land; farms from 20-40 acres; rents from 20-30 shillings an acre; the proprietor then was Mr Price of Saintfield; fine standing stone here
SHM '86 p 32 ; O'L V1 p 374; SP: SHM '94 p55; V 7 p 117 OSM
Craigogantlet
Craigantlet
Newtownards 15:43/77 
3km NNE of Dundonald village; 658 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' O'Gamndolan's town' or 'rocky hillof the plague grave'; in 1659 there were 4 English/Scots & 2 Catholic families here ; National School here in 1863
V17 p123 OSM; PNNI V2 p 226; SP;TMUOP p232; GV
Craigowen
Holywood
.
house & 5acres in Craigavad townland; leased by Ogilvey Graham in 1863 from John Mulholland
GV
Craigramer Ballykinler . a house cluster in Middle Ballykinler townland
PE
Craigreagh Holywood
15:44/79
farm; 4km E of Holwyood town .

Craigrodin

Ballyphilip alternate spelling for Craigarodden PNNI V2 p 46
Craigroney Knockbreda . in Knock Rd, East Belfast ; residence of A. McIlroy in 1902 POD
Craigrory Kilclief . in Ballynagarrick townland; a Catholic Mass Station during Penal times
O'L V1 p 216
Craigroyston Knockbreda . in Cherryvalley Rd, Knock; residence of John McCormick in 1902 POD
Craigs (The) Killinchy . Spion Kop; farm of James Wilson in 1910 POD
Craigs Hill Dromara 20: 34/50 5km E of Dromara
Craigs Hill Drumgooland . in Derryneil townland; an offering stone from Penal times here where the coffins were rested on their way to old churchyard
DCPH p 50
Craigthomas Kilclief 21: 61/44 rocky point near Killard townland
Craigview Bangor . house; near Ballykillare; purchased by Samuel Davidson from James Adams McNeill in 1890
NDM p48
Craigwelyn Bangor . in Ballyholme Rd , Bangor; residence of Alex Craig in 1902
POD
Craigy House Saintfield 20; 38/61 farm; 2km NW of Saintfield; home of Sam Shaw in 1900
SHM '94 p3,9
Cranberry Moss Magherally 20: 15/50 in Ballycross townland
Crane Point Ardglass 21: 54/36 divides Killough Harbour from Coney Island Bay
Cranethorpe Holywood . in Sydenham Park , Strandtown; residence of George Combe in 1902 POD
Cranfield
Cranghell
Kilkeel 29: 26/11 near the entrance to Carlingford Lough, 5km SW of Kilkeel; 486 acres; most southerly townland in Co Down;click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' wood of wild garlic'; old pre Reformation church & burying groung used to be here; owned by the Abbey of Newry i n 1157; part of the Bagenal Estate in 1552 & owned by Lord Nicholas Bagenal in 1690s ; in 1659 there were 3 English/Scots & 3 Irish families here & the owner was Richard Houston Esq.;there is a whole chapter devoted to this townland in "Townlands Of Ulster" ; email me for a map of the townland; coast guard watch & boat house & lighthouse here in 1863 SP; JMLSG 2010 p14,15; TU p113+; CM; O'L B p 320; PNNI V3 p 10, 33; MO 5/8/2009 p6 ; GV;
Cranfield Bay Kilkeel 29: 26/10 at the entrance to Carlingford Lough  .
Cranfield House Kilkeel . large gentleman's residence & 23 acres; residence of Mr Shannon in 1886 ; owned by Earl of Kilmorey & leased by Mr. Sanuel Shannon 11 Jan 1889 with annual rent of £43.5.0 ; purchased by Mr. Andrew Orr of Kilkeel for £1025 or 24 years purchase POD; Irish Times
Cranfield Point Kilkeel 29: 26/10 5km SW of Kilkeel; means "Wood of wild garlic'; stone age worked flints found here; lighthouse built 1804; coastguard station; big chapter in Townlands book IPP p 7; V3 p 29, 52, 72, 119 OSM
Cranfield Knockbreda . in Kings Rd, Belfast ; residence of William Crawford in 1902 POD
Cranley Quarter Down 21: 45/44 farms, near Hollymount estate, 3km WSW of Downpatrick  .
Cranmoney House Kilmore   residence of W.H. Bingham of Crossgar, agent for Castle Espie lime 26 Feb 1876 DR
Cranmore House Kilmore . near Crossgar; residence of R.J. Moreland in 1886
POD
Crannoge Kilcoo 29: 36/27 rocky section in the Mournes on Bloody River Bridge; means ' prominet rock'
PNNI V3 p 132.
Cranny Tullylish . in Ballydugan townland; a house cluster; means ' place of trees'
PNNI V6 p 349
Crathlieve Dromara 20: 29/45 or Legannanny Mountain; deep in Dromara Hills, 1417 ft high; site of an ancient stone cairn/burial chamber
IPP p 107 
Crawfordsburn Bangor
15:47/81 
a town; 3km W of Bangor in Ballymullen townland; click here to see its location on a townland map; click here for a photo and more information .
Crawfordsburn House Bangor . house & 89 acres in Ballykillare townard; 1km N of Crawfordsburn; residence of Sharman Crawford Esq. large land owner in 1836; owned by John S. Crawford in 1863
V7 p 23 OSM ; BM; GV
Crawfords Hill Tullylish . farm; 1km SE of Lawrencetown
old b/w map G5
Crawfords Point Kilkeel 29: 30/12 at the southern end of Derryoge Harbour, 2km SW of Kilkeel town
PNNI V3 p 58.
Crawfordstown Loughinisland 21: 41/47 farms, 2km N of Loughinisland village
Crawley’s Quarter Bright proprietor Rev Mr Lascelles in 1836 V17 p 34 OSM; LM 2000 p88
Creagh Cottage Knockbreda . house & garden in Cregagh townland; leased by John A.Dupree in 1863 from John McKee GV
Creaghts (The) Kilkeel 29: 25/19 on the slopes of The Mournes, 6km NW of Kilkeel; means ' strips of land used for boolying' i.e. summer grazing
PNNI V3 p 133.
Crebane Newry . alternate spelling for Crobane townland in Subsidy Roll of 1663
PNNI V1 p 17
Creckshea Kilbroney . alternate name for Knockshee hill in Mourne Mountains
PNNI V3 p 144
Creegaduff House Loughinisland 21: 41/41 farm, 1km NE of Clough on Downpatrick road

