Family Group Record
|Husband: Stephen CHASE|
|Born: 02 MAY 1709||Place: Portsmouth, Newport, RI|
|Died: 23 JUN 1790||Place: Cornwallis, Kings, NS|
|Married: 11 SEP 1728||Place: Portsmouth, Newport, RI|
|Father: Joseph CHASE|
|Mother: Sarah SHERMAN|
|Wife: Esther BUFFINGTON|
|Born: 30 OCT 1712||Place:|
|Died: 14 JUL 1750||Place:|
|Father: Benjamin BUFFINGTON|
|Mother: Hannah BUFFUM||
Other Spouses: |
|Child 1 (M): Jethro CHASE|
|Born: 13 FEB 1746||Place:|
Spouses: Dorothy CONE|
Stephen CHASE BIRTH: 02 3MO 170? Father: Joseph CHASE Mother: Sarah SHERMAN
Family 1: Ester BUFFINGTON MARRIAGE: 11 SEP 1728 Hannah CHASE Sarah CHASE Esther CHASE Susanna CHASE Benjamin CHASE Stephen CHASE Joseph CHASE Asa CHASE Jethro CHASE Peace CHASE Comfort CHASE
Family 2: Bathshaba STAFFORD MARRIAGE: 20 SEP 1751
Family 3: Abigail POSTER MARRIAGE: 2 AUG 1769 Lois CHASE Abigail CHASE
Family 4: Nancy BUSHNELL MARRIAGE: 28 JAN 1776 William CHASE Job CHASE
160. Stephen Chase was born on 2 May 1709. He was married to Esther Buffinton on 11 Nov 1728.
161. Esther Buffinton. Stephen Chase and Esther Buffinton had the following children:
i. Hannah Chase was born on 22 Dec 1729. ii. Sarah Chase was born in Sep 1731. iii. Esther Chase was born on 5 Aug 1733. iv. Susanna Chase was born on 1 Nov 1735. v. Benjamin Chase was born on 29 Nov 1737. vi. Stephen Chase. vii. Asa Chase was born on 4 Jun 1744. viii. Joseph Chase was born on 13 Feb 1741/42. ix. Jethro Chase was born on 13 Feb 1745/46. x. Peace Chase was born on 5 Jun 1748. xi. Comfort Chase was born on 10 May 1750.
Descendants of Stephen Chase
Generation No. 1
1. STEPHEN1 CHASE was born 2 May 1709. He married (1) ESTHER BUFFINTON. He married (2) BASHEBA STAFFORD April 1751, daughter of JOSEPH STAFFORD and SARAH. He married (3) ABIGAIL PORTER 1764, daughter of SAMUEL PORTER and REMEMBER MAKEPEACE. He married (4) NANCY WHITE 1776, daughter of WILLIAM WHITE and ELIZABETH CADMAN.
Notes for STEPHEN CHASE: In the Chase Chronicles, Millicent Submit Chase states that Stephen was born in Swansee and died in Cornwallis, Nova Scotia, where he had settled with his three sons. She writes:
"Apparently father and sons divided forces - for in the town Book of Liverpool, Stephen Chase has a grant of land, in the Township, but he never occupied it and his name does not appear there again. As there was a community of Quakers near there interested in the whale fishing he may have been induced by them to go there but he did not remain and soon joined his three sons in Cornwallis, whose lands were granted them in 1763, and in the following year Stephen Chase Sr. received his Grant. The grant is recorded in the Crown Lands Book. Others to receive lands at the same time were Porter, Cove Kinsman and Blackmer. In the assessment roll for Cornwallis 1765, appears the following:
L S Joseph & Jethro Chase 4 4 Stephen Chase Jr 4 4 Stephen Chase 4 4
William West, Isaac Bigelow, Handley Chipman - Assessors"
Notes for NANCY WHITE:
Nancy (Bushnell), wife of Stephen Chase and mother of Job Chase and William Chase - her maiden name was Nancy White, daughter of William White and Elizabeth Cadman, and she was the widow of a Mr. Bushnell (first name unknown). Source is Genealogies of Rhode Island Families, by Gary Boyd Roberts.
