Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Ballyculter Church of Ireland
Ros Davies'
Co. Down, Northern Ireland Family History Research Site

© Rosalind Davies 2001
Permission granted to reprint research for non-profit use only
Banbridge 1st Presbyterian Church

Churches and graveyards of Co. Down A...-I...

Click on a Parish Name below to see more information and some photos.

Aghaderg Annaclone Annahilt Ardglass Ardkeen Ardquin Ballee Ballyculter
Ballygalget Ballyhalbert Ballykinler Ballymacarrett Ballynahinch Ballyphilip Ballytrustan Ballywalter Banbridge
Bangor Blaris Bright Bryansford Carrickmannon Castleboy Clonallan Clonduff
Comber Donaghadee Donaghcloney Donaghmore Down Dromara Dromore Drumaroad
Drumbeg Drumbo Drumcaw Drumgath Drumballyroney Drumgooland Dundonald Dundrum
Dunsford Eglantine Garvaghy Grey Abbey Hillsborough Holywood Inch Inishargy

click here for parish names K- W

Click here for a map of the parishes

Click here to see the references used and abbreviations

Click here for a list of churches in the current phone book and their addresses

Note: Civil Registration for Protestant marriages began in 1845 ;Births, deaths began in 1864.

Catholics were mainly buried in Church of Ireland graveyards before 1829

Parish & Map Ref Church Information
Aghaderg
20:10/42
Church of Ireland
St. Mellan's
in Scarva St, Loughbrickland; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg
20: 6/43

Church of Ireland;
St. Matthew's

in Scarva; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg

Presbyterian;
‘Old Light’ sect

in Caskum townland; just SE Loughbrickland; east of the lake; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg 20:10/42 Presbyterian
Reformed
in Loughbrickland; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg 29: 8/39 Presbyterian in Fourtowns, 5km SW of Loughbrickland ; records from 1822 GIPR
Aghaderg 20: 8/44 Presbyterian in Lisnagade; graveyard attached GIC
Aghaderg 29:6/40 Presbyterian in Poyntzpass; records from 1850 GIPR
Aghaderg
29: 14/37
Scots Seceding Presbyterian in Glaskermore townland SE of Loughbrickland; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg
20: 6/43

Presbyterian;
Seceding

in Scarva town; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg Presbyterian ;
Covenanters
in Drummmilar townland; met in a thatched cottage in 1836;the minister in 1846 was Rev. Samuel Simms & in 1910 Rev J. Gawn-Douglas V12 p 4 OSM;POD
Aghaderg Wesleyan Methodist in Loughbrickland village; a plain building built 1826 at a cost of £200 raised by subscription; inside there wasn't a gallery or pews but had forms for 150 people; the average attendance in 1836 was 40 people V12 p 4, 8, 9 OSM; GIPR
Aghaderg Methodist in Scarva Mission Hall; the minister in 1910 was Rev. Robert Gordon POD
Aghaderg Catholic in Loughbrickland town; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg Catholic in Ballyvarley townland in 1836 V12 p 5 OSM
Aghaderg
20: 8/44
Catholic;St. Mary's in Lisnagade townland near the main road from Loughbrickland to Gilford; click here for a photo and more information .
Aghaderg graveyard there is a general graveyard in Loughbrickland town GIC
Annaclone
20: 18/41
Church of Ireland;
Christ Church
originally in Ardbrin townland but now in Church Rd, Annaclone ; click here for a photo and more information .
Annaclone 1st Presbyterian; Suceeders in Ardbrin townland, Annaclone village; click here for a photo & more information .
Annaclone 2nd Presbyterian in Ballynanny townland; near the road between Banbridge & Rathfriland; click here for a photo and more information .
Annaclone Catholic;
St. Colmans
in Tullintanvally townland , Monteith village; click here for a photo and more information .
Annaclone Catholic in Milltown; every denomination assisted in building this new chapel 28 Nov 1835 NH
Annahilt
20:30/57
Church of Ireland
Church of the Ascension;in the Glebe townland, N of the village; click here for a photo and more information .
Annahilt/ Hillsborough
20:27/58
called
Annahilt Presbyterian
Windmill Rd, in Ballykeel- Ednagonnel townland; 1/2 km N of the Hillsborough to Ballynahinch road; click here for a photo and more information  
Annahilt
20:26/54
Presbyterian; Seceeders in Cluntagh townland; called Loughaghery Meeting House; click here for a photo and more information .
Annahilt
20: 32/58
Presbyterian in Cargycreevy townland on the Ballynahinch to Lisburn road; click here for a photo and more information .
Ardglass
21: 55/37

Church of Ireland;
St. Nicholas

in Kildare St., Ardglass town; click here for a photo and more information .
Ardglass Presbyterian in Kildare St., Ardglass; click here for a photo and more information .
Ardglass Methodist in Hill St., Ardglass town; click here for a photo and more information .
Ardglass Catholic; St. Nicholas
in High St., Ardglass town; click here for a photo and more information .
Ardglass
21: 56/38

old Catholic church

St. Nicholas; in Ardtole; click here for a photo and more information .
Ardglass old Catholic an official letter read out here 9 Nov 1447 O'L B p 209
Ardkeen
21: 59/57
Church of Ireland
'Christ Church'
Ballygela Rd, Kirkistown; click here for a photo and more information on the old & new churches .
Ardkeen old Church of Ireland; St. Mary's on Castle Hill; graveyard attached ; click here for a photo and more information  
Ardkeen
21:62/59
Catholic; Mount St. Joseph's
in Ballycran townland, SW of Kircubbin; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ardkeen
21: 60/59
Catholic; St. Patrick's in Lisbane townland, on the Strangford coast near Saltwater bridge; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ardquin
21:59/55
Church of Ireland off the Belfast to Portaferry Road; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballee
21:52/41
Church of Ireland in Church Ballee townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballee
21:54/41

Presbyterian; Non-Subscribing

at Ballee Bridge in Church Ballee townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballee Presbyterian ;Non Subscribing in Ballyhossat Milltown; it was started because of the Arian controversy but abandoned and an orthodox Presbyterian was founded in Ardglass; reopened 6 June 1846: public library opened 9 Jan 1937; graveyard nearby DR: GIC; V8 MIs; DR*
Ballee Congregational soiree 22 May 1869 DR
Ballee

Catholic: St. Joseph's

in Ballycruttle townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyculter
21: 58/47

Church of Ireland;
Christ Church

in Churchtown village, Ballyculter townland ; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyculter Church of Ireland Old Court Chapel; now a private chapel on the de Ros Estate with a footpath from the front gate; click here to see a photo & more information
.
Ballyculter Presbyterian;
Trinitarian
on the outskirts of Strangford village; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyculter

Primitive Wesleyan Methodist

in Strangford, Blackcauseway end ; click here for a photo and more information

.