Creeghduff
Craigduff

Loughinisland  . a townland in the Clough area; click here to see its location on a map; 428 acres; means ‘black rock’;in 1659 there were 7 English/Scots & 2 Catholic families here;owned by Arthur Annesley then sold to David Ker family in 1786; the population in 1841 was 107 & in 1851 75& in 1861 70 people; flax mill here in 1836 V17 p 95, 97 OSM :; JML (PRONI-D1255/3/23); LCB p 81; HCDTD p38,40;DR* 3/12/03
Creeghduff House Loughinisland . formerly called Perrymount c. 1840; residence of Mr. William Jennings c. 1830s
LR 2013 p5
Creenstown Ballyculter . a collection of houses with the main name of Creen in Tullyratty townland in 1828
BB Ap1
Creeve House Magheradrool . in Creevytenant townland residence of Samuel McKee in 1866
CR*
Creeve Newry  . a townland 2km E of Newry town; 266 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' a tree'; originally part of the Bagenal Estate
PNNI V1 p 16 ; DDPP p2
Crieve / Creeve House Newry death of John Ellis Esq. 22 Jan 1876; residence of David Ellis Esq. in 1881; residence of Thompson family in 1901 DR; POD; NDSR
Creevy Aghaderg a townland of 471 acres; 6km S of Loughbrickland; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' bushy place'; spelt Cervery on a Rent Roll of 1692
PNNI V6 p 31; V12 p1 OSM
Creevy House Aghaderg 29: 11/38 farm, 5km S of Loughbrickland; residence of Robert McCullough in 1864 & Francis M. McCullough in 1910
MIs; POD
Creevy Drumbo then Drumbeg  . a townland of 504 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; the proprietor in 1833 was Mr. Hunter of Lisburn whose agent was Rev. E.J. Cordner of Lisburn; 25 landholders; rent from 30-40 shillings an acre; land quality middling; in 1833 there were 47 houses, 27 families employed in agriculture, 12 in trade & manufacture; 122 males & 117 females; 2 professionals; 15 servants; transfered to Drumbeg parish in 1861
V7 p 58 ,61 OSM  ; PE
Creevy House Drumbo 20: 32/61 farm; E of Crossan townland on Saintfield to Lisburn road
Creevy Lodge Holywood . in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; residence of Eston Vance in 1902 POD
Creevy Lough Saintfield 20;39/ 57 a townland 3 km SW of Saintfield on the back road to Ballynahinch; click here to see its location on a map; ancient crannoge in the middle of the lough; 12 feet deep with a small island in it; pike, trout & eels caught in it in 1837
V7 p 117119 OSM; O'L V1 p 373 
Creevy Rocks Saintfield 20: 39/58 hill; 2 km SW of Saintfield on the Ballynahinch Road; site of insurgent encampment during United Irishmen Rebellion of 1798; described as a romantic spot in a poem by H.L. Stewart in 1865; copy available
BGHD p 153; MOA p195; SHM '98 p 31, 56,57
Creevy
Creeve
Tullylish . an ancient townland; 60 acres; belonged to John Barrett; now part of Drummiller townland PNNI v6 p 328, 339