Children of STEPHEN CHASE and ESTHER BUFFINTON are: i. HANNAH2 CHASE, b. 22 February 1729; m. JOSEPH SLADE. ii. SARAH CHASE, b. 18 November 1731; m. JONATHAN LUTHER. iii. ESTHER CHASE, b. 5 October 1733; m. THOMAS EARLE. iv. SUSANNAH CHASE, b. 1 January 1735; m. DANIEL WOOD. v. BENJAMIN CHASE, b. 29 January 1737; m. (1) ELIZABETH DURFEE; m. (2) MEHITABLE THURSTON. 2. vi. STEPHEN CHASE, b. 3 April 1740; d. buried Lakeside Cemetary, Unity, ME.. 3. vii. JOSEPH CHASE, b. 13 April 1742. viii. ASA CHASE, b. 4 August 1744; m. DEBORAH BAKER. 4. ix. JETHRO CHASE, b. 13 June 1746. x. PEACE CHASE, b. 5 August 1748; m. DAVID BAKER. xi. COMFORT CHASE, b. 10 July 1750; m. SAMUEL UPTON.
Child of STEPHEN CHASE and BASHEBA STAFFORD is: xii. WILLIAM2 CHASE, d. died young.
Children of STEPHEN CHASE and ABIGAIL PORTER are: xiii. LOIS2 CHASE, b. 7 November 1765; d. 25 January 1843; m. LEVI LOOMER. xiv. ABIGAIL CHASE, b. 23 August 1769; m. CONSTANT DUNHAM, 4 March 1788.
Children of STEPHEN CHASE and NANCY WHITE are: 5. xv. WILLIAM2 CHASE, b. Abt. 1778. 6. xvi. JOB CHASE, b. 21 June 1782.
Generation No. 2
2. STEPHEN2 CHASE (STEPHEN1) was born 3 April 1740, and died in buried Lakeside Cemetary, Unity, ME.. He married HANNAH BLEATHEN 1761. Children of STEPHEN CHASE and HANNAH BLEATHEN are: i. ELIZABETH3 CHASE, b. 29 August 1762; m. BARTHOLMEW TABER. ii. JOHN CHASE, b. 5 March 1765; m. HANNAH PIERSONS. 7. iii. JOB CHASE, b. 7 May 1767. iv. HANNAH CHASE, m. LEMUEL BARTLETT. v. ESTHER CHASE, m. BENJAMIN BARTLETT. vi. HEZEKIAH CHASE, m. SARAH GILKEY. vii. HUDAH CHASE, m. GIBBS TILTON. viii. BETHIA CHASE. ix. HEPSIBAH CHASE. x. SARAH CHASE, m. JAMES HUSSEY.
Notes for STEPHEN CHASE:
In the Chase Chronicle, Millicent Submit Chase states:
"Although we have no proof that Stephen Jr returned to New England, it is a fact, and the best proof to be offered that after 1770 all metion of him is dropped. His marriage to Ann Rust in 1761 is recorded and the birth of a child noted 1762-1767 but nothing following this."
3. JOSEPH2 CHASE (STEPHEN1) was born 13 April 1742. He married HANNAH ELLS, daughter of JOSHUA ELLS and MAY BILL. Children of JOSEPH CHASE and HANNAH ELLS are: i. SARAH3 CHASE, b. 15 June 1766; m. (1) ANDREW NEWCOMB; m. (2) JOHN CARDEN. ii. ESTHER CHASE, b. 30 October 1767; m. JOHN BURBRIDGE. iii. HANNAH CHASE, b. 7 April 1769; m. MARCHANT RAND, 3 April 1788. 8. iv. JOSHUA CHASE, b. 30 January 1771. 9. v. JOSEPH CHASE, b. 1 December 1772. 10. vi. DAVID CHASE, b. 22 August 1774; d. 17 February 1825. vii. MARY CHASE, b. 7 October 1776; m. EZEKIEL KINSMAN. viii. ABIGAIL CHASE, b. 24 March 1778; m. AMOS KINSMAN. ix. MEHITABLE CHASE, b. 25 January 1780.