Ballyculter Catholic; St. Patrick's in Cargagh townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyculter Catholic;
Mary Star of the Sea
in Strangford Lower townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyculter
21:54/48

old Catholic: St Tassoch's

in Raholp; oldest ecclesiastical building in Ireland now in ruins ; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyculter 21:57/51 old Catholic there is a ruined church on Chapel Island , & another on Templecormick (in Toberdoney townland) Inv 2011 p25
Ballygalget . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Ballyphilip O'L V1 p 410
Ballyhalbert
or St. Andrews
21: 65/64
Church of Ireland; St. Andrews in Ballyesborough townland, Main Rd, Portavogie; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyhalbert
Presbyterian; in Portavogie; click here for a photo .
Ballyhalbert
21:60/65
Presbyterian; Seceeding
Non- Subscribing
in Ballyhemlin townland, 3km NE of Kircubbin; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyhalbert graveyard general graveyard in Ballyhalbert village; gravestones UHF Vol 15 ; email me for a lookup GIC

Ballykinler
21:45/36

Catholic;
St. Patrick's & St. Joseph's

in Ballykinler, on the Ardglass to Clough Rd; this is a Catholic parish only; around 1860 this parish included Dundrum- see Kilmegan parish; click here for a photo and more information

.
Ballykinler old Catholic on the site of the present Tyrella Church of Ireland; in 1800 Rev. Mr. Hamilton removed the old stones to build Tyrella House and the remainder of the stones were removed when the Church of Ireland was built in 1839. The walls were undressed stone cemented with lime mortar. Two holy water stoups of freestone were found in the debris and many human bones were found O'L V1 p 129,130
Ballykinler old Catholic in Lower Ballykinler townland, an ancient chapel called Killywoolpga or Lismoghan & graveyard;site now ploughed up O'L V1 p 121
Ballykinler old Catholic in Upper Ballykinler townland; an ancient chapel & graveyard called Killyglinnie/ Parkaneety near St. Patrick's Well O'L V1 p 126
Ballymacarrett . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Knockbreda .
Ballynahinch . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Magheradrool .
Ballyphilip Church of Ireland in Church St., Portaferry , click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyphilip old parish church; Temple Cranny Temple Cranny graveyard; Church St, Portaferry ;click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyphilip Presbyterian in the north east of Portaferry ; click here for a photo and more information .
Ballyphilip Primitive Wesleyan Methodist in Portaferry; erected in 1830 at a cost of £ 130 which was raised by public contributions; plain architecture; average attendance in 1836 was 20 people; only Primitive Methodist are allowed to attend in the morning but anyone could attend in the evening when the average attendance was 50 people; dimensions were 41 feet by 24 feet; no graveyard
V7 p 10 OSM; GIC: GIPR
Ballyphilip Wesleyan Methodist in Portaferry; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballyphilip/
Witter
Catholic
St. Patrick's
in Ballygalget townland, Witter;click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballyphilip
21: 60/50
Catholic 1km SE of Portaferry in Tullyboard townland at the junction of secondary roads; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballyphilip old Catholic in Derry townland; means 'oakwood'; ruins of 2x 10th century churches close together dedicated to St. Cummain; photo available
HMNI p91; O'L V1 p 404; LR 2005 p19
Ballyphilip old Catholic in Knockinelder townland; an ancient church and graveyard
O'L V1 p 394
Ballyphilip graveyard parish graveyard in Portaferry not attached to a church; gravestones UHF Vol 13
GIC
Ballytrustan
21:61/50
in union with Ballyphilip
Church of Ireland & Catholic in Ballytrustan townland, 2km SE of Portaferry on the Ballyquinton Road; ruins of a medieval church with belonged to St. John Hospitalliers and a Holy Well in churchyard; gravestone inscriptions available UHF Vol 13 ; oldest stone dates from 1759, mainly Catholic; email me for a gravestone look-up (mainly Catholic families)
V7 p15 OSM ; O'L V1 p 395; PNNI V2 p 55 ; JUAHS 1977 p31
Ballywalter
21:63/70
Church of Ireland;
Holy Trinity
just north of Ballywalter town; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballywalter
21:62/71
old Church of Ireland called White Church; just N of Ballywalter town; click here for a photo & more information .
Ballywalter
15:63/69

1st Presbyterian
Independents

in Ballywalter village ; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballywalter

2nd Presbyterian; Synod of Ulster

a short distance from the town; click here for a photo and more information
.
Ballywalter
1st Congregational the minister in 1910 was Rev. G. Heron POD
Ballywalter
2nd Congregational there in 1910 POD
Banbridge . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Seapatrick .
Bangor