Creevyargon Crevyarigan

Kilmore 20; 39/54 a townland of 454 acres: 2 km NE of Ballynahinch on the back road to Saintfield; ancient graveyard here;in 1659 there were 3 English/Scots & 10 Catholic families here; site of Creevyargon Halt railway station; click here to see its location on a townland map SP: SHM '94 p55; NWAG p 37; TCC p 33; O'L V1 p 329
Creevybeg Killinchy a townland of 122 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map
V7 p 86 OSM; TCC p 33 
Creevycarnonan Kilmore 21: 45/54 a townland 2km NW of Crossgar on Saintfield road; 825 acres; in 1659 there were 4 English/Scots & 24 Catholic families here; sale of land on Crawford's estate, near Crossgar 16 Dec 1882; click here to see its location on a townland map SP:SHM '94 p55; DR; TCC p 33
Creevyloughgare Saintfield a townland 2km S of Saintfield town; 510 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map;in 1625 the townland was heavily wooded; in 1659 there were 10 Catholic families here only; in 1837 there were 50 houses; 121 males & 135 females; worst quality land; 40 farms; farms from 6- 30 acres, 9 acres average ; rents from 25-35 shillings an acre; the proprietor then was Colonel Savage
O'L V1 p 374SP: SHM '94 p55 & '86 p 32; V 7 p 117, 118,119, 120 OSM 