Notes for MEHITABLE CHASE: Died unmarried
4. JETHRO2 CHASE (STEPHEN1) was born 13 June 1746. He married DOROTHY CONE. Children of JETHRO CHASE and DOROTHY CONE are: i. STEPHEN3 CHASE, b. 1769; d. 1769. 11. ii. STEPHEN CHASE. iii. ESTHER CHASE, m. ABIJAH PEARSON. iv. REUBEN CHASE, d. died young. v. JOHN CHASE, d. died young. vi. HANNAH CHASE, d. died young. vii. SAMUEL CHASE, d. died young. viii. EXPERIENCE CHASE, d. died young. ix. DOROTHY CHASE, m. JAMES KINSMAN. x. JETHRO CHASE, d. died young.
5. WILLIAM2 CHASE (STEPHEN1) was born Abt. 1778. He married SARAH JESS 1802, daughter of GEORGE JESS and LIZETTE PAYZANT. Children of WILLIAM CHASE and SARAH JESS are: i. ELIZA3 CHASE, b. 22 June 1803. ii. WILLIAM CHASE, b. 6 February 1805. iii. DAVID CHASE, b. 4 November 1806. iv. SARAH OLIVE CHASE, b. 29 June 1809. v. GEORGE LEEIS CHASE, b. 23 March 1811. vi. JOHN PAYZANT CHASE, b. 22 February 1815. vii. MARY ALICE CHASE, b. 21 December 1818. viii. HANNAH CHASE, b. 27 December 1821. ix. ELIAS CHASE, b. 7 November 1823.
6. JOB2 CHASE (STEPHEN1) was born 21 June 1782. He married ANN JESS, daughter of GEORGE JESS and LIZETTE PAYZANT.
Children of JOB CHASE and ANN JESS are: i. JOB3 CHASE, b. 23 January 1811; d. 8 March 1812. ii. MAY ANN CHASE, b. 30 August 1814. iii. JAMES STEWART CHASE, b. 29 July 1816. iv. RUTH AUGUSTA CHASE, b. 18 August 1817. v. RACHEL CHASE, b. 19 December 1819. vi. JOB STEPHEN WHITFIELD CHASE, b. 26 July 1823.
Generation No. 3
7. JOB3 CHASE (STEPHEN2, STEPHEN1) was born 7 May 1767. He married JANE PETTY. Children of JOB CHASE and JANE PETTY are: i. JOB4 CHASE, m. NANCY MCCLUER. ii. BETSEY CHASE, m. (1) BENJAMIN AYER, 23 January 1817; m. (2) JOEL WHITNEY, 21 May 1840; m. (3) DUDLEY MOODY, 19 January 1862. iii. HEZEKIAH CHASE, m. MARY HIGGINS. iv. STEPHEN CHASE, m. (1) ESTHER HIGGINS, 15 October 1825; m. (2) MARY B. POLLARD, 5 July 1840. v. SYBIL CHASE, m. THOMAS AYER. vi. WILLIAM CHASE, m. RACHEL LOWELL. vii. ACHSA CHASE, m. JEFFERSON BARTLETT. viii. MARY CHASE, m. (1) UNKNOWN TAYLOR; m. (2) JOSEPH B. WHITNEY. ix. JOSEPH B. CHASE, m. JANE E. FARWELL. x. HARRISON CHASE, m. MARCIA P. AYER. xi. JOHN A. CHASE, m. MARY T. LANE. xii. JANE P. CHASE.
8. JOSHUA3 CHASE (JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 30 January 1771. He married ESTHER TERRY, daughter of PERN TERRY and SARAH. Children of JOSHUA CHASE and ESTHER TERRY are: i. MARY LYDIA4 CHASE, m. JOHN H. GESNER. ii. HANNAH CHASE, m. JOHN BURGESS. iii. JOSEPH CHASE. iv. SARAH CHASE, m. DAVID ELLS. v. ESTHER ELIZABETH CHASE, m. NATHAN ELLS. vi. RACHEL GILMORE CHASE, b. 27 December 1818; d. 30 August 1898; m. JOHN EATON ELLS 12. vii. JOSEPH CHASE.
9. JOSEPH3 CHASE (JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 1 December 1772. He married MARY HAMILTON. Child of JOSEPH CHASE and MARY HAMILTON is: i. HANTS4 CHASE, b. 1798.