Church of Ireland;
St. Comgall's

Hamilton & Castle Sts, Bangor; at the southern extremity of town in Corporation townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor
15:54/83
Church of Ireland in Main St., Groomsport town, SE end ;click here for a photo and more information
.
Bangor old abbey
in Abbey St., Bangor; click here for a photo and more information
.
Bangor
15: 46/82
Church of Ireland;
St. John the Baptist
in Fort Rd, Helen's Bay; 3km W of Bangor; built in 1909; email me for a photo .
Bangor
15: 52/82
Church of Ireland'
St Columbanus
in Ballyholme townland , Groomsport Rd, Bangor; built in 1940; email me for a photo .
Bangor Church of Ireland;
St. Gall's
in Carnalea townland, Crawfordsburn, Rd, Bangor; built 1966; email me for a photo .
Bangor Church of Ireland St. Columba's; in Drumhirk Drive, Kilcooley, Bangor; built in 1973 .
Bangor
Church of Ireland;
Christ Church
off the Balloo Road; modern church; email me for a photo .
Bangor 1st Presbyterian in Main St., in Corporation townland in the south of Town; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor 2nd Presbyterian
Trinity
in the centre of Bangor town, opposite Ballymagee Street ; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor Hamilton Road Presbyterian in Prospect Road; congregation formed in 1897 with a church built in 1899; minister in 1910 was Rev. W.A. Hill; photo available; North of Ireland FHS ( http://www.nifs.org ) has baptisms 1897-1921 & marriages 1900-1921 Bangor p 56; OS map 1901 2.06 ; POD
Bangor Presbyterian in Conlig townland, 2km S of Bangor; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor Presbyterian in Ballysallagh near Crawfordsburn; new 30 Apr 1842 DR
Bangor
15:53/78
Presbyterian in Ballygrainey townland at Six Road Ends; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor
15:45/81
Presbyterian

in Ballygilbert ;2km SW of Crawfordsburn on the Belfast to Bangor road; click here for a photo

.
Bangor
15:54/83
Presbyterian in Main St., Groomsport ; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor
15: 46/82
Presbyterian in Helen's Bay; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor Methodist- new connexion in Sandy Row, Bangor; small building facing the sea; built in 1820 by subscription at a cost of £600; it held 350 people; minister in 1910 was Rev. R.S. Lee; no graveyard V7 p 20, 24 OSM; GIC;GV ; POD ; OS map 1902 2.05
Bangor Methodist- Centenary in Hamilton St, Bangor in 1901; minister in 1910 was Rev. James Stewart OS map 1901 2.06 ; POD
Bangor Baptist in Conlig townland; no graveyard; minister in 1848 was Rev. D. Mulhern GIC; MIs
Bangor Salvation Army in Albert St, Bangor in 1910 POD
Bangor Plymouth Brethren opening of Holborn Hall , Holborn Ave in Bangor 11 Nov 1893 NC; POD
Bangor

Catholic
St. Comgalls

27 Brunswick Rd, Bangor in Corporation townland;click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor

Catholic:
Most Holy Redeemer

Sheridan Drive, Ballyholme BT20 5NQ; modern church DDCD 2001
Bangor Copeland Islands graveyard here is near the landing stage in Chapel Bay but ancient chapel is in ruins; click here for a photo and more information .
Bangor
15; 49/81
private graveyard in Castle Park; family burial plot near the gate lodge & Town Hall; gravestones UHF Vol 17; email me for a gravestone look-up V17 MIs
Bangor private graveyard
& Church of Ireland chapel
Clandeboye House in Ballyleidy townland ; Dufferin family gravestones UHF Vol 17; email me for a gravestone look-up V17 MIs
Bangor private graveyard Balloo House Mausoleum; 1 km S of Bangor; Nicholson family since 1641; gravestones UHF Vol 17; email me for a gravestone look-up V17 MIs
Blaris

Church of Ireland; Christ Church

a Cathedral but not a grand building; in Castle Street and Bridge Street, Lisburn; click here for a picture and more information .
Blaris
20:25/61
Church of Ireland
All Saints
called Eglantine, in Carnbane townland;click here for a picture and more information .
Blaris
Free Church
curate in 1852 was Rev. H. Hodson
POD
Blaris
1st Presbyterian 
in Lisburn; Ballinderry Middle Church; built 1660 ; sermon for Lisburn Volunteers 5 Dec 1792; records from 1692
NS; GIPR
Blaris 2nd Presbyterian in Railway St., Lisburn; donation of £5 made to Lisburn Charitable Society in 1836; records from 1860 V12 p32, 48 OSM; GIPR
Blaris
Presbyterian
in Market Lane, Lisburn; minister in 1852 was Rev. Alexander Henderson
POD
Blaris
20:22/60
Presbyterian in Maze townland;click here for a photo and more information
.
Blaris Presbyterian; Seceeding in Sloan St., Lisburn; records from 1861 GIPR
Blaris

Methodist
Zion

at Priesthill in Annacloy townland ; congregation founded by Patrick Cunningham in 1776; church built 1793 at a cost of £100 which was raised by subscription; it was a plain stone, thatched building with rectangular windows in 1836 ; seats 200 people with an average attendance of 150; Rev Moses Mills minister here in 1861; no graveyard; see http://www.priesthill-zion-methodist.com/home/index.html LM 1991 p6-7; V12 p 35 OSM; GIC;PE
Blaris Methodist in Seymour Street, Lisburn; click here for a photo and more information .
Blaris
Wesleyan Methodist
in Market St, Lisburn in 1852
POD
Blaris
Primitive Methodist
in Hillsborough Rd , Lisburn in 1852
POD
Blaris Wesleyan Methodist held in a school house in Carnreagh townland; once every 3 weeks by preachers from Lisburn; average attendance in 1836 of 20-30 people; V12 p 37 OSM
Blaris
Salem Chapel
in Linenhall St, Lisburn in 1852
POD
Blaris Quaker in Railway St, Lisburn by 1836 V12 p 32 OSM; GIPR; POD 1852
Blaris Catholic; St.Patrick's on Chapel Hill, Lisburn; click here for a photo and more information .
Bright
21:51/38
Church of Ireland in Bright townland; click here for a photo .

Bright;
21:48/38

Church of Ireland in Rathmullan townland, south of Downpatrick on the Tyrella road; previously in Rathmullan parish; click here for a photo and more information

.