Creevytenant
Crevitenant

Creevytennent

Magheradrool 20;36/57 a townland of 938 acres: 5Km N of Ballynahinch on the Carryduff road;click here to see its location on a townland map; means “ bonfire rock or lime kilns” ;in 1659 there were 0 English/Scots & 14 Catholic families here; owned by Lord Moira in 1782 (432 acres of arable land, 117 acres of turf bog & 23 acres of lough) ; bought by Ker family in 1802; proprietor D Ker Esq.in 1836; most were Presbyterian; with 3 Catholic families;middling quality land; farms were from 12-30 acres; rents from 35-50 shillings an acre;crops were potatoes & oats; 26 weavers sent cloth to Belfast in 1836 EMLR; V17 p 99, 103 OSM: BH; SHM '86 p 32; HMP; HCDTD p38 DR* 3/12/03
Creevyville Drumbeg . in Wingrove Gardens, off Bloomfield Road; residence of Joseph Lowry Stewart & family in 1918
POD
Cregagh Knockbreda a townland 1km W of Castlereagh; 201 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map  .
Creganeagh Moira . alternate name for Bottier townland
PNNI V6 p 284
Creighton's Green Holywood . in Ballycultra townland; a school was established here in 1820
V 7 p 76 OSM
Cremorne Villa Holywood . in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; residence of William Bennett in 1902 POD
Crems Down . ancient name for Killyvees
O'L V1 p 254
Creneys Lane Dromara . farm; 1km SE of Dromara town
old b/w map J9
Crenville Kilbroney 29: 20/18 mountain in Rostrevor Forest, 2km E of Rostrevor
PNNI V1 p 158. & V3 p 133
Crescent (The) Ardglass . built by William Ogilvie in 1820; at the northern end of Quay Street, Ardglass village; attractive LWAG p 52
Crescent Bangor . in Dufferin Ave, Bangor ; several residences in 1902
POD
Crever
Tullylish . an ancient townland 60 acres; belonged to John Barrett ; now part of Drummmiller townland; also spelt Creeve PNNI v6 p 328, 339
Crevyarigan Kilmore
20; 39/54
ancient name for Creevyargon SP
Crevyloghgarr Saintfield . ancient name for Creevyloughgare SP
Crevysarwomen
Creevysarwonan
Kilmore ancient townland name for Creevycarnonan S P
Crew-hill Ardglass 21: 55/38 farm, 1km N of Ardglass in Kildare's Crew townland ; house & farm for sale 16 Oct 1841 DR
Crewy Aghaderg alternate spelling for Creevy townland V12 p 1 OSM
Crewycknew
Crine
Newry . alternate names for Creeve townland in Rent Roll of 1575 PNNI V1 p 16
Crieve / Creeve House Newry death of John Ellis Esq. 22 Jan 1876; residence of David Ellis Esq. in 1881; residence of Thompson family in 1901 DR; POD; NDSR
Crintinnill Magheradrool alternate name for Creevytenant
TOC
Crivey Kilmore see Creevycarnonan  .
Croan Clonallan a townland north of Mayobridge; 216 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' hard ground'; a Hedge School here c. 1800; 2 scutch mills here in 1836 V3 p 1 OSM; DDPP p89; PNNI V1 p 74
Croan Bridge Clonallan 29: 14/31 over stream 6km SW of Rathfriland
Crobane Newry 29: 12/28 a townland 3km E of Newry; 581 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' white enclosure'; owned by Newry Abbey in 1157 then part of the Bagenal Estate; site of an ancient Mass rock; the proprietors were J. Middlemen, Morten Sparrow & J.C. Cowan in 1836; rents were 22 shillings an acre; school established 1834; 2 bridges; mostly Catholic tenants; common surnames are Mullin, Burns, Carr, Conygam , Wilson, Lyster & Henry prevailing in 1836; owned by Marquis of Angelsey but leased to the Needhams, rent rolls 1810-1855 in PRONI; the executors of Marquis of Anglesey sold this townland 15 May 1858 V3 p 81, 108 OSM; PNNI V1 p 17 ; DDPP p2,25; Freeman's Journal Dublin
Crockanroe Kilkeel 29: 32/33 on the slopes of The Mournes, 5km WNW of Annalong; means ' red hillock'
PNNI V3 p 133 
Crockbane Kilbroney 29: 22/17 on the slopes of The Mournes, 3km N of Carlingford Lough; means 'white hill'
PNNI V1 p 158 & V3 p 133
Crock Horn Stream Kilkeel 29: 37/25 runs from the Mourne Mountains to the sea , 5km N of Annalong
PNNI V3 p 178.
Crocknafedly Bridge Loughinisland . 1km S of Loughinisland village
old b/w map M12
Crocknafeola Wood Kilkeel 29: 27/22 forest in The Mournes, 8km NW of Kilkeel; means ' hill of the meat'
PNNI V3 p 134.
Crocknafoil Drumgooland . alternate name for Backaderry townland in 1808
IIW V4p91
Crockshee Kilkeel . farm; 8km W of Kilkeel
old b/w map C15
Croft (The) Bangor . residence of John Russell in 1857
IIW #58162
Croft Witter . farm; near Ballyedock; 4km SSE of Portaferry
PNNI V2 p 136
Croft House Holywood . in Holywood; residence of Dr J. Milford Barnett before his death in 1875 & John Phillips in 1863 & Robert L.Patterson in 1886
MIs; PR; POD
Crofton Holywood . house & yard in Ballykeel townland; leased by James Coombe in 1863 from John Simms ; residence of Mrs Hunter in 1910
GV; POD
Croften Hall Knockbreda . in Barnetts Rd, Knock; residence of John Dickson in 1902 POD
Crogher Magheralin . alternate spelling for Clogher townland