10. DAVID3 CHASE (JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 22 August 1774, and died 17 February 1825. He married EUNICE CROCKER 17 January 1799, daughter of SOLOMON CROCKER and LOIS ?. Children of DAVID CHASE and EUNICE CROCKER are: 13. i. JOHN4 CHASE, b. 27 January 1804. ii. OLIVE ANN CHASE, b. 17 June 1806; d. 30 March 1810. iii. EUNICE CHASE, b. 15 October 1808; m. WILLIAM MARCHANT, 6 February 1834. iv. ANNA CHASE, b. 21 May 1813; m. JOHN MARTIN, 17 January 1837. v. DAVID WILKINS CHASE, b. 18 February 1816; d. March 1838. vi. HANNAH OLIVIA CHASE, b. 14 April 1818; d. 3 April 1880, buried in Pleasant Valley Cemetary; m. JAMES PERKINS KINSMAN, 13 February 1850.
11. STEPHEN3 CHASE (JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married ALICE WOODWORTH 7 January 1796, daughter of JOHN WOODWORTH and SUBMIT NEWCOMB. Children of STEPHEN CHASE and ALICE WOODWORTH are: i. SUBMIT4 CHASE, b. 10 October 1796; d. 12 January 1820. 14. ii. JOHN WOODWORTH CHASE. iii. ALICE CHASE, m. WILLIAM FAWCETT. 15. iv. JANE SARAH CHASE. v. ELIZABETH CHASE, m. JAMES AYER, 7 June 1827, Sackville, Westmorland, New Brunswick.
Notes for ELIZABETH CHASE:
Elizabeth was called "Sarah" Source: http://www3.telus.net/chignecto/black/aqwg11.htm
vi. SARAH CHASE. 16. vii. MARY ANN CHASE, b. 1809. viii. REBECCA CHASE, m. BARNHILL CAHILL. ix. CHARLES CHASE, d. died young. 17. x. STEPHEN ALBERT CHASE.
Generation No. 4
12. JOSEPH4 CHASE (JOSHUA3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1). He married SARAH ANN MORTON. Children of JOSEPH CHASE and SARAH MORTON are: i. ELIZA JANE5 CHASE. ii. MARY STARR CHASE. 18. iii. JOSHUA CHASE, d. 26 June 1918, Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS. iv. ROLAND ARTHUR CHASE. v. JOSEPH HENRY CHASE.
13. JOHN4 CHASE (DAVID3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 27 January 1804. He married RUBY RAND 1 May 1831. Children of JOHN CHASE and RUBY RAND are: i. EUNICE MARIA5 CHASE, b. 19 January 1832; m. A W SAWYER. ii. JAMES EDWARD CHASE, b. 1 August 1833; m. MARGARETTE PATILLO. iii. REBECCA MANING CHASE, b. 18 February 1835; m. JAMES WELLS. iv. ALEXANDER FRALIN CHASE, b. 8 September 1837; m. JESSIE BURNHAM. 19. v. WILLIAM ALBERN CHASE, b. 5 December 1840, Bridgetown,Nova Scotia; d. 5 September 1905, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. vi. CHARLENE ELISABETH CHASE, b. 1 September 1844. vii. CHARLES ARTHUR CHASE, b. 24 August 1846. viii. ISAAC CHIPMAN CHASE, b. 2 September 1848.
14. JOHN WOODWORTH4 CHASE (STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married SARAH MILLICENT THEAL. Children of JOHN CHASE and SARAH THEAL are: i. ALICE MARIA5 CHASE, m. JOHN ASHWOOD. ii. SAMUEL THEAL CHASE. iii. WILLIAM THEAL CHASE, m. MARY WHITE. 20. iv. SARAH ANN CHASE. 21. v. JOHN WOODWORTH CHASE. vi. GEORGE AMBROSE CHASE, m. (1) ALICE CHASE; m. (2) MARGARET.
Notes for GEORGE AMBROSE CHASE: Taught school in Cornwallis for a time, graduated from Uiversity of Torronto, taught in Ontario, and finally was English master at Jarvis Collegiate.
vii. JANE ELIZABETH CHASE, m. AUGUSTUS H. HANINGTON. viii. ALBERT ALEXANDER CHASE, d. 1871
Notes for ALBERT ALEXANDER CHASE: downed at sea in 1871on the brig Geneva where he was second mate. All hands perished.