Bright Church of Ireland;
St. Anne's
in Palatine Square, Killough town; click here for a photo and more information .
Bright Primitive Wesleyan Methodist in Killough village; click here for a photo and more information .
Bright Methodist in Downpatrick Road, Killough ; opened 20 Jan 1838, no graveyard DR; GIC
Bright Catholic; St. Joseph's in Barrack Lane, Killough town; click here for a photo and more information .
Bright
21:49/39
Catholic;
St. Patrick's
in Legamaddy townland near Coniamstown ; click here for a photo and more information .
Bright
21:53/34
Catholic; St. Cooeys ancient ruined church at St. Johns Point near Killough; there is also a Holy Well; click here for a photo
.
Bright old Catholic there are ruins of ancient Catholic churches & graveyards in Erenagh, Tullynaspick , Ballygilbert, Ballynagallagh, Kilbride, Ross O'L V1 p 139, 150, 151, 155, 157, 175
Bryansford . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Kilcoo .
Carrickmannon . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Killinchy .
Castleboy Church of Ireland & Catholic the original church near to the ruin of the castle, was destroyed before 1744; it was aligned to St. John Hospitalliers V7 p 27 OSM; PNNI V2 p 78
Castleboy/ Slanes 21:63/56 Presbyterian in Cloghy village; click here for a photo .
Clonallan
29:15/20
Church of Ireland near Warrenpoint in the Glebe;click here for a photo and more information .
Clonallan Presbyterian; Seceeding in Narrowwater GIPR
Clonallan
29:15/26

Catholic;
St. Patrick's

in Mayo townland, on the main road between Warrenpoint and Rathfriland; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonallan Catholic;St.Mary's in Burren townland; click here for a photo and more information
.
Clonduff
29:21/29
Church of Ireland;
St. John's
in the main street of Hilltown on the northern side; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonduff Presbyterian in the main street of Hilltown on the southern side; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonduff Ballynagappog Presbyterian called Clonduff Presbyterian; about 5kms from Rathfriland on the Bannfield Road accessed via Ballynagappoge Road, heading towards Castlewellan; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonduff Catholic ; Church of Blessed Virgin (St.Mary's) in Cabragh townland, 4 km E of Rathfriland on the Kilcoo road ; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonduff Catholic; St. John the Baptist in Ballygorian Beg, on Rathfriland Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonduff Catholic; St. John the Evangelist in Ballymaghery townland, just outside Hilltown on the Kilcoo/ Castlewellan Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Clonduff old Catholic & graveyard in Ballyaughian townland on the Bryansford Rd; click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber
15:46/69

Church of Ireland:
St. Mary's

behind Newtown Street at the E end of town near The Square; click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber

Church of Ireland; graveyards

one in Saintfield Road & the other in Knockbranagh Street; gravestone inscriptions available UHF V5 MI
Comber 1st Presbyterian in High Street, in Town Parks; click here to see a photo and more information .
Comber 2nd Presbyterian in Market/Killinchy St, Comber; click here to see a photo and more information
.
Comber Presbyterian; Non Subscribing / Remonstrant between High & Mill Sts, Comber in Town Parks; behind the 1st Presbyterian; click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber
21:41/67

Presbyterian:
Non Subscribing

in Moneyrea townland; click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber
21:41/69

Presbyterian:
Covenanters

in Gransha townland, 54 Gransha Road, Comber; click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber Methodist in Newtown Street on the E side of town; click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber Wesleyan Methodist in Bridge St, Comber; records from 1870; no graveyard
GIPR: GIC;GV
Comber Salvation Army in Mill St, Comber; open by 1912
ACOC p33
Comber Catholic;
Our Lady of the Visitation
The Crescent, on the east side of Killinchy St;click here for a photo and more information
.
Comber general graveyard south side of Newtownards Road in Town Parks townland; opened 1894; gravestone inscriptions UHF Vol 5
V5 MIs; ACOC p95 (photo)
Donaghadee Church of Ireland just to the W of Main Street in Church Place ;click here for a photo and more information
.
Donaghadee Church of Ireland;
Christ Church
in Woodburn Rd, Carrowdore, Drumfad townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghadee Church of Ireland St. Patrick's; in Main St, Millisle; built in 1953; email me for a photo .
Donaghadee
15:59/79
1st Presbyterian in the centre of Donaghadee town in High Street next to the Town Hall; click here for a photo and more information
.
Donaghadee
15: 59/80
2nd Presbyterian at the northern extremity of Donaghadee town in Warren Road/ Shore Street, on the sea shore; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghadee old Presbyterian on the Ordnance Survey map of 1836 there is a ruined Presbyterian meeting house in the SE end of town
V7 p 46 OSM
Donaghadee Presbyterian in Ballyrawer townland; built in 1832 and paid for by general subscription; held 300 people & measured 55 feet by 28 feet; no graveyard
V7 p 49 OSM; GIC;GV
Donaghadee
15:60/76
Presbyterian in Millisle village, Ballymacruise townland; click here for a photo and more information
.
Donaghadee
15:60/76

Presbyterian;
Seceders

in Millisle village, Ballycopeland townland; click here for a photo and more information
.
Donaghadee
15:58/74
Presbyterian; Free Church of Scotland in Ballyfrenis townland; the minister in 1875 was Rev. Alexander Scott; records from 1863; North of Ireland FHS ( http://www.nifs.org ) has baptisms 1843-1940 & marriages 1843-1935; no graveyard; now merged with Carrowdore MC; GIPR: GIC
Donaghadee
15: 59/73
Presbyterian in Carrowdore townland, on a small road near the castle in Ballyrawer townland;click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghadee Wesleyan Methodist in Mount St, Donaghadee town; click here for a photo and more information
.
Donaghadee
Catholic;
St. Comgalls
in Millisle Rd., Donaghadee BT21 0HY; in 1843 a small Catholic chapel was built by Rev. William McAlea to accommodate the small but growing number of Catholics in the town ; records from 1864; no graveyard; Tel- 9146 5522 fax 9146 3093
GIPR: GIC; LM 1994 p72; GV; DDCD 2001
Donaghadee / Bangor
15:59/83
graveyards
Copeland Island near Chapel Bay; there was a church here in medieval times; gravestone inscription available UHF Vol 16; oldest stone is 1742; another graveyard in Drumfad townland & a modern graveyard in Ballyvester (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2300251 )
V16 MIs; GIC
Donaghadee
15:59/78
old graveyard called Templepatrick; in Miller Hill townland; seaward of the Donaghadee to Millisle road; 2 km N of the village; no remains of the ancient church; gravestone Vol 14 UHF; Bill Cardwell has photographed and transcribed all the gravestones, see his website http://www.bangor.homecall.co.uk/index.htm or http://www.graves2.homecall.co.uk/Templepatrick/FrameSet.htm V14 MIs;GV
Donaghcloney
20:10/55
Church of Ireland;
Holy Trinity
west side of Waringstown village, in Magherana townland, Banbridge Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghcloney Church of Ireland
St. Patrick's
in Main St, Donaghcloney village; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghcloney Waringstown Presbyterian in Tullyherron townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghcloney
20: 12/52