PNNI V6 p 230
Crohill Newry . school built here in 1841
DDPP p29
Crolly’s Quarter
Crawly
Bright a townland 1km W of Killough town;51 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map
LM 1999 p89 .
Cromac Belfast .
a district in south Belfast near bridge over Lagan River & Ballymacarrett & road to Newtownards
GV
Cromac House Holywood .
residence of Henry Garrett Esq. in 1857
BWN
Cromac Park Belfast .
near Fitzroy Avenue; residence of William Gilbert Esq. in 1868
PE
Cromie's Bog Ballyculter .
near Carlin & Tullyratty lead mine
Inv 999 p 20
Cromlyn
Crommelin
Hillsborough . 12th century Chapel of Cromlyn just north of town; Hillsborough area originally known by this name ODHD p3; LR 2005 p12
Cromlyn Lodge Hillsbough
.
residence of Thomas S. Howe in 1886 & R.S.Corbett in 1910
POD
Crons Hill Holywood
15:42/78
199m above sea level; 2km SE of Holywood town
.
Cronstown Newtownards
15:52/76 
a townland 2km NE of Newtownards;  236 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map
V17 p 124 OSM; PNNI V2 p 227
Croom Villas Bangor  . 2 residences between Bangor & Ballyholme Bays in Clifden OS map 1901 2.06 ; POD
Croon Clonallan . alternate spelling for Croan townland PNNI V1 p 74
Croreagh
Crocreiaghe
Newry a townland 4km NE of Newry town; 303 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' grey enclosure'; owned by Newry Abbey in 1157;site of an ancient Mass garden; old mill bridge here; proprietors J. Middlemen, Morten Sparrow & J.C. Cowan in 1836 ; school established 1825 ; prevailing names Cowan & McCullough in 1836 DDPP p2,25 ; V3 p 81, 108 OSM; PNNI V1 p 18
Croshihoman Saul .
means ' Adamnan's Cross'; off the Ballyculter Road; name of an ancient Catholic chapel in ruins in 1622;
O'L V1 p 223
Croslamuck Newtownards
alternate spelling for Crossnamuckley townland. 
.
Cross Drumgath 29: 19/33 a townland 1km S of Rathfriland; 404 acres: click here to see its location on a townland map; 15 acres of bog; proprietor General Meade in 1836; farms from 4-20 acres; rents were16 shillings an acre on old leases & 30 shillings an acre on new leases; leases for one life only V3 p 19, 21 OSM; PNNI V1 p 121
Cross Kilcoo 29: 30/32 a townland 2km SE of Kilcoo near Clonachullion Hill ; 627 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; Slievenaman mountain straddles this townland; held by Sir Arthur Magennis of Rathfriland in 1612
PNNI V3 p 100 , 108
Crossan Clonallan . alternate name for Carrickcrossan townland
PNNI V1 p 68
Crossan Drumbo 20: 30/61 a townland of 416 acres; 3km SE of Lisburn on the Ballynahinch road; click here to see its location on a townland map; the proprietor in 1833 was Lord Downshire whose agent was Mr Reilly of Hillsborough; 20 landholders; rent from 30-35 shillings an acre; land quality middling; in 1833 there were 55 houses & 31 families; 23 families employed in agriculture & 5 in trade; 79 males & 75 females; 1 professional, 13 servants;
V7 p 59, 61 ,62 OSM 
Crossgare
Crossgar
Dromara a townland of 1216 acres:click here to see its location on a townland map; means ' short cross'; has a lake, a spring and a bog; I have indexed the people who leased land in this townland from the Trevor family 1607 -1900 throughout the Surnames Index; click here for a map of Lord Dungannon's tenants' farms from 1797; 2 mills here in 1836; there was a Reading Society here in 1830; proprietor was Lord Dungannon in 1836; the town of Dromara is in this townland V12 p 62 ,63, 64 OSM; SHM '86 p 45; old b/w map J8; TEP; PRONI D778 & D/ 1954
Crossgar House Dromara . residence of Michael McCarten J.P. in 1886 & 1904 & Miss L. McCartan in 1910
POD; Irish Times
Crossgar Kilmore 21: 45/52 a townland 7km SE of Saintfield; town & townland of 534 acres; click here for a photo and more information; click here to see its location on a townland map .
Crossgar House Kilmore . just SE of Crossgar town; also called Tobar Mhuire; click here for a photo & more information
.
Cross Hill Comber 21: 47/68 3km SE of Comber overlooking Strangford Lough
Cross Hill Ballyphilip 21: 63/51 hill ;on the coast, 4km E of Portaferry
Crossifeghane Kilcoo . alternate name for Cross tonwland in rent roll of 1692
PNNI V3 p 109
Cross Island Bangor . alternate name for Light House Island in 1834
PNNI V2 p 175
Cross Island Tullynakill 21: 53/65 12 acres; in Strangford Lough, an extension of Reagh Island
V7 p 124 OSM 
Crossmore Dunsford 21: 56/41 part of Dunsford townland ; 3km NE of Ardglass; two ancient crosses here where Catholic stations were performed
O'L V1 p 176; LM 1995 p41
Crossnacreevy Comber 20: 39/70 a townland of 664 acres; on the road between Belfast & Ballygowan; click here to see its location on a townland map; means' the cross of the piggery'; owned by Lord Downshire in 1772; school here in 1836 & 1863; in 1831 there were 133 males & 129 females living in this townland
V7 p 30, 42 ,83 OSM  ; GV