15. JANE SARAH4 CHASE (STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). She married THOMAS WHEATON 6 July 1802.
Notes for THOMAS WHEATON: May have been called Charles Wheaton. Child of JANE CHASE and THOMAS WHEATON is: i. LOSA5 WHEATON.
16. MARY ANN4 CHASE (STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1) was born 1809. She married WILLIAM BEDFORD BARNES. Children of MARY CHASE and WILLIAM BARNES are: i. HALLIBURTON5 BARNES.
Notes for HALLIBURTON BARNES: Haliburton went with Payson to California and Mexico with Bedford Chase and various other cousins.
ii. PAYSON BARNES. iii. CHALMERS BARNES.
Notes for CHALMERS BARNES: drowned in early youth
iv. ALICE BARNES. v. SUBMIT BARNES.
17. STEPHEN ALBERT4 CHASE (STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married ALBERTA REBECCA KINSMAN. Children of STEPHEN CHASE and ALBERTA KINSMAN are: i. EDWIN5 CHASE, m. ANNIE HARVEY. ii. ALICE CHASE, m. GEORGE AMBROSE CHASE.
Notes for GEORGE AMBROSE CHASE: Taught school in Cornwallis for a time, graduated from Uiversity of Torronto, taught in Ontario, and finally was English master at Jarvis Collegiate.
22. iii. BEDFORD CHASE, b. 22 April 1847; d. 17 June 1930. iv. HANNAH CHASE.
Notes for HANNAH CHASE: unmarried
v. ALBERT CHASE. 23. vi. WILLIAM H. CHASE. vii. REBECCA CHASE. 24. viii. OSCAR CHASE.
Generation No. 5
18. JOSHUA5 CHASE (JOSEPH4, JOSHUA3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) died 26 June 1918 in Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS. He married (1) FRANCES M. BORDEN. He married (2) REBECCA JANE CARUTHERS February 1864. Child of JOSHUA CHASE and FRANCES BORDEN is: i. MARY LEONTINE6 CHASE, m. JOHN HENRY FORSYTHE. Children of JOSHUA CHASE and REBECCA CARUTHERS are: 25. ii. MARY ANN6 CHASE, b. 19 May 1865, Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS; d. 7 March 1955, Kentville,Kings Co.,NS. iii. DAISY THERESA CHASE, b. 2 April 1868, Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS; d. 30 September 1938, Truro,NS; m. HERVEY CAREY CORBETT YUILL, 24 June 1908, Upper Canard,Kings Co.,NS. iv. MAUD MANNING CHASE, b. 23 January 1872, Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS. v. JULIA NUTTING CHASE, b. 1878, Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS; m. FREDERICK MANSON VAUGHN.
19. WILLIAM ALBERN5 CHASE (JOHN4, DAVID3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 5 December 1840 in Bridgetown,Nova Scotia, and died 5 September 1905 in Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. He married FRANCIS GERTRUDE CARTER TOOKER 29 January 1873. Children of WILLIAM CHASE and FRANCIS TOOKER are: 26. i. BYRON AUBREY6 CHASE, b. 3 June 1874, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. ii. RUBY JANE CHASE, b. January 1877, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. iii. ETHEL CHASE, b. June 1880, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. iv. FLORENCE LOUISE CHASE, b. 10 June 1883, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. v. MARY ISABEL CHASE, b. 1 March 1885, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. 27. vi. MABEL ALBERN CHASE, b. 14 September 1888, Yarmouth,Nova Scotia.
20. SARAH ANN5 CHASE (JOHN WOODWORTH4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). She married STEPHEN SMITH DUBOIS. Children of SARAH CHASE and STEPHEN DUBOIS are: i. EMILY JANE6 DUBOIS, m. B. S. WOOD. ii. JUNY DUBOIS, m. ISAAC PARKES. 28. iii. ADA ESTELLE DUBOIS. iv. IRENE MILLICENT DUBOIS, m. SHERMAN BOND. v. JESSIE DUBOIS, m. HOWARD FOZELLE. vi. JENNIE DUBOIS, m. ROLAND WHITE. vii. WILBUR MELVIN DUBOIS. viii. ORILLA DUBOIS.