Presbyterian;
Seceding

called Donaghcloney Presbyterian; in Ballynabragget townland, off the Banbridge/Waringstown/ Lurgan road; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghcloney Catholic Catholics from this parish in 1836 worshipped at the chapel in Clare townland in Tullylish parish; later records available V12 p 58 OSM; LDS
Donaghcloney old Catholic & graveyard the old church was situated in the parish graveyard near Donaghcloney Bridge, on a secondary road from Banbridge to Magheralin; destroyed in 1641 Rebellion; gravestone inscriptions UHF Vol 19; email me for a gravestone look-up V19 MIs
Donaghmore Church of Ireland;
St. Bartholomew's
SE end of parish in the Glebe townland, Donaghmore Rd, Newry; click here for a picture and more information .
Donaghmore/ Newry Presbyterian: called Donaghmore Meeting House in Lisserboy townland in Newry parish, where the four townlands (Fourtowns) of Lisserboy, Loughorne, Tullymurry & Aughnacavan meet; click here for a picture and more information .
Donaghmore
29:6/33
Presbyterian in Killevy parish on the Co. Armagh side; Jerretspass or 2nd Drumbanagher Presbyterian church; records from 1832 GIPR
Donaghmore Presbyterian; Seceding called The Rock; in Ballymacarattymore townland in 1894; at the extreme north of the townland; graveyard attached  
Donaghmore
29:10/35
Presbyterian; Seceding in Tullymurry townland; at the south end of the townland; could be Fourtowns V3 p 8 OSM
Donaghmore 29:11/34 Methodist in Cargabane townland; no graveyard GIC
Donaghmore Catholic;
St. Mary's
on Bar Chapel Hill, Carrickrovaddy townland, in the south of the parish; click here for a photo and more information .
Donaghmore 29:8/36

Catholic; St. John's

called the Glen Chapel; in Dromantine townland in the north of the parish;click here for a photo .
Down Church of Ireland: Cathedral Holy Trinity; at the end of English Street, Downpatrick; click here for a photo & more information .
Down

Church of Ireland;
St Margaret's

in Church Street, Downpatrick; click here for a photo and more information .
Down Church of Ireland near the Hollymount estate; W of Downpatrick; click here for a photo and more information .
Down

1st Presbyterian;
Non Subscribing , Unitarian

Stream Street, Downpatrick on a ridge near Pound Lane, where the road joins the Killough Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Down

Presbyterian;
Unitarian

Stream Street, Downpatrick ; the minister in 1852 was Rev. William White POD
Down

2nd Presbyterian;
Synod of Ulster

in Fountain Street, Downpatrick; click here for a photo and more information .
Down

Methodist;
"New Connexion"

in Mary Street, Downpatrick; built 1809; holds 150 people; B 1829-1842 D, & M 1863+ records are available; reopening of chapel 29 Jan 1881 V17 p 60 OSM: OFD p 191; DR
Down Primitive Wesleyan Methodists permanent building in Church Lane; in the building that was formerly part of a linen hall: built in early 1800s; held 300 people; soiree at Woodgrange 6 May 1843: soiree 31 Jan 1852; the minister in 1852 was Rev, Mr. Thompson; soiree 23 Apr 1864; soiree 14 Dec 1867; meeting 28 Oct 1871; records from 1829, no graveyard V17 p 40, 60 OSM: DR;POD; GIPR: GIC
Down Wesleyan Methodist in Scotch Street, Downpatrick; click here for a photo and more information .
Down Union Chapel/ Prayer Meeting House an evangelic meeting house in Bridge St., Downpatrick; later known as Pilson Hall; laying of first stone 18 May 1861;address to Aynsworth Pilson 10 Aug 1861; minutes & accounts available 1863-1961 in PRONI; no graveyard OFD p 192: DR; GIC
Down Convent Chapel in Irish St., Downpatrick; no graveyard GIC
Down

Catholic;
St. Patrick’s

between Stream Street & St. Patrick's Ave , Downpatrick; click here for a photo and more information .
Down
Catholic;St. Malacy's in Ballykilbeg townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Down
Catholic; St. Brigid's in Rathkeltair, Downpatrick; modern church .
Down
Catholic;St. Colmcille's in Killough Rd, Downpatrick; modern church .
Down old Catholic Struell Wells; click here for a photo and more information .
Down old graveyards there are graveyards in Ballyrolly townland & the Union Workhouse site & in Quarter Cormack GIC; O'L V1 p 304
Dromara Church of England;
St. John's
in the north west of Dromara village, on the Banbridge road ; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromara
20:37/47
Chapel of Ease; Church of Ireland see under Magherahamlet parish .
Dromara Presbyterian in town; baptisms 1810-1873, marriages 1817- 1845, no graveyard; GIPR: GIC
Dromara