Crossnamuckley
Crossnamuckly

Newtownards 21: 54/74 a townland of 258 acres ; 5km E of Newtownards;click here to see its location on a townland map; its old name was Drumchay; in 1659 there were 3 English/Scots & 6 Catholic families and the proprietor was Thomas Nevin Esq; proprietor in 1836 (& 1863) was Lord Londonderry; farms were from 1 to 17 acres with rent from 10 shillings to £1.5.0 an acre
V7 p 112, 113 & V17 p 123 OSM ; SP; PNNI V2 p 227; GV
Crossone Kilcoo 29: 36/28 confluence of two rivers ;in the Mournes 4km S of Newcastle
PNNI V3 p 134 
Cross River Kilbroney 29: 20/23 runs south from The Mournes into Kilbroney River ; means 'transverse river'
PNNI V1 p 158  & V3 p 179
Crossroads Bangor . leads to Deer Park
V7 p 19 OSM
Cross Water Kilkeel 29: 23/19 rises in The Mournes and runs S into Cassy River
PNNI V3 p 179 
Cross Water Kilkeel 29: 32/22 rises in The Mournes near Wee Binnina, and runs S into Kilkeel River
PNNI V3 p 179. 
Crotlieve Mountain
Crotley
Clonduff 29: 20/24 mountain ;in the Mournes 6km NNE of Rostrevor; 1139 feet above sea level; means ' humped mountain'
V3 p 5 OSM ; PNNI V3 p 135
Croune Clonallan . alternate spelling for Croan townland in 1659 census
PNNI V1 p 74
Crowe
Crowbane
Newry . alternate names for Crobane townland in Rent Roll of 1575
PNNI V1 p 17
Crowhill Tullylish 20: 8/53 farm; in Clare townland; 4km N of Lawrencetown .
Crown Bridge Newry 29: 10/28 in Sheeptown townland;on Clanrye River, 2km NE of Newry town; a 4 arched bridge; in 1836 a 'certain' amusement or pastimes was carried on here by the locals at Easter & Whitsuntide but with the difficulty of earning there living they ' buried such abominable amusements in oblivion" ; a Danish crown is supposed to be in a stagnant pool of water near the bridge; a few people have lost their lives falling in, drunk
V3 p 107, 108 OSM 
Crown Hotel Dromore . proprietor in 1910 was John Mulligan
POD
Crown Hotel Newry . in Hill St, Newry; proprietor in 1824 was Mary Copes
POD
Crown Hotel Warrenpoint . established in 1725; also a posting house; proprietor in 1824 & 1846 was Andrew Sim
POD
Crown House Aghaderg . in Scarva; residence of Mrs C. Anderson in 1910
POD
Crown Lodge Kilcoo . house, yard & garden in Shore Rd, Newcastle; leased by William Henry Martin in 1863 from Earl Annesley
GV
Crown Mound Newry 29: 10/28 2km NE of Newry town ;an ancient mound; tradition says that it has been the refuge for fairies and the scene for music and dancing; but more likely the fort of a Danish chief; a local says that there is a Danish (Viking) Crown buried near Crown Bridge, hence the name
V3 p 108 OSM ; PNNI V1 p 37, 43; IPP p 110
Crowoan Clonallan . alternate spelling for Croan townland PNNI V1 p 74
Crowreagh Newry  . see Croreagh .
Crozier House Seapatrick  . in Banbridge; 3 storey house; birthplace of Capt. Francis R.M. Crozier in 1791 and still standing today MO11/7/2006
Cruachan Cowey Ballyphilip . name of an ancient earthwork near Temple Cowey O'L V1 p 392
Cruckandoo Ballee . a field name meaning 'little black hill' in Ballystokes townland
LM 1983 p22
Cruckglass or Crumglass Dunsford . a sub-denoniation of Sheeplandmore in 1456 O'L V1 p 179
Cruckloughan na Dreen Ballee . a field name meaning 'hill of the little lake of the sloe bushes ' in Ballystokes townland
LM 1983 p22
Crumlin Hillsborough ancient name for Hillsborough; V12 p 88 OSM
Cruoan Clonallan . alternate spelling for Croan townland PNNI V1 p 74
Crutlieve Dromara . mountain, 1416 feet; 3km S of Dromara old b/w map J10
Cuan Ballyculter . a golf club formed in 1922 named after Lough Cuan which is the ancient name for Strangford Lough Inv 2001 p 44
Cuan Bar Ballyculter . an inn in The Square, Strangford; licensee was John Fitzsimons before 1876 then his son-in-law, James Napier until 1880
LM 1983 p40; LR 2011 p62 (photo)
Cuan Comber . house in Carnesure townland; residence of George J. Bruce in 1912 POD
Cudgel Row Kilmegan . a row of mill workers cottages built by the Murlands at Annsborough c. 1870 MO 16/3/2005 p19
Culcavy Blaris 20: 24/61 a townland 2km NW of Hillsborough; 758 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; distillery & mill in 1836; St Malachy's graveyard on Culcavey Hill; a suburb of Hillsborough in 1910 V12 p 34, 35, 107 OSM; POD
Culcavy Cottage Blaris . residence of Hercules Bradshaw Esq. sovereign of the coproration of Hillsborough in 1836 & William Greer in 1910
V12 p 34 OSM ; POD
Culcavy House Blaris . residence of Samuel McBride in 1910
POD

Cullentra

Cullintraw Cullintrough

Comber a townland 3km SE of Comber on Strangford Lough; 160 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map; in 1831 there were 33 males & 24 females living in this townland; 1 corn mill & windmill in 1836 ;the proprietor in 1836 was Lord Annesley & his agent was Mr. J. Law of Castlewellan; farms were from 5-30 acres & 2 farms of 45 acres; rent was 20-25 shillings an acre; good quality land; National School here in 1863
V7 p 35, 40, 42 OSM;GV

Cullentra House
Cullintra House

Comber residence of William Henderson in 1899 & 1912
POD
Cullion
Cullyn
Cullen
Clonallan 29: 15/31 a townland 3km N of Mayobridge; 415 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; means ' a steep, unbrokern slope';
PNNI V1 p 74.
Culloden Cottages Holywood . worker's cottages near Cultra c. 1896 PR
Cully's Burn Newtownards 15: 48/76 stream in Tullynagardy townland .
Cully Hill Seapatrick . farm; on the shores of Corbet Lough,5km SE of Banbridge old b/w map G7
Culnacrann Aghaderg . see Coolnacran .
Cultra Holywood 15:40/80 just N E of Holywood town ;storm damage 6 & 13 Jan 1877(DR); railway station here; accident at stone quarry 15 Sep 1888 ; railway station fired 9 May 1896 (NC) DR; NWAG p 37 ; NC
Cultra Cottage Holywood . house & 1 acre in Ballycultra townland; leased by Hugh McClelland in 1863 from rep. Robert S. Kennedy GV
Cultra House/Manor Holywood . house & farm of 252 acres in Ballycultra townland; a gentleman's residence in 1834 ; held in fee by rep. Robert S. Kennedy in 1863; death of James Heron Esq. 7 Nov 1868; estate to be let 4 Sep 1880; residence of Marcus Gage in 1886 & Sir Robert Kennedy in 1914 V7 p 76 OSM; GV; DR; POD; TMUOP p175
Cultra Quay Holywood . a small pier for fishing near Holywood village in 1834 V7 p 73 OSM
Culvenan Holywood . in Holywood Rd, Strandtown; residence of the Misses Birkmyre in 1902 POD
Cumber Comber . old spelling for Comber; see under Comber .
Cumber Magheradrool 20: 39/51 a townland 4km SE of Ballynahinch; 659 acres; means “confluence of two waters”; proprietor Col. Forde whose agent was Capt. Gordon in 1836; farms were from 6-30 acres; middleing quality land; rents were 35 shillinsg an acre; crops were potatoes, wheat & oats;1901 Census residence of Flynn family : Ribbon movement march 1 Nov 1845; mysterious death, alleged wife-poisoning, near Drumaness 26 Jun 1880; click here to see its location on a map; I have indexed details of the inhabitants of dwellings 1-17 in Griffiths Valuations of 1864 throughout Surnames Index V17 p 99, 104 OSM: BH; DR; TCC p 33; GV
Cumine Inishargy . in Kircubbin; residence of Dr. Samuel Parkinson in 1910
GV

Cumeran or |
Cumrin or
Comran

Loughinisland a townland 154 acres; Clough area; click here to see its location on a townland map; means ‘meeting of the waters’; the population in 1841 was 35 & in 1851 32& in 1861 25 people LCB p 81; HCDTD p40
Cumran House Loughinisland . built by Rev. John Andrew McMordie in 1839 & William Kirkwood in 1910; b/w photo available
POD; LR 2013 p4
Cummingstown Donaghmore . farm; 6km SE of Loughbrickland old b/w map E7
Cunifar Holywood . a curious sandbank which forms a small bay about 2 km from Holywood village in Belfast Lough
V7 p 73 OSM
Cunnemstowne Bright . ancient name for Conianstown townland
LM 1999 p89
Cunning Burn Newtownards 21: 53/71 village & townland , 4km SE of Newtownards on Strangford Lough; click here to see its location on a townland map; in 1659 there were 4 Scots/English & 3 Catholic families; major land holder in 1768 was John Echlin of Ardquin; 2 flax mills & a corn mill belonging to John Cooper there in 1836; the proprietor in 1836 was Lord Londonderry; oyster beds here 26 Oct 1872 (NI); regatta here 7 Jun 1879;determined suicide 5 Sep 1891 ; yawl race on Lough 24 Sep 1898; (NC); sale of a flax & flour mill 14 Jul 1794 (NS) V17 p123 & V7 p104,111,113 OSM; NI; SP; Registry of Deeds, Dublin (book 268, p383, deed 170847) ; NC; PNNI V2 p 228; NS
Cunningburn Milltown Newtownards 21: 52/71 village; 3km SE of Newtownards on Strangford Lough  .
Cup & Saucer Kilcoo . George Hanna's well cut hedge at the corner of Carnacavil & Newcastle Road c. 1910; a landmark
PTTF p17
Curlew Point Ardglass 21: 54/37 in Killough Harbour  .
Curley Newry 29: 14/35 a townland 6km W of Rathfriland; 382 acres; click here to see its location on a townland map ; emans ' prominent townland'; originally owned by Arthur Bagnall c. 1613;school here
PNNI V1 p 18
Curley Lodge Newry . residence of Mr. William Parker 19 Feb 1828
NCT
Curlys Fort Saintfield 21; 45/60 ancient rath; 5km NE of Saintfield on Killinchy road  .
Curragh (The) Killinchy 21: 51/59 farm; 3km SE of Killinchy on Killyleagh road; means 'marsh' ; residence of William Bodel in 1910
POD
Curraghard Kilcoo 29: 35/31 marshy upland, on the edge of Tollymore Forest; 3km W of Newcastle; means ' high marsh'
PNNI V3 p 135.
Curraghglass Dunsford 21: 58/40 farm, 3km NE of Ardglass  .
Curraghknockadoo Kilbroney 29: 22/17 on the slopes of The Mournes, between Cassey Water & Watergap River 3km N of Carlingford Lough; means ' marsh of the black hill'
PNNI V1 p 158  & V3 p 35
Currazon House Bangor . residence of Miss Hart in 1852
POD
Currereeny Donaghcloney . spelling for Corcreeny townland inRent Roll of1692
PNNI V6 p 90
Curryrad Cottage Kilcoo . near Tollymore Forest Park, Newcastle
old b/w map I14
Cush (The) Donaghmore . farm; 5km S of Loughbrickland
old b/w map D8