Notes for ORILLA DUBOIS: unmarried
21. JOHN WOODWORTH5 CHASE (JOHN WOODWORTH4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married HELEN SUBMIT ELLS 27 December 1865, daughter of JOHN ELLS and SUBMIT WOODWORTH. Children of JOHN CHASE and HELEN ELLS are: i. ARTHUR ALBERT6 CHASE, b. 18 June 1872. ii. FRANCIS LEAVITT CHASE, d. died young. 29. iii. HARRY ALEXANDER CHASE, b. 16 December 1870. iv. MILLICENT SUBMIT CHASE.
Notes for MILLICENT SUBMIT CHASE: never married
22. BEDFORD5 CHASE (STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1) was born 22 April 1847, and died 17 June 1930. He married SARAH ELIZABETH COGSWELL 29 December 1880.
Notes for BEDFORD CHASE: In the Chase Chronicle, Millicent Submit Chase says that as a young man, Bedford, with his cousins Haliburton and Payson Barnes, went to California looking for gold and later to Mexico. Bedford made two trips home to Nova Scotia before returning to settle.
On one occasion, he took his young brother Albert who had contracted tuberculosis after measles and pneumonia to a very famous Mexican doctor who was healing by sunrays - the first of a very new school of healing. but it was too late; the doctor advised Bedford to take his brother home and the brother died a few months later.
Millicent Submit Chase goes on to say that Bedford Chase was a man of outstanding personality, keen business acumen and the kindest heart in the world. Children of BEDFORD CHASE and SARAH COGSWELL are: 30. i. ALICE REBECCA6 CHASE. ii. SARAH OLIVIA CHASE, m. J W HARVEY. iii. MARY LOGAN CHASE, m. KENNETH HIBBERT. 31. iv. ALBERT EDWARD CHASE. v. MARGARET COGSWELL CHASE, m. HARRY S PATTERSON. 32. vi. GEORGE AMBROSE CHASE. vii. LILA ELIZABETH CHASE, m. RALPH DONALDSON. viii. HANNAH JEAN CHASE, m. PAUL D MOSHER. ix. BEDFORD DONALD CHASE, m. (1) MARGUERITE BANCROFT; m. (2) MADELYN ELLIOTT.
23. WILLIAM H.5 CHASE (STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married FRANCES WEBSTER. Children of WILLIAM CHASE and FRANCES WEBSTER are: i. LALIA BARCLAY6 CHASE. 33. ii. WILLIAM H CHASE.
24. OSCAR5 CHASE (STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married ELIZABETH LITTLE.
Notes for OSCAR CHASE: #014974-92 (Toronto): Oscar CHASE, 31, farmer, Cornwallis Nova Scotia, same, s/o Albert CHASE & Rebecca KINSMAN, married Elizabeth LITTLE, 27, Simcoe Co., 49 Grant St. Toronto, d/o Robert LITTLE & Susannah CROSS, witnesses were Maggie LITTLE & Neil MORRISON, 13 Sept. 1892
Children of OSCAR CHASE and ELIZABETH LITTLE are: i. LILLIAN6 CHASE.
Notes for LILLIAN CHASE: doctor in Regina
34. ii. MARGARET CHASE.
Generation No. 6
25. MARY ANN6 CHASE (JOSHUA5, JOSEPH4, JOSHUA3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 19 May 1865 in Sheffield Mills,Kings Co.,NS, and died 7 March 1955 in Kentville,Kings Co.,NS. She married ROBERT DICKEY 14 September 1892 in Upper Canard,Kings Co.,NS. Children of MARY CHASE and ROBERT DICKEY are: i. CARL MANNING7 DICKEY. ii. HORACE BLAIR DICKEY.
26. BYRON AUBREY6 CHASE (WILLIAM ALBERN5, JOHN4, DAVID3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 3 June 1874 in Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. He married ELLA MARIA ZIMMERMAN 30 October 1902 in Dawson City,Yukon,Canada. Children of BYRON CHASE and ELLA ZIMMERMAN are: i. MABEL FRANCIS7 CHASE, b. 20 June 190, Granville,Canada,Yukon Terr.. ii. WALTER WILLIAM CHASE, b. 6 October 1906, Sec 20 t34 r28,Meridian,Saskatchewan. iii. FLORENCE MARGARET CHASE, b. 22 February 1910, Elstow,Saskatchewau,Canada. iv. AUBREY BYRON CHASE, b. 28 July 1911, Harvel,IL. v. HAROLD ARTHUR CHASE, b. 23 May 1916, Kindersley,Saskatchewau,L17 B15 Plan gg.