1st Presbyterian;
General Synod

in Artanagh townland; in the western end of the parish on the road between Dromara and Banbridge ; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromara 2nd Presbyterian in Begney, near the town; click here for a photo and more infomration .
Dromara
20:27/48
Presbyterian; Seceding in Drumgavelin townland ; see under Magherahamlet parish
.
Dromara Reformed Presbyterian on the Dromara/ Banbridge road; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromara Wesleyan Methodist south end of Dromara town in Begney townland; erected 1834 at a cost of £70; small, plain rectangular building, slate roof; attended by circuit preachers; no graveyard V12 p 68 OSM; GIC; MCIDM
Dromara
20:28/48
Catholic;St. Michael's the Archangel in Finnis townland ; in the south of the parish on the road between Rathfriland & Dromara; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromara
20:36/46
Catholic;
St. Colman's
in Dunmore townland; in the south of the parish on the road between Ballynahinch and Castlewellan; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromara old Catholic called Templemoyle which means 'bare church'; ancient church burned in 1641 rebellion; it was 48 x 24 feet with walls 39 inches thick; it was beside the Forde River; the last burial here was in 1799; the Church of Ireland was built on this site in 1816 V12 p 63 OSM; HMP p 21
Dromore

Church of Ireland; Cathedral

Cathedral Church of Christ the Redeemer in Church St., Dromore; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromore 1st Presbyterian on Castlewellan Road , Dromore, in Drumbroneth townland;click here for a photo and more information .
Dromore 2nd Presbyterian known as Banbridge Road Presbyterian , facing the Cathedral; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromore
20: 27/54
Presbyterian in Drumlough townland at the eastern end of the parish, 6km SE of Hillsborough; click here for a photo and more information .
Dromore 1st Presbyterian ; Arian/ Non Subscribing in Rathfriland Street, Dromore, in Balleny townland, approached from Rampart Street;click here for a photo and more information .
Dromore Covenanters Meeting house in Brewery Lane, Dromore; various ministers in 1852; the minister in 1910 was Rev. Torrens Boyd; no graveyard GIC; POD
Dromore Wesleyan Methodist in Gallows Street, Dromore; built 1807 with the cost defrayed by subscription; it was a stone, roughcast, whitewashed building; holds 450 people with the average attendance in 1836 of 200;the minister's salary then was £32 a year without the usual prerequisites of rent, fuel and candles; minister in 1846 was Rev John Jubb & Rev. William McGarvey in 1852 & Rev W. Sproule in 1886 & in 1910 Rev. M.J. Lewis V12 p 71, 73, 74 OSM; POD; MCIDM
Dromore Primitive Methodist & Ebenezer in Gallows Street, Dromore; services held here in 1827; various minisers in 1852 POD; MCIDM
Dromore Methodist; New Connexion in Wesley Place, Dromore; original church built 1815; records from 1832; no graveyard; try http://lisburn.com/books/dromore-methodist/dromore-methodism.html MCIDM; GIC; GIPR
Dromore

Catholic;
St. Colman's

in Gallows Hill, Hillsborough Rd, Dromore, Ballymaganlis townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumaroad . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Loughinisland parish .
Drumballyroney
Church of Ireland in Aughnavallog townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumballyroney Presbyterian Covenanting called Brookvale; in Grallagh Greenan townland, on the Loughbrickland to Rathfriland road ; click here for a photo and more information
.
Drumballyroney
29:22/38

Presbyterian; Synod of Ulster

in Ballyroney village, Lackan townland ; click here for a photo and more information
.
Drumballyroney 20:21/41 Presbyterian in Katesbridge next to the bridge; click here for a photo and more information
.
Drumballyroney
29:20/38
Catholic; Mary Immaculate,
called Magheral
in Lisnavaghrog townland; 4km north of Rathfriland on Katesbridge Rd; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumbeg
20:31/67

Church of Ireland; St. Patrick's

in Drumbeg townland, Upper Malone Rd, Belfast;click here for a photo and more information
Drumbeg
20:32/60

Presbyterian; Covenanters

called Bailiesmill, in Drennan townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumbo
20:33/67
Church of Ireland;
Holy Trinity
in Ballylessan townland, on the Belfast/Hillhall/Lisburn road; click here for a photo and more inormation
.
Drumbo Church of Ireland Edenderry House; gravestone inscriptions available UHF Vol 3 ; email me for a gravestone look-up .
Drumbo Church of Ireland St. Ignatius in Saintfield Rd, Carryduff; built in 1965; email me for a photo .
Drumbo
20:32/65
Presbyterian in Drumbo townland; click here for a photo of the graveyard and round tower and more information .
Drumbeg Presbyterian in Legacurry townland on the Lisburn to Ballynahinch road; foundation stone laid 24 Apr 1841; records from 1845; graveyard nearby, oldest stone 1846; email me for a gravestone look-up DR; GIPR: GIC; MIs
Drumbo
20:37/68
Presbyterian; Reformed in Knockbreckan townland, 2km E of Purdysburn Hospital gates on the Purdysburn to Comber road; erected in 1783 at a cost of £180; dimensions were 60 by 35 feet; rebuilt 1806; in 1832 there were 52 seats in the aisle & 5 in the gallery which hold 6 people each; there was a school adjoining it; Rev. Torrens Boyd was minister from 11 Jan 1893- 1898; graveyard attached, gravestones UHF Vol 1 & 18,oldest stone 1790; email me for a gravestone look-up V7 p 102 OSM ; GIC ; CADRF; V1 MIs
Drumbo Presbyterian in Ballycarn townland on the Belfast- Carryduff Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumbo
20:37/65
Presbyterian in Carryduff town; on a short road joining the Carryduff- Saintfield road to the Carryduff to Ballynahinch road; built 1841 by Rev. Hugh Brown; records from 1854; UHF has bapt 1854-1900 & marriages 1846-1900 ; North of Ireland FHS ( http://www.nifhs.org ) has baptisms 1854-1914 & marriages 1846-1936 ; graveyard attached , gravestones UHF Vol 1 & 18; photo in Vol 18; email me for a gravestone look-up GIPR: GIC; V1 MIs
Drumbo Methodist in Ballynavally townland; no graveyard GIC
Drumbo Catholic;
Church of Immaculate Heart of Mary
546 Saintfield Rd, Carryduff BT8 8EU; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumcaw Catholic an old parish which was distributed between Kilmegan , Loughinisland and Rathmullan in 1718; the ruins of the old church are still in Drumcaw townland O'L V1 p lxx, 116

Drumgath(sometimes incorporated in Drumballyroney parish)

Church of Ireland;
St. John's
in The Square, Rathfriland; click here for a photo and more information; ruins of an old parish church were in Drumgath townland .
Drumgath Reformed / Covenanters Presbyterian in Castle Lane., Rathfriland; click here for a photo and more information
.
Drumgath 1st Presbyterian:Seceders at 30 Newry Street, Rathfriland ; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgath

2nd Presbyterian;
Seceding

at the foot of Newry St., Rathfriland;click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgath 3rd Presbyterian in Newry Street, Rathfriland near 1st Presbyterian ; click here for a photo .
Drumgath Wesleyan
Methodist
Church St., Rathfriland; met in town in 1819 but built present church in 1832 at a cost of £300; no graveyard V3 p15 OSM; GIC; POD
Drumgath Quaker near the foot of Newry St., Rathfriland; built 1770 at a cost of £170; no graveyard; now a ruined cottage V3 p11,15 OSM; GIC; DDPP p112
Drumgath Catholic;
St. Mary's
in Newry St., Rathfriland at the WSW end of town in Ballooly townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgath
29:17/33
Catholic;
St Colman's
in Barnmeen townland, on the Rathfriland to Newry road ; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgath
29: 17/30
Catholic;
St. Patrick's
in Drumgath townland near Lurgancahone; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgath
old graveyard in Graveyard Lane, Rathfriland V3 p20 OSM; GIC
Drumgath
ancient graveyard between St. Patrick's , Barnmeen & Mayobridge; main Catholic burying ground till c. 1850 DDPP p113
Drumgooland
Church of Ireland in Castlewellan Rd, Ballyward ; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland Presbyterian in Benraw townland, called Leitrim Presbyterian ; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland
Presbyterian Seceding in Drumlee townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland
20:24/41
Presbyterian; Seceding called Drumgooland Presbyterian; in Cloghskelt townland, 3km NNE of Rathfriland on the Banbridge to Newcastle Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland 20:40/27 Baptist in Derryneil townland; records from 1869; no graveyard; special service 2 Jun 1925 GIC: GIPR;DR*
Drumgooland
20:41/26
Catholic:
St. Mary's of the Angels
in Lowtown, Deehommed townland, on the road between Rathfriland and Dromara;click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland- Lower

Catholic:
St. Patrick's

in Gargarry/ Gargory townland on the road between Banbridge and Castlewellan; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland - Upper
Catholic;
Immaculate Conception
in Leitrim townland on the road between Castlewellan and Dromore; click here for a photo and more information .
Drumgooland old graveyard in Drumadonnel townland off the Dromara Road; stone cross all that remained in 1744 (this is now in Castlewellan Square) ; some old gravestones visible in 2013 GIC; DCPH p 41; MO 7/04; google earth
Dundonald

Church of Ireland;
St. Elizabeth

in Dundonald town in Church Quarter townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Dundonald Church of Ireland St. Molua's; near Stormont; built in 1962; email me for a photo .
Dundonald Church of Ireland St.Mary's; in Ballybeen; modern church; email me for a photo .
Dundonald Presbyterian in Dundonald town in Church Quarter townland ; click here for a photo and more information .
Dundonald Bethesda Chapel in Ballylisbredan townland; Presbyterian offshoot set up in 1890s; no graveyard GIC; TMUOP p161; GV
Dundonald Methodist in 1861, 28 Methodists held cottage meetings; in 1873 the minister from Ballymacarrett moved them there GIC; TMUOP p161
Dundonald Baptist built 20th century; email me for a photo .
Dundonald general municipal graveyard in Upper Newtownards Road, Ballymiscaw townland; first burial 1905 City Council site
Dundrum . This is a Catholic parish only; see under Kilmegan .
Dunsford
Church of Ireland;St. Mary's in Dunsford townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Dunsford Presbyterian Remonstrant sect met in Ballee parish V17 p 69 OSM
Dunsford Methodist There isn't a Methodist meeting house in this parish which is surprising because it was in Ringawaddy townland that the the first Methodists in Ireland met in 1775 and disseminated the sect all over Ireland. V17 p 69 OSM
Dunsford
21:57/40
Catholic;
St. Marys
in Upper Ballyedock townland in Chapeltown village ; click here for a photo and more information .
Eglantine Church of Ireland this is a new parish created out of Blaris parish in 1874; see under Blaris .
Garvaghy
20: 22/47
Church of Ireland in Fedany townland, 8km E of Banbridge (Garvaghy Church Rd, Dromara); click here for a photo and more information .
Garvaghy
20:23/47

Presbyterian:
Seceding

in Enagh townland ; 8km E of Banbridge, just east of the parish church; click here for a photo and more information .
Garvaghy Presbyterian ; Covenanters also called The Glen Meeting House; in Kilknamurry townland, SE of Kate McKay's Bridge & 10 km east of Banbridge; click here for a photo and more information .
Garvaghy Catholic; Church of All Saints also called Ballela; in the southern part of Balloolly townland, in the NW of the parish; click here for a photo and more information .
Greyabbey
21:58/68
Church of Ireland;
St. Saviour's
the church stands on a hill at the eastern side of the town in Rosemount townland near the old abbey, Balywalter Road; click here for a photo and more information .
Greyabbey
21:58/68
old abbey 12th century Cistercian Order on the southern side of the village; ; click here for a photo & information
.
Greyabbey
21: 58/68
1st Presbyterian;
Non- Subscribing
at the western end of town; click here for a photo and more information .
Greyabbey
21: 58/68
2nd Presbyterian;
called Trinity
at the crossroads in the village; click here for a photo and more information .
Hillsborough

Church of Ireland;
St. Malacy's

in Main St., Hillsborough town; click here for a photo & more information .
Hillsborough
20: 21/59

Church of Ireland;St. John's Chapel of Ease

in Upper Kilwarlin, in Corcreeny townland St. John's Rd, Hillsborough, 6km SW of Hillsborough; click herefor a photo & more information .
Hillsborough Church of Ireland; St. James Chapel of Ease in Lower Kilwarlin, Ballykeel Artifinny townland, Lony Rd, Hillsborough ; click here for a photo & more information .
Hillsborough Presbyterian in Lisburn Street, in the north end of Hillsborough town; click here for a photo and more information .
Hillsborough
20:27/58
called
Annahilt Presbyterian
Windmill Rd, in Ballykeel- Ednagonnel townland; 1/2 km N of the Hillsborough to Ballynahinch road; click here for a photo and more information .
Hillsborough
20: 21/57
Kilwarlin Moravian Chapel in Corcreeny townland, on a by-road 1km south of Hillsborough-Moira road; click here for a photo and more information .
Hillsborough

Methodist Church , Zion

the minister in 1910 was Rev. J. Allen POD
Hillsborough

Quakers; Society of Friends

in Park St., Hillsborough, near the castle ;built 1748 to replace an older one from 1699 nearby ; surrounded high wall; gravestone inscriptions UHF Vol 18, oldest stone 1869; email me for a gravestone look-up V12 p 86, 102 OSM; V18 MIs
Hillsborough
20:23/59
Catholic; St. Colman's in Reilly’s Trench townland, on the main road between Hillsborough and Moira; click here for a photo and more information .
Hillsborough general graveyard in Park St, Hillsborough; also the Hill Monument inscriptions UHF Vol 18 GIC
Holywood Church of Ireland;
St. Philip & St. James
at the north end of the town in Church Road;click here for a photo & more information .
Holywood Church of Ireland;St. Marks, Dundela in Holywood Road, Dundela; early services held in adapted coachhouse in Sydenham Park until 1863 when first church built;new church built in 1876; minister in 1880-1900 was Rev. Thomas Hamilton & in 1902 Rev. Gerald Peacock ; no graveyard
SCPC p9 ; OS map 1902; POD ; GIC
Holywood
15:39/77
Church of Ireland Church of the Annunciation; in Knocknagoney Rd, Holywood; built 1964 ; email me for a photo .
Holywood
Church of Ireland;
Holy Trinity; Glencraig
in Seahill Rd, Craigavad ; built 1858; North of Ireland FHS (http://www.nifhs.org ) has baptism 1858-1922 & marriages 1871-1924 ; also try http://www.holytrinityglencraig.org .
Holywood Church of Ireland & Catholic ancient churches & graveyards in Ballymaghan & Craigavad townlands; the graveyards were in use until 1765
MIs
Holywood 1st Presbyterian in Bangor Rd, Holywood; click here for a photo & more information
.
Holywood 2nd Presbyterian;
Seceeders
in High St, Holywood;click here for a photo and more information
.
Holywood Presbyterian; Unitarian in High St, Holywood;click here for a photo and more information
.
Holywood Dundela Presbyterian in Knock Road; minister in 1902 was Rev. James Hunter; the Manse was in Kings Road
POD; OS map 1902 4.08 & 5.09
Holywood Sydenham Presbyterian in Hills Hall, Sydenham Park, Strandtown; minister in 1902 was Rev.W.J. Fawcett with sexton Fred Crooks
POD
Holywood Belmont Presbyterian in Sydenham Ave, Strandtown;opened Jan 1862
OS map 1902 4.08
Holywood Primitive Wesleyan Methodist in High St., Holywood in 1863; the minister in 1910 was Rev. Stewart Smith; records from 1867; no graveyard
GIC; GIPR;GV; POD
Holywood Bloomfield Baptist Rev. Burt Sharp was pastor in 1902
POD
Holywood Gospel Hall in Ballyrobert townland in 1863
GV
Holywood Sydenham Mission Hall in Natal Terrace; minister in 1902 was Rev. H.M. Watson with Mrs Gelston as caretaker
POD
Holywood

Catholic:
St. Columcille

in Ballyhackamore, in the SW end of town in Church View Street ; click here for a photo & more information
.
Holywood Catholic; Christ the King in Sydenham ; built 1947 ; to cater for military families living in the area ; a bomb completely destroyed the church in Sep 1973; it was rebuilt and remained in use until 1991, it was then felt that there was no practical use for the building, which was sold and became a home for the elderly 2010 church directory
Holywood general graveyard in Church Lane, Holywood; gravestones UHF Vol 4 .
Inch Church of Ireland in Ballynacraig townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Inch
21:48/45
parish graveyard & old abbey ruins 12th century Cistercian abbey; click here for a photo and more information
.
Inch Primitive Wesleyan Methodist Sabbath school 3 Mar 1838: meeting to consider changes 1 Mar 1845 DR

Inch /
Kilmore

Catholic in Magheracranmoney townland; called The Rocks Chapel; click here for a photo and more information .
Inishargy
21:62/66
Church of Ireland;
St. Andrews
the parish church is in Inishargy Rd, Balligan townland;click here for a photo and more information .
Inishargy 21:60/63 Church of Ireland;
Holy Trinity
in Main Street, Kircubbin ; click here for a photo and more information .
Inishargy
21:60/63
Presbyterian

in Kircubbin village on the western side of the Square near the shore; click here for a photo and more information

.
Inishargy
21:63/63
Presbyterian

in Glastry townland ;originally known as Ballyhalbert Presbyterian; click here for a photo and more information

.
Inishargy
Methodist in Glastry;click here for a photo and more information .
Inishargy
21:59/64
Catholic St. Mary's, Our Lady Star of the Sea; in Nunsquarter townland; click here for a photo and more information .
Inishargy
21:64/55
old graveyard 1 km S of Cloghy; ruin of medieval church called Ardmacossce; on a prominent hill surrounded by a white wall, near Inishargy House; gravestones Vol 14 UHF; oldest stone 1677; email me for a gravestone look-up V14 MIs

Also try http://www.proni.gov.uk/guide_to_church_records.pdf