27. MABEL ALBERN6 CHASE (WILLIAM ALBERN5, JOHN4, DAVID3, JOSEPH2, STEPHEN1) was born 14 September 1888 in Yarmouth,Nova Scotia. She married HAROLD YOUNG. Child of MABEL CHASE and HAROLD YOUNG is: i. HELEN7 YOUNG.
28. ADA ESTELLE6 DUBOIS (SARAH ANN5 CHASE, JOHN WOODWORTH4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). She married HARRY ALEXANDER CHASE, son of JOHN CHASE and HELEN ELLS. Child of ADA DUBOIS and HARRY CHASE is: i. HELEN ADA7 CHASE, m. HUBERT PROUSE.
29. HARRY ALEXANDER6 CHASE (JOHN WOODWORTH5, JOHN WOODWORTH4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1) was born 16 December 1870. He married ADA ESTELLE DUBOIS, daughter of STEPHEN DUBOIS and SARAH CHASE. Child of HARRY CHASE and ADA DUBOIS is: i. HELEN ADA7 CHASE, m. HUBERT PROUSE.
30. ALICE REBECCA6 CHASE (BEDFORD5, STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). She married THOMAS LYDIARD. Child of ALICE CHASE and THOMAS LYDIARD is: i. ALICE STUART7 LYDIARD.
31. ALBERT EDWARD6 CHASE (BEDFORD5, STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married FLORENCE SHOULDICE. Children of ALBERT CHASE and FLORENCE SHOULDICE are: i. NANCY JEAN7 CHASE. ii. GEORGE AMBROSE CHASE. iii. ALBERT EDWARD CHASE.
32. GEORGE AMBROSE6 CHASE (BEDFORD5, STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married ALMENA COGSWELL. Children of GEORGE CHASE and ALMENA COGSWELL are: i. BARBARA JEAN7 CHASE. ii. STEPHEN COGSWELL CHASE. iii. LEONARD EATON CHASE.
33. WILLIAM H6 CHASE (WILLIAM H.5, STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). He married HELEN WEBSTER. Children of WILLIAM CHASE and HELEN WEBSTER are: i. FRANCES BARCLEY7 CHASE. ii. WILLIAM HENRY CHASE.
34. MARGARET6 CHASE (OSCAR5, STEPHEN ALBERT4, STEPHEN3, JETHRO2, STEPHEN1). She married ROSS COLLINS. Child of MARGARET CHASE and ROSS COLLINS is: i. SUSAN7 COLLINS.
Notes for SUSAN COLLINS: first woman to graduate from Agriculture College in Ontario.
48. ESTHER5 BUFFINGTON (HANNAH 4 BUFFUM, CALEB 3, ROBERT 2, JAMES 1 BOUGHAM) was born October 30, 1712 in Salem, Ma, and died July 14, 1750 in Swansea, Ma. She married STEPHEN CHASE September 11, 1728, son of Joseph Chase and Sarah Sherman.
Children of Esther Buffington and Stephen Chase are: i. HANNAH6 CHASE, b. February 22, 1728/29; m. JOSEPH SLADE, July 02, 1747. ii. SARAH CHASE, b. November 18, 1731; m. JONATHAN LUTHER, January 16, 1751/52. 112. iii. ESTHER CHASE, b. October 05, 1733; d. September 18, 1807, Somerset, Ma. 113. iv. SUSANNAH CHASE, b. January 01, 1734/35, Freetown, Rhode Island; d. May 19, 1765, Dartmouth, Ma. v. BENJAMIN CHASE, b. January 29, 1736/37. vi. STEPHEN CHASE, b. April 03, 1740. vii. JOSEPH CHASE, b. April 13, 1742. viii. ASA CHASE, b. August 04, 1744. ix. JETHRO CHASE, b. June 13, 1746. x. PEACE CHASE, b. August 05, 1748; m. DAVID BAKER, November 26, 1767. xi. COMFORT CHASE, b. July 10, 1750; m. SAMUEL UPTON, February 18, 1773.
14 Norwood Court
Porter's Lake, NS B3E 1G3
